• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Altered Reality: The Shapeshifters

Status
Not open for further replies.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Big day of RP ideas for me, XD

It's a hot summer day, and you decide to go down to the public beach for a swim. All goes like a normal day, until noon rolled around. Most swimmers had gone to shore to eat lunch, but you and a group of your friends decide to stay in the water. That's when things start to get weird. The sky clouds over in almost an instant, and the water begins to swirl like a whirlpool, sucking you and your friends into it.

You wake up to find yourself on the beach again, but something was different about it. Earth had become more of a polluted dump then it already was! Trash everywhere! Your train of thought is lost when you are clubbed in the back of the head with something, and are knocked out.

You wake up to find yourself in a tube filled with green liquid, a group of scientists staring at you. You feel different, you appear half animal! Later on, you find out that you had been tested on by the government, and had the ability to take the form of your human, half human, or animal self. The only catch, you're property of the government, and can't leave!

Will you try and escape, and be on the run from the government in the polluted world?

Name:
    Animal:
    Human Appearance:
    Animal Appearance: (lets try and stick to the basics, I dont want purple zebras >>)
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance:
    Personality:
    Animal Info: (Some details about your animal)

I wont ask for a sample for this one. But if I see poor RPing, I reserve the right to kick you.

Xhaiden

Cosplayer of Doom
    Years
    Name: Reika Umura
    Animal:Wolf
    Human Appearance: Mid height, Long black hair with a tint of red, brown eyes, wears usually baggy clothes.
    Animal Appearance: A Pure black wolf with goldenrod eyes
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: Retains her human appearance other then a wolf tail, Ears and black fur coating her body.
    Personality: Quiet, angered easily, has a hard time expressing herself
    Animal Info: She is a powerful animal that has a heightened sense of smell and hearing.

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    Name: Chiko Mizikai
    Animal: Cat
    Human Appearance: Chiko has dark brown hair, straight and short falling right beneath her face. She has a lanky posture, giving off the aura of carelessless. She wears a short, breezy white top and layers of soft purple for the skirt. Around her neck are two rings of silver for a collar, and another set of rings around her wrist. Her emerald eyes often have flecks of amber in them,
    Animal Appearance: The cat is pitch black, agile yet rather small for a normal one. The eyes remain the same, emerald with flecks of amber, and the two rings of silver circle its neck.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: SHe's the same as human form, except a black tail is now present, along with two ears and strangely- only the right hand replaced by a paw.
    Personality: Chiko is a sassy, devious girl, with no clear intentiosn about what she's going to do. She likes playing pranks and tricks, particulary putting people at discomfort. SHe often waves away her troubles with a giggle, having to find charming people easy. Most wouldn't suspect her of anything, because well, Chiko is a bit of a stuck up. She desperately needs an ego deflation, but she's a good natured girl, only some people don't realize it.
    Animal Info: The cat is extremely clever and deceitful, having excellent sense of guidance. It has the agility and balance of one, and likes to play around with its predators and preys.

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
    This sounds strangley like Hunimals. o.O lol

Name: Angel
    Animal: Cobra
    Human Appearance: Like this:
    Altered Reality: The Shapeshifters

Animal Appearance: Large and black, slender body shape, that famous snake forked toungue, and a hood around their neck.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: Long, slender, balck-scaled body with arms, and the cobra hood around her neck. Sharp, green eyes as always.
    Personality: She doesn't like to be bossed around. If she is challenged her first instinct is to fight. She doesn't like any people very well besides her friends.
    Animal Info: Cobras are venemous snakes. They spit vemom at their prey to paralyze them before eating them. Their hoods around their necks are mostly kept to their sides, unless they stretch them out, which is usually used to make them look bigger and scarier.

