• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Am I wrong??

Status
Not open for further replies.

pirategirl92

Still loves season 1
    Years
    It doesn't matter how old you are, as long as you enjoy what you are doing and have fun along the way. I'm thirteen and I like pokemon, but some people say that pokemon is for little kids. It doesn't really matter how old you are. Just have fun!

Years
    Cool thats nice to know. I told my mum i was going to get emerald and she just laughed.
    But the thing is that if im wathing it on tvv on playing the games she stands there and watches.

Last edited:

Forest Grovyle

Resident Reptilian Artist
    Years
    I'm 18, nearly 19, and I love Pok?mon, and I know there's lots of people older than me here that love it! ^_^ Pok?mon can be enjoyed by people of any age :D I dislike the way Pok?mon's labelled as a "kiddy" game when it's actually good fun for anyone who plays it! :)

Years
    I'm the same age as you dude ^_- and I love Pokemon, I think I have since I was small XD

But I know how you feel, I cant tell my friends because I am afraid they will laugh, my mother asks me why I like it as well, but I dont care, I like what I like.

I come from SPPF and belive me there are 30 year olds who love Pokemon and their all cool XD

So no, it is not unusual...not in my oppinion anyway, I mean look at forums like PC and SPPF they are made out of Pokemon fans of all ages ^_-

NiNGi

Banned
    Years
    I dislike that kind of thinking too... >>;

It's for ignorant people. Just because they see some images of pokemon which might look for kids (like pikachu and all those cute pokemon) doesn't mean that they really know what pokemon is.
    I am 17 and although I haven't played the game in a while, I am still interested in Pokemon. It is fun, and it is not only for kids. For example, if you see certain features of the game regarding different battling strategies, you will understand what I mean by that... A kid would find that stuff too complex to be defined as 'fun'.

Ignorant people shall always exist, and if respect really existed, people wouldn't make such comments on other people's interests without really knowing it.
    I too hate this kind of behaviour, and it does not only happen regarding pokemon, but in many other things I like (like me having a passion for Japan and people doing their ignorant 'chinese-like' imitation of the language or behaviour, or when people start imitating bruce lee's kiai and doing stupid moves whenever I talk about my passion, which is Ninjutsu [in fact, I don't ever mention it anymore to anyone as they seem too stupid to understand... >>;).

That's how life is, unfortunately.

Eliana

The |R a m p a g e|
    Years
    No, there really isn't. I know a 42 year old who likes Pokemon, there isn't anything to be ashamed of...

...I don't think this thread is necessary, so I'm going to lock it. But don't worry, there really isn't anything wrong, trust me kay? ^^;

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back