• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

AMGAD UBARZ!!!11!!oneone!!

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Hi!
    I designed an uber team to compete in shoddy's ladder. Hope it is acceptable.

Rayquaza @ Choice Scarf
    Ability: Air Lock
    EVs: 52 Atk/252 Spd/204 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Draco Meteor
    - Thunder
    - Brick Break
    - Extremespeed

Utility lead. Draco Meteor rips apart Groudon leads or Giratina switch-ins. Thunder takes advantage of Kyogre leads being ALWAYS slower, and it rips apart Kyogre and Skarmory. Brick Break puts Blissey fainting into suicide. Extremespeed revenge-kills DeoxysA (salac / scarf) but in a omg-so-quick scarf set, i think it isn't needed. Maybe I should run Overheat.

---
    Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
    Ability: Natural Cure
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Def/252 SDef
    Calm nature (+SDef, -Atk)
    - Calm Mind
    - Icy Wind
    - Thunder
    - Softboiled

Special wall. This thing absorbs special hits like it's her job. Mock BoltBeam has some advantages : slow down sweepers and advantage of the rain, plus some great coverage. Calm Mind boosts even more this beast. Softboiled is obvious. I'm thinking that Sing / Toxic / TWave >> Calm Mind would fit well. Opinions?
    ---
    Dugtrio (M) @ Choice Band
    Ability: Arena Trap
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
    Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
    - Earthquake
    - Sucker Punch
    - Stone Edge
    - Aerial Ace

Haha, my favourite pokemon and a beastly part of the team. Deoxys-A, Mewtwo and Latis, think you can laugh and destroy Duggy ? Think again. SUCKA PUNCH IN DA FACE!! OHKO's DeoxysA and 2HKO's 42hp/min Mewtwo and 128hp/min Lati twins. Earthquake takes advantage of slower foes like Metagross and Blissey. Stone Edge rips Ho-oh down and is your best hope of taking down Lugia. Aerial Ace is a filler and covers Heracross, Breloom and Fighting Arceus. Clears Blissey out of the way for some special sweeping action.
    ---
    Darkrai @ Life Orb
    Ability: Bad Dreams
    EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
    - Dark Void
    - Dark Pulse
    - Focus Blast
    - Ice Beam

The filler pokemon. I am finding him very useful to attract Blissey. That's where Duggy switches and kills. Then, Darkrai comes back into action. Dark Void walls like Giratina, Latias and Lugia to get some more time. Sweep when seeing other slower sweepers. Dark Pulse is a strong STAB in this Psychic-full metagame. OHKO's Latios and maybe Latias. Slower Mewtwos are crippled too. Focus Blast is the best i can do against Metagross and Dark-resistants. Ice Beam covers Dragons and some nasty Bugs like Ninjask or even the rare Yanmega.
    ---
    Giratina @ Leftovers
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 252 HP/244 Def/12 SDef
    Impish nature (+Def, -SAtk)
    - Dragon Claw
    - Will-o-wisp
    - Rest
    - Sleep Talk

The physical wall and status absorbeer. I don't like her for some reason. Dragon Claw takes some advantage of the Uber metagame being weaker on Physical Defense. Will-o-Wisp totally burns physical attackers'hopes and gives some time to Blissey to switch-in and CM taking little from the physical side. Resat and Sleep Talk turn this thing into some Great Wall of China.
    ---
    Deoxys-f @ Petaya Berry
    Ability: Pressure
    EVs: 4 atk/252 Spd/252 SAtk
    Naive nature (+Spd, -SDef)
    - Thunder
    - Ice Beam
    - Substitute
    - Superpower

The star of the team! With max spd, you're faster than almost anything. Substitute until Petaya actives and gives Deoxys-A 688 SP.ATK ! BoltBeam has excellent coverage and sweeps almost anything that isn't prepared. Superpower is for remaining Blisseys, Magnezone, Weavile and Tyranitar. This thing 2HKO's anything late-game, nearly OHKO'ing. If they have ~70% health, OHKO's will be flying anywhere.

ABYAY

Advancing the Yarzan species
    Years
    With Rayquaza, Thunder isn't preferred due to one thing; Air Lock. I don't need to say much more.

Darkrai COULD run Focus Punch over Focus Blast.

Damage: 458 - 539
    Damage: 70.35% - 82.80% Timid Life Orb Darkrai Focus Punch vs. Standard Uber Blissey. Put it to sleep and then own it. Giratina won't come in to absorb it thanks to something called Dark Pulse, which will tear it pretty nicely.

I'm not one particular of the uber metagame, but I'd suggest something to give Thunder better chances to use, such as using a Kyogre yourself.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    Kyogre is slower than Rayquaza, so Drizzle will activate.

That Focus Punch thing on Darkrai, i think i'll have to say no. Darkrai lures Blissey into Dugtrio, and then Blissey has no chance. No need to Punch.