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
    Years
    Name: Robert
    Animal: Wolverine
    Human Appearance:Typical teenager, with messy, dark brown hair, and hazel eyes. He always has dark cirlces under his eyes, though, like he never gets any sleep. he wears a variety of clothes, though usually favoring khaki shorts and pale T-shirts.
    Animal Appearance: https://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/AIVAS/wolverine.jpg
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: He becomes covered in the red-brown hair, though it's not as long as a normal wolverines, though it's every bit as thick, and his fingers end in claws. His mouth remains normal, though all of his teeth become like those of a wolverine.
    Personality: I hate this section, I'll fill it out later.
    Animal Info: https://www.fishbc.com/adventure/wilderness/animals/wolverine.htm

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Master Angel said:
    This sounds strangley like Hunimals. o.O lol

Yes, I know. I'm sorry. I liked your idea, and I wanted to expand upon it. ^^;;

Name: David
    Animal: Harbor Seal
    Human Appearance: David stands at 5'11" and has short, red hair as well as blue eyes. He wears a grey sweater, and a pair of navy blue jeans, as well as a black pair of running shoes.
    Animal Appearance: Look at the first pic below to see the full body pic of a Harbor Seal, then see the second one for what David looks like.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: As part seal, David's skin becomes the colour of the seal form, and gains a light cast of fur. He has whiskers coming out from his face, and his nose changes to that of a seal. On the rare occassion, his legs also mold into a tail as well, but only sometimes.
    Personality: N/A
    Animal Info: Harbor seals are well adapted to life in the sea. They are able to dive to depths exceeding 600 feet (183 m) and can remain submerged for over 20 minutes. Oxygen-conserving adaptations that allow such dives include reduced peripheral circulation, reduced heart rate, and high levels of myoglobin (muscle oxygen binder). Harbor seals are graceful and efficient swimmers as they use their hind flippers for propulsion and foreflippers as rudders. Movement on land, however, is slow and laborious.

Model
    David

Last edited:
    Years
    Name: Rachel
    Animal: Plesiosaurus
    Human Appearance: She is 5'7", and has bownhair going to the center of her back, with blond streaks. She wears all black, mostly consisting of a black sweater and slacks. Her skin is palish, which is a result of living in Alaska all her life.
    Animal Appearance: Her plesiosaurus form is virtually invisable in the deep, with a dark blue top and whiteish underside. Her eyes are like a dolphins.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: human lower body, plesiosaur upper body, neck, and head. Kinda hard to move.
    Personality:.... she loves water, and is care-free in the water, but she becomes very serious when givin a job or when she gets out of the water.
    Animal Info: Plesiosaurus lived mostly during the jurassic era. it's entire body was streamlined, and though it was an excellent swimmer, it hauled itself on land to rest or lay eggs.

Ciera

This is a tragedy.
    Years
    Name: Jaklyn
    Animal: Crow
    Human Appearance: Pale, grayish skin. Black hair, dark blue eyes. She wears dark clothing, and isn't afraid to show a little skin.
    Animal Appearance: Black, with black, beady eyes. A grayish-gold beak.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: Human looking enough with black eyes, and wings coming from her shoulder blades, 'talons' on her fingers, her feet like a bird's. Her face is narrow, her nose slightly curved, like a beak.
    Personality: Quietly, though friendly.
    Animal Info: Relentless, quiet, swift. Crows are intelligent, not easily pushed around.

Suzu

~♥~
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen May 12, 2005
    Name: Paige
    Animal: Fox
    Human Appearance: Dark brown hair that is about 5 inchs past her shoulders and curls at the ends with long bangs, bright green eyes, 5'3 tall and slim build. She wares a red tank top, faded blue jeens, and white running shoes.
    Animal Appearance: A little orange fox.
    Half-Human/Half-animal Appearance: Her hair is more redish in color and her eyes are yellow. She also has fangs, claws, fox ears, and a fox tale.
    Personality: She is clever and likes to mess with people, this sometimes geting her into trouble. She is outgoing and will try and befriend anyone, but can be maipulative and jealose. She always looks on the bright side.
    Animal Info: a clever animal that apears in japanese and west indian mythology.

