• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Game Idea] Alternative Type Chart - Removing Dragon and Fairy (WIP)

Years
    Been thinking of ways to make my type chart different then other fangames, so I considered the usual ideas. Adding Sound, Light, Cosmic or Beast type etc... But then...I didn't and instead removed two popular ones xD Dragon Pokémon can usually be sorted easily into other categories (Kind of like Charizard being Fire/Flying) and most Fairy types already used to be something else anyway. (No idea if this has been done before or not, not seen it myself.)

Been trying to lessen the gap between the various types and still keeping them as they were, or within the same role as they used to serve. I wasn't going to change things that much but...It's difficult not to.

FIRE no longer resists BUG (More for balance reasons and wanting Fire to be more offensive then defensive)
    ICE resists WATER and GROUND (Wanted ICE to be more of a defensive type)
    GROUND is not super effective against ROCK (Nerfing Ground offense a little, Considered STEEL but ROCK has so many weaknesses)
    STEEL no longer resists PSYCHIC or GRASS (Nerfing STEEL defensiveness)
    GHOST resists STEEL (Because why not.)

Thinking of having a lore explanation of REGIONAL VARIATIONS, basically the concept/mystery of typings being varied from region to region (also explaining Gamefreaks changes in a way) and also maybe that some regions simply just label certain Pokémon differently. My region is very isolated so they don't have as much contact with the other regions. Also thinking that the differences might be due to a regional variants...of Mew.

Alternative Type Chart - Removing Dragon and Fairy (WIP)

+2 - DARK,FIGHTING,FIRE,FLYING,WATER,STEEL,GHOST
    +1 - ROCK
    0 - ELECTRIC,GROUND
    -1 - ICE
    -3 - GRASS,BUG,NORMAL,POISON,PSYCHIC

Still far from balanced but ofc, the balance is also tweaked in the stats, moves, abilities etc. And imo...Unbalanced non pvp games are usually more fun :P Still considering going back on some of the changes but i kind of want types like BUG and ICE to be a little better.

Any thoughts or ideas? I'm open to suggestions.

Back