• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Am I the Only One Who Ignores Calls from Mother??

JP

wut?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Dec 13, 2019
    I've begun to ignore them. They're so annoying. It's gotten to the point where I just don't want her to save my money anymore. XD

Years
    • Seen Apr 25, 2010
    Well, I generally answer all the calls, but man, they are pretty pointless. I have no idea even why I still answer them.

Skystrike

[i]As old as time itself.[/i]
    Years
    AT first , I answered ...

But it gets PAINFUL . Clicky ... "Hey Gold , I got you an [item] ! Pick it up at the mart . I hope you like it ! ... click ...click ... click"*

Annoying ... Plus it doesn't spoil the surprise of meeting that guy and see what he has ! ^^

* - Not Exact Words ..
    Yeah. It was better in japanese.

I register everybody.....
    (except the girl that wants to talk about Clefaries. I DID NOT REGISTER HER......! forget clefaries.

Kristine

Pokemon Addict Since 1998
    Years
    I never ignore her calls, or anyone else's. Mom has sent me lots of neat stuff, including a lot of items I now have equipped to my Pokemon. I answer pretty much every call I get, even if it's just some kid telling me about his Rattata for the hundredth time. I swap PokeGear numbers with everyone that asks for it.

Arcanemage

Arcanine at heart!
    Years
    But don't you need to know everything that's going on in Joey's life? He's got a good Rattata XD cmon guys be nice! :D

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    I used to answer my mom's calls every single time so I'd get the items but I only realized like 20 minutes ago that I can completely ignore her calls and still get my items. I felt like a total tool but... yeah. XD; Now I have no intention of answering her. If she said slightly different things each time, maybe it'd be more interesting, but the same (rather long) blurb each time? Blech.

Years
    I answer every call but Mother's. After she gave me the useful items I would only get berries, so I went home, told her to stop saving, and took back the money that she'd been wasting this whole time.

I remember some fisher giving me an amusing call about how he could accidentally catch Raikou. Something about how Raikou would lose his footing and then get tangled in the rod's line.

Wild Electrode

Imma use Esplosion!
    Years
    Yeah, I always ignore her.
    All she buys me is those super effective halving berries, especially Babiri Berries. I seriously have over 40 of those things.
    The best part is 2/3rds of my team resist Steel, and none of them are weak to Steel.

Zebeedoo

Always remember to smile. ~
    Years
    I havn't even got called by her yet. =P Though I did go into the PokeMart once and got a potion. I dunno if it was from her though.

Guy

just a guy
    Years
    I used to answer my mom's calls every single time so I'd get the items but I only realized like 20 minutes ago that I can completely ignore her calls and still get my items. I felt like a total tool but... yeah. XD; Now I have no intention of answering her. If she said slightly different things each time, maybe it'd be more interesting, but the same (rather long) blurb each time? Blech.
    Pretty much the same thing goes for me here. I used to answer her all the time - sometimes missing it accidentally because of encountering a wild Pokémon, but a majority of the time I answered her calls. When I noticed I didn't need to hear the same thing over and over all the time in order to get my items, I simply started to ignore my mom's phone calls and popped into a PokéMart when I got the chance. I leave her unanswered calls as a reminder I guess.

When it comes to others though, even if it's Joey blabbering about his uber Rattata I still take the chance and pick it up as I know there are certain times when one can call and you can get a special item from them. Like this one girl who I registered as she stated her boyfriend gives her too many things, so when she gets something she'll call me so I can go pick it up (aww how sweet).

Sardonix

::Divinity AllSpark Holder::
    Years
    Well, it depends on my mood at the time of the call. I usually ignore Joey. Sometimes, I answer what little calls I get, but if it's Joey, I always ignore'em.

Back