Riyuko

Galaxy Angel. X3
    Years
    Name~ Sheba
    Gender~ Female
    Age~ 14
    Animal~ Cougar
    Animal Appearance~ Click here

~Human Appearance~

Sheba has shoulder length brown hair, and crystal blue eyes. She has a slender build, and she usually wears a black t-shirt. As for pants, Sheba wears slightly baggy blue jeans, and a chain hanging from her waist. A silver chain also hangs around her neck. She usually walks around bare foot.

~Half Human/Half Animal Appearance~

As a halfling, Sheba has large reddish-brown ears on top of her head, and fearsome fangs. What used to be feet, are now gigantic paws. She has sharp claws on her hands, and a long, heavy, cougar tail which is black tipped.

~Personality~

Sheba is a very brave young girl, but is also very wary. She is usually very quiet. She is very serious, and is usually found telling people older than her to "stop being some immature"! Although, she doesnt mind having fun once in a while. She is very sneaky, and loves to play tricks on people.

~Animal Information~

The fur of this large animal is short and reddish-brown to grey-brown with white on the underside; the tail is black-tipped. The head is fairly small with small, rounded ears and large feet. The average adult male weighs 125 pounds and the female 100 pounds. Mountain lions have extraordinary vision and are remarkably fast. From a standing position, mountain lions can jump a vertical distance of up to 15 feet and a horizontal distance of 40 feet. Mountain lions choose deer as prey more than any other animal, but they also feed on wild hogs, raccoons, rabbits and hares, porcupine, and birds.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    OOC: Okay, I editted my profile into my last post, and we're set. I'm allowing two more members after I post, but they MUST show off their RPing ability to me before they post. We're starting from inside the tubes, and are in our half animal forms, FYI.

IC:What had happened? I remembered the whirlpool, and then I was on the beach again. It had been different though, there was garbage everywhere, and the air was so polluted with smog, it was hard to breathe. Then, I had felt a sharp pain in the back of my head, which was followed by darkness.

I opened my eyes, to find myself staring into a green substance of some kind, an oxygen mask over my mouth and whiskers. Wait! Whiskers? I mover my arm up to touch the parts of the whiskers that extended out of the mask, and saw that my arms has become a bit thicker, and had turned grey. What was going on?

Years
    Dazed.. confused... what was going on. I shook my head, and opened my eyes, to find myself staring into green liquid, with an oxygen mask over my jaws. I looked down, and nearly screamed as i sawa incredibly long neck and flippers attatched to my human waist and legs. I struggled, but only sucseeded in cutting off my air for a minute. interestingly enough, this was no problem for me.

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
    I was awake, but I didn't open my eyes. A sense of fear was welling up inside of me. But I didn't know why.

With my eyes still closed I waved my arm around. For some reason it was difficult to move, like I was in water. Was this what the moon felt like? But we couldn't be on the moon. And we couldn't be underwater, I was able to breathe.

Next I tried to move my legs. They were somehow easier to move, but they moved as one, and felt very close together. That was the final straw for me. I opened my eyes.

Yow! Talk about a wake-up call. The world was green. Maybe this WAS the moon. But there were bubbles. Lots and lots of bubbles. No kidding.

Then I crossed my eyes (which seemed narrower for some reason) and noticed a breathing mask over my face. Ah, so I COULD be on the moon. What fun.

By crossing my eyes to look down at my face, I couldn't help but look down at my legs. First thing I noticed, was that I was floating. The next thing I noticed (which is a funny thing to not notice at first, considering what it was) was that instead of legs I had a....

Tail. I. Have a. Tail. Yeah. That's right. Well, not a tail really. But it sure looked like one. Maybe I was a mermaid, which would mean this was underwater...

I looked around me. I saw some of my friends. In a greener tube next to me (or so it looked) was David... I think. Something was different.

