• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

3rd Gen Am I the only one sad there's no bonsly?

How sad am I? According the mirror in the bathroom..

• Pass the tissues

Votes: 2 33.3%
  • I need to go somewhere and sleep forever

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'm already dead. Waahh?!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Gooby pls

Votes: 4 66.7%

• Total voters

S-MAN

Banned
Years
  • Rate your sadness because I know there's sadness in everyone's hearts. Why only Pokemon XD? Why nintendo? なんで?

Years
  • Can't say I'm heartbroken over the fact that we didn't see Bonsly in the main 3rd generation games. I mean, it would've been a unique opportunity to say the least, but if we had to get a Pokemon released early, I'd have taken Munchlax over Bonsly, easily.

Still cool that it made it's way into Gale of Darkness, and I wish we'd see more teasers like this in some of the newer games (spinoffs or otherwise).

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • Can't say I'm heartbroken over the fact that we didn't see Bonsly in the main 3rd generation games. I mean, it would've been a unique opportunity to say the least, but if we had to get a Pokemon released early, I'd have taken Munchlax over Bonsly, easily.

Still cool that it made it's way into Gale of Darkness, and I wish we'd see more teasers like this in some of the newer games (spinoffs or otherwise).

Jeez how did I forget about munchlax? This makes it even worse. Wouldn't it be nice if they added a pokedex patch for r/s/e and fr/lg games to make it compatible? Would that have been so hard?

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    uh yeah. The game doesn't have any free space to store new Pokemon data, cry and sprites because you can't re-write a ROM chip, and the savegame memory is only large enough to hold basic data.

S-MAN

Banned
    Years
  • uh yeah. The game doesn't have any free space to store new Pokemon data, cry and sprites because you can't re-write a ROM chip, and the savegame memory is only large enough to hold basic data.

Then what is the berry patch for r/s all about that you get from fr/lg?

Years
  • The patch was really only to fix the internal calendar in early Ruby and Sapphire cartridges. Because the way the game calculates the date, it will accidentally freeze for a year after playing for 366 days (for instance, if you started January 1st 2016, the internal calendar would 'freeze' for the entirety of 2017, before going back to normal). This affected any daily events like the Lottery Corner, Mirage Island appearing, successful rocket launches in Mossdeep, and like the name implies, the ability to grow berries.

COOLTRAINER♂

Speedball 2: Brutal Vanilluxe
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2019
    Yeah, the wording of the Berry Program Update is misleading. Since the code that checks the internal clock breaks after a year since the game was first started and resumes working after another year it just silently advances time (and R/S only tracks 24-hour time so you don't notice the date has advanced a year)

Sydian

fake your death.
    Years
  • Not particularly. I don't really care for baby Pokemon. They're cute I guess? But for the most part, rather useless and don't have much of a point to them other than being Dex fillers. I'd rather just have a full grown Sudowoodo.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2016
    Yeah sorry, not overly saddened by Bonsly's non appearance. I don't much care for the baby Pok?mon though it was cool to see it in XD. :)

Years
    • US
    • Seen Jan 22, 2017
    Here's there sprites for you to feel even worse. ;(

munchlax.png

usohachi-sprite.png

There should be an Emerald 386 hack with these Pokemon or something.

Back