• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Am I the only one who can't enjoy the 1st and second generation games anymore ?

Are you still able to enjoy playing the older games even the graphics are not as good

• Yes the graphics do not bother me that much. I still enjoy playing the older games

Votes: 124 82.1%
  • No I am not able to enjoy playing the older games because of the graphics

Votes: 27 17.9%

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen May 21, 2022
    I actually like playing R/B/Y and G/S/C more than the gen 3 and 4 games. In fact, I'm playing through Blue again right now. x3

Game graphics never really bother me though. A lot of the time, I'd rather play SNES than a lot of newer systems.

I love the SNES, because it had really great graphics for its time, and even though I don't have one physically, I play the games on emulators, and they are quite enjoyable. I like playing the older Pokemon games once in a while , but they really aren't that replayable after the first two times.

Ayselipera

The graphics are so bad I can't play my first
    or second generation games. Since Firered
    and Leafgreen came out my kanto craving has
    been cured. So now I'm just waiting for HG/SS.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Jul 28, 2014
    I always play yellow! Thats what is in my GBA SP right know! The graphics dont bother me at all. I would play gen 2 games but I like playing one game at a time :) But I have never really gotten in to gen 3 and 4. My brother lost his DS so I could never finish is diamond, or play the pearl I bought, and I had Emerald but I never completed it. I mean I didnt dislike those generations, but I never got into it the way I did for gen 1 and 2.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
    Years
    i would still play them if i didnt lose mind so i only can watch vids of them

zZRaoto

rawr?
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2010
    I know exactly what you mean.

It's just common human nature; when we experience one thing that's better it's hard for us to adjust back to the old without all the good stuff in the newer versions. That's like saying you had a car without an ac and then you got a new car with ac then you lost that and had to settle for your old car without ac. It would be hell for you. That's the same exact concept for the Pokemon games.

derozio

[b][color=red][font=helvetica][i]door-kun best boi
    Years
    I can still play 1st gen games even though their graphics are bad as compared to the 3rd and 4th gen games. It just bothers me somtimes.

Years
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Aside from the really annoying bag system in R/B/Y... I have no problems playing any of those games... I eventually get over there being only one list for items and just enjoy the classics

Though... G/S/C... that was the height of Pokemon right there...

Munch Dog

Growlithe!
    Years
    The 2nd gen games are my all time favorites (1st gen was great but 2nd gen had much more of a charm for me) so no, I don't get bored with them, and I actually like the graphics in the 2nd gen. Though I'm currently getting my 2nd gen cravings through Liquid Crystal.

Years
    Well, I can still enjoy playing Crystal. I just like the game, and I haven't grown tired of it yet. However, the generation 1 games are starting to bore me. The sprites are just so damn ugly, imo.

i am on the sam boat as well, i like crystal adn silver but cant stand the 1st generation

solaris knight

Phantom ESP'er
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2013
    The graphics don't bother me, but I don't enjoy playing through my second gen games like I used to. The last time I played Crystal I stopped before the 8th badge.

Back