• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMD or Intel?

Years
    (It was a 900-ish Mhz AMD Anthlon........seriously, why do they recycle processor names, whats the point?)

It's brand/name recognition. It's not like kept it the same the whole time. Athlon, Athlon XP, Athlon 64 (FX and X2 lines as well), Athlon II. They're being replaced with the A-Series, though. It was once their top line, over the Duron and Sempron (Turion was mobile), but it's been superceded by the Phenom (soon to be FX-Series).

Intel did exactly the same thing. Pentium, Pentium MMX, Pentium Pro, Pentium II, Pentium III, Pentium 4, Pentium D, Pentium M and Pentium Dual-Core, where the newest incarnation is a budget line, replaced by Core 2 Duo/Quad and now i3/i5/i7.

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    If you compare an Athlon 64 to an i5 OF COURSE THE i5 WILL FEEL FASTER. . . -.-

Honestly I owned an Athlon 64 3800+ and that thing felt great! Considering the year of that CPU? Plus the fact that it was a single core? Sweet Arceus that thing was sweeet. . .

I currently own a Phenom X3 720, honestly, I tried an Intel i7 2600k and I didn't feel a difference (Atleast not in normal usage, I couldn't test out the gaming part cuz' my graphic card, honestly sucks xP) I'm super happy with my 3 core and hell, it was only $80 with the mobo, who can argue with that logic?

Anyways, everything I've owned has been AMD, P4s sucked ass and that was the last Intel desktop I owned. . . I then had a core 2 duo lappy that didn't feel as good as I wanted it to, either way, it died. . .

I meant intel in general is better than AMD. Sorry if I made it sound like I was comparing my two comps, I was just trying to answer the OP's question.

Back