• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Am I going crazy!? (Pokemon GTS)

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    This has happened to me Way too many times.

Let's say you're trying to complete the pokedex. You find a Manectric up in the GTS. They want a Gabite for it.
    You go out and about to find a Gabite in less than five minutes.
    Then, when you're ready to trade that Gabite for the Manectric - it's just gone.
    Within those five minutes - gone.

You're probably thinking "you were just too slow" or something. No. This has just happened to me Way too many times to the point it's just no longer coincidental to me. This is at least the eighth time this has happened to me That fast.

Does this happen to anyone else That often and fast!? It can be towards Any possible pokemon. I think I'm literally losing my mind over this, lol..

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    It used to happen to me a lot, that is why I recommend PokéCommunity's Trade Corner. ;)

Hmm I sound like a tv ad there.

Last edited:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Online now
    I don't think it's really unfeasible. Millions of people play Pokemon worldwide so there's probably tens of thousands of people browsing the GTS at any given time, and with numbers that large the probability of stuff getting taken quickly is there.

I've had it happen to me at least a few times too.

Black-Tigress

Exclusive Shiny Hunter
    Years
    • Seen Mar 24, 2017
    Mmkay. Thank ya'll for the help and making me feel less crazy, lol.. I'll definitely try the trade corner here instead..

Years
    Yup, unfortunately it has happened with every single trade I had ever made with X and Y's GTS, hence why I avoid that place at all costs. My trades are usually made at Pokemon Showdown, where you can be as specific as you want with the Pokemon that you need; or like Sunflower said, stick to the Trade corner here.

Years
    I never use GTS due to lousy internet connection that seems to hate my 3DS, but it is annoying that your trade is gone just when you get what was the other person was offering. This is why PC's Trade Corner exists, because you can be more specific with what you want.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    I personally try avoiding GTS whenever possible for reasons like this. If I'd like to obtain certain Pokémon, what I used to do is set up trades through trusted message boards, such as Marriland and Serebii. This way, you'll be more confident on what you're getting; you'll feel less troubled.

Leviathan

[span="font-family:ubuntu; color: whitesmoke; padd
    Years
    Whilst it doesn't really happen to me now, it used to a lot back in the D/P/Pt GTS days. Slightly annoying, but I got over it and moved on.

Dedenne1

[SPAN="FONT-SIZE:16.5PX; FONT-FAMILY: SATISFY; TEX
    Years
    This especially happens when they have a shiny say the event jirachi probably cloned and ask for a Pidgeot level 90+ or something so i go and use 2 more rare candies on my pidgeot and boom gone within a sec with all the people on the GTS its easy to get sniped these days.

Years
    • Seen Sep 6, 2015
    Yep, happened to me more than I can stand. I'll go through the trouble of breeding and hatching an egg, then it's gone. I started just only looking at requests 5 places to the right or farther since I figure those first 4 are going to be gone when I get back.

Back