• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I the only one who noticed that...

amisterlux

Banned
Years
  • Ash is supposed to be this young kid from the beginning, yet apparently has never attended one day of school in his life! lol...No school, no curfew, want to leave home at the age of 12 and have a random adventure? Sure honey, go right ahead...just make sure you take your little rat that shoots out 250,000 volts of electricity! haha...The land of Pokemon is kind of what a perfect world would be like if you asked a 6 year old to describe it! lol

Sorry...just a random though.

Years
    • Seen May 7, 2024
    It's an awesome world in my opinion, and I'm 15. Although the slightly darker world of PokeSpec is better....

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • I noticed, and it created huge problems for my work of fan fiction. I wanted to make a character who was 15 and had some education in her background... then the flamers swooped in and were all "Ur character has to be 10 becuz it sez so in teh games, u nub!" [/rant]

It's unrealistic, but it's a game. I really don't mind it as a gameplay element. But for the purpose of creating a semi-realistic Pokemon fan fiction, it does tick me off a bit.

joacen

Starter Pokemon: Oshawott
    Years
    • Seen Aug 8, 2011
    Well, when you look at the show from that perspective, it's obvious that no parent in the world would let their ten-year old kid go out on an adventure on his own. It sounds like fun, but Ash has been in many life-threatening situations. In fact, with all the stuff he's been through, it's a wonder he's still alive. He's been shocked by Pikachu multiple times, flamethrowered, fallen into many holes, and has even been slammed by a door.

But, of course, it's just a cartoon.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Well, when you look at the show from that perspective, it's obvious that no parent in the world would let their ten-year old kid go out on an adventure on his own. It sounds like fun, but Ash has been in many life-threatening situations. In fact, with all the stuff he's been through, it's a wonder he's still alive. He's been shocked by Pikachu multiple times, flamethrowered, fallen into many holes, and has even been slammed by a door.

But, of course, it's just a cartoon.

Not to mention being kidnapped and held at gunpoint.

Besides there is school in the Pokémon Universe... it's Pokémon school of course!
    Nobody needs to learn maths or science or anything that will help them get a job and earn money. Well who needs it when you can just win money and spend your whole life wandering the globe.

Although there must have been schools at one point in order for all the professors to get their PHDs.

Maybe only the really dumb kids who have no hope of getting anywhere in life, and the really smart kids who already know everything get to be pokemon trainers.

Either that or Ash's mother hates him and doesn't care if he lives or dies.

amisterlux

Banned
    Years
  • Haha...you guys are funny! I have had the same thoughts myself...The professors obviously found time to get an education, yet they fail to see how Ash or any of the other people they randomly get to help them might need on as well...apparently child labor laws don't exist in the world of Pokemon either...as well as all laws of physics! lol...either way...Poke'Land is pretty awesome...maybe it's Heaven and that's why there are no rules and you can get electrocuted and burned to a crisp and still be perfectly fine. lol

n64benowitz177

Is The Man In The Mirror.
    Years
    • Seen Jun 21, 2012
    What bothers me is that, as the show has gone out Ash's voice has gotten higher aka he has gotten younger and his Pikachu mysteriously weakens at the beginning of a new continent. His Pikachu should be able to take down most threats in one hit especially at the beginning of the new adventure.

orange discontent

pogeymans?
    Years
  • Personally I think it's just a show (within the PokeWorld - of course Pokemon itself just a cartoon/game/manga or what have you) and that the "real" pokemon world isn't at all as happy and shiny.

joacen said:
    He's been shocked by Pikachu multiple times, flamethrowered, fallen into many holes, and has even been slammed by a door.

Even slammed by a door? Lol.

Back