El Gofre

I'm Back.
    Years
    • Age 92
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    But Air lok isnt a weather effect, its just something that happens. It cancels out weather while it is in play, not any that was already in effect.

ABYAY

Years
    alright; it was just a suggestion.

Again, just be wary of the fact of Thunder on Rayquaza. Since Air Lock negates rain, then it could be troublesome. No matter the case, Air Lock can't be negated/slipped past in terms of using weather effects. Also, why Extremespeed on ScarfQuaza? Revenging Deoxys-A? If so, then forget I asked that.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    So, should I run Thunderbolt?

ABYAY, supposed to, but i forgot he has Scarf. Testing Overheat atm

ABYAY

Years
    Well, considering that you'll be facing more Scarf'd Kyogres than bulky Kyogres, Thunderbolt is a safer option. However...Never leave in Rayquaza vs. that thing. You can't score above 75% with Thunder, and T-bolt is 49.7-58.2%. T-bolt, however, is the safer option for it CAN OHKO if you're feeling lucky.

Still consider E-Speed. Just in case Deoxys-A wants to run out of its mind and run that Scarf to make sure it's the fastest dang thing around, you can laugh with this, and Duggy also laughs with Sucker Punch.

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    First of all, Dialga walls this team. You are in trouble if a Mixalga or a Bulk Up/RestTalk Dialga shows its face. D-F is walled by Dialga as it is neutral to IB.

ScarfOgre will rip Rayquaza apart, considering that it is the most common and one of the best leads in the Uber metagame. Latias is also commonly run as an anti-lead, downing Rayquaza without taking any significant hits.

While Dugtrio may seem an attractive option to remove Blissey, it won't do much. Almost any priority move can OHKO D-F, and a 2HKO on Mewtwo w/ Sucker Punch is not good due to Mewtwo completely raping you after the first Sucker Punch.

DD Rayquaza rips this team apart, OHKOing and outspeeding everything bar a speed tie with Rayquaza, and Outrage rips apart Giratina. It has a speed tie with CS Rayquaza.

You also have no reliable switch into CBtar, Giratina being heavily damaged by Crunch.

What I would suggest is another lead, and changing Rayquaza to the DD version. ScarfRayquaza doesn't pose a huge threat in Ubers, without Outrage.

Mixalga makes a good lead, as well as Latias.

You also have to have a Steel-type for walling Rayquaza. The most deadly physical sweeper with DD and STAB outrage.

I also advise you to have a counter to Bulk Up/CM RestTalk Dialga and Kyogre. Both of these pose a huge threat in Ubers walling almost everything and attacking with boosted attacks.

Blissey arguably won't survive even a WoWed physical sweeper. Giratina may want to run Bold/Dragon Pulse over Impish/Dragon Claw due to Groudon.

I advise you to ditch Dugtrio as it can't down anything sans Choiced Thunder, which is rare. A defensive steel type such as Forretress or Skarmory can serve as backup to down Rayquaza and friends, while a Metagross may be preferable to catch Rayquazas locked in Outrage.

Darkrai may not be a good choice in Ubers due to the commonness of RestTalkers, including the two particularly deadly ones that I mentioned earlier. Darkrai wants Focus Punch or else it would be completely walled by Blissey. I don't think Darkrai is a good choice as even with 135 SpA and STAB Dark Pulse, it still can get walled and KOed easily due to its frail defenses, and it isn't on steroids like Rayquaza or Deoxys-F.

So yeah, too little defence. Add a bit of walls and maybe add a phazer for the aforementioned BU/CM Dialga/Kyogre.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I agree, you either need a steel, or this Arceus for taking out Rayquaza.

Arceus@Fist Plate
    252 HP / 72 Def / 96 Sp.A / 32 Sp.D / 56 Speed
    Modest Nature
    - Judgment
    - ice beam
    - Toxic
    - Recover

Also helps with Dialga. The ev spread here lets you survive a max attack, DD, Life orb'd Outrage from Adamant Rayquaza.

Dani_X

Haylew! So kawaii x3
    Years
    • Seen Jun 8, 2008
    I would love to use Fighting Arceus, but Shoddy's stupid Uber Ladder bans Arceus. MixAlga sounds like a good member to this team. Can i run it as a lead?

Aquilae

=))))))))88888888OOOOOOOO<
    Years
    MixAlga should be run as a lead, to counter the common leads Kyogre and Latias. I feel Expert Belt should be put on MixAlga, as it reduces recoil damage and allows you to run MixAlga as a 'bulky' uber.

And, adding on to something I did not notice before, you have no weather changer, and Thunder is on your Blissey and Deoxys-F. What I am concerned about is that you have no Rain to exploit, meaning Sandstorm or Sun teams could easily shrug off your attempts to sweep with Deoxys-F. In addition, the lack of weather changers also allow other teams to exploit the weather to its full potential. I highly recommend either