• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

American Idiot vs Hot Fuss

Greenday or The Killers?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Blaze

Shine On~
Years
  • Night-Kun said:
    You mean The Killers right? (Indicated by the bold above) 'Cause there's no way Green Day could be classified as pop.. They aren't posers and they should not go make a record with that wannabe Justin Timberlake.. Green Day is pure PUNK ROCK... No one with eight albums out could not pwn over all...

Green Day is a POP Band. Seriously they are NOT punk rock. Anyone who is a real emo or punk in the USA laughs at Green Day.

They used to be good, but since American Idiot came out we just see them as a bunch of posers. The Killers are a lot better, and wannabe Justin Timberlake has make much more money than Green Day ever will make.

Green Day doesn't have hardcore songs, they just have some pop melodies that make babies cry.

Night-Kun

Ze Punkrocker iz backorz!!
    Years
  • Master Blaze said:
    Green Day is a POP Band. Seriously they are NOT punk rock. Anyone who is a real emo or punk in the USA laughs at Green Day.

They used to be good, but since American Idiot came out we just see them as a bunch of posers. The Killers are a lot better, and wannabe Justin Timberlake has make much more money than Green Day ever will make.

Green Day doesn't have hardcore songs, they just have some pop melodies that make babies cry.

I'm in the USA... -_-;; I'm not going to argue with someone who thinks Green Day's PUNK music make babies cry.. Green Day was around LONG before The Killers or that wannabe was even away from his old washed up boyband... American Idiot is a punk opera.. As stated by Green Day themselves.. So yea, they are punk...

Blaze

Shine On~
    Years
  • Night-Kun said:

I'm in the USA... -_-;; I'm not going to argue with someone who thinks Green Day's PUNK music make babies cry.. Green Day was around LONG before The Killers or that wannabe was even away from his old washed up boyband... American Idiot is a punk opera.. As stated by Green Day themselves.. So yea, they are punk...

I classify "punk" into two different categories

Real Punk - A band that sings about their hard life and just deep stuff.

Pop Punk - A band that pretends they are punk only because it is popular, but secretly is is all pop melodies with a guitar

Green Day wasn't always bad... But I think after this record, this clearly displays the fact that they need to go retire and do something else with their lives.

And they might have been before The Killers, but thats the cycle of life. The new replaces the old.

Years
  • I said no bashing!

Green Day is one of the better bands but so slightly sold out for me now. They're not in the level of Good Charlotte or Simple Plan because those kinds of bands are in the level of mud. Green Day can be higher than that.

Overrated it fine but "poser" is not. AND FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GREEN DAY IS NOT EMO!!!! I repeat, NOT EMO!

*CLOSED*

oh and by the way, the emo subculture is questionable. In fact, it may never even really exist but it's just a shallow image of the failed misunderstandings of the ignorant and attention seeking members of Generation Y.

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back