Riyuko

Galaxy Angel. X3
    Years
    Sheba moaned weakly, but didnt dare open her eyes. There was something weird going on, and she didnt want to wake up to face it.
    Whats going on...?the young teenager asked herself, squirming slightly. I dont remember anything...where am I?

I remember swimming on the beach...but what then? this was getting more and more confusing by the second. But that wasnt the least on Sheba's mind. She slowly gathered the energy to open her eyes. Right away green liquid came into view. Sheba gasped. This was getting way too freaky.

Sheba tried her hardest to speak, but it was merely impossible with a large oxygen mask covering her jaw. She then held her hands up to her face, and gasped. Where her nails were previously, was now replaced with razor sharp claws. She held her hands to her head. She felt something very furry and large. Ears.
    Okay, whats going on!? Sheba asked herself, not wanting to see what else had changed about her; but curiousity killed the cat...literally.

Slowly and frightfully, Sheba managed to look down. There, where her feet were supposed to be, was gigantic paws, topped off with claws that were even sharper than the last set. But that wasnt all. Sheba couldnt see it, but she knew it was there. She had a tail.
    No...this has to be a dream! Whats happening to me?

Sheba looked around her. There were other people here. Wait...she knew them. They were her friends. But what happened to them?

Master Angel

Have a BAD day. I am.
    Years
    I glanced to my side, and saw Sheba in another tank.

I put up a hand to knock on the glass of my tube (which is what I finally realized it was) but I stopped when I noticed my hands were black and covered with... scales.

I didn't do this much, but I freaked. I swear, I totally flipped out. I banged on the glass. I needed to open my mouth to scream, but with the oxygen mask on it was kinda hard. So I ripped it off, and suddenly couldn't breathe too well. Something over my nose covered them so they wouldn't get full of water.

I banged on the glass some more, and with my mermaid-tail thingie I hit the glass, hard enough to break it.

Myself and the green water spilled out onto the floor. I pushed myself up, with a lot of help from my mid-section.

"What'ssssss happened?" I half hissed.

parallelzero

chelia.blendy
    Years
    Okay, this was too weird! In panic, I rushed at the glass that contained me, smashing a hole through it. I slid out of the tube along with the water, but cut myself on the glass, leaving a deep wound down my side.
    "Man... what's going on?" I asked, noticing a faint "arf" at the end. I noticed a girl off too my side, that resembled a snake. "Angel? That you?"

Lily

◕ ‿‿ ◕ double rainbow.
    Years
    This is a dream

Chiko softly whispered comforting words to herself, her eyes still closed. Far away, she could make out the fluorescent beams of emerald showering down, with the glass wall covering either side. Nothing disturbed this dome of serenity, absolutely nothing. She floated there peacefully, hoping this rare, tranquil moment wouldn't be destroyed...

The girl uttered a word, before reality came into her senses. But she didn't want to wake. She wanted to stay in the relaxed slumber, letting her mind drift off for eternity. It was a pitiful wish. She almost felt she was on the ocean's wave again, the cool water embracing her..but now, Chiko nearly shook with fear when she mentioned the word water.

Her emerald eyes snapped open, gazing just ahead of her. Darkness enclosed her, suffocating her before she finally hissed with anger. Vexed, her hands tried pushing against the glass-

Hands. Paws. Hands. Paws. What was the difference? Her left hand was perfectly normal, but her right...

Chiko shuddered at the black fur scraping against the glass. This was a dream,[/i] she told herself firmly with some amount of finality. A strange pulse of agility ran swiftly through her body, and she was willing to just go out and-

Jump. Escape.

But how? Chiko frowned once, eyes acute as they scanned the room around her. The green liquid was transparent enough, as she carefully floated to the very edge. If no one was going to help her, then she would just have to escape by herself. Narrowing her eyes into venomous slits, her whole body shook as it rammed into a side. But nothing availed.

What the heck...

Angry, Chiko tried again. And again. Before shattering glass came in contact.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back