• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen am I the only one that finds it unfair we can't delete phone numbers?

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    It was annoying the first time around. Second time around I knew whose numbers to get and who to avoid like the plague. I still wish you had the option to delete numbers, that would've saved me a lot of headache the first time around.

Soraine

(*゚.゚)
    Years
    I have registered every single person's number in the pokegear that I've came across (in which case most if not all possible numbers), and I don't get called enough to irritate me. I get called about once every couple of hours, so I don't have any issues with it. If I had to say one thing about it? it'd be Joey.

Years
    • Seen Nov 5, 2017
    I naively registered a few numbers having no idea what I was getting myself into, then I was told it was THE WORST THING EVER which was soon shown by Joey and his Rattata. I only ended up with 4, but I've still got quite a lot of calls; I'm just glad I didn't end up registering more numbers.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    JOEY'S RATTATA!! JOEY'S RATTATA!! ZOMG IT'S SO ANNOYING!! D:<

This pretty much. I find it very irritating how trainers can call me to tell me stuff I don't care about. The only real positive about the phone system is the ablity to have rematches via it, but honestly, I'd rather have the VS. Seeker.

minchan

Mudkip Worshipper
    Years
    I like how if you want to add everyone, there's room for it. That's better than the originals. But the originals did get it right when they had the option to delete...

Sometimes, you just wanna do your own thing, without the phone ringing. Regardless of whether or not you actually decide to pick it up...

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024

The random calls don't annoy me that much - it sets it apart from DPPt and FrLg, whilst simultaneously reminding me of Emerald.

Not being able to delete isn't too bad - what's frustrating is that it's hard to order them right - Emerald had that good with the PokéNav, putting professors, gym leaders, elite four, Steven etc. at the top so they were easier to find.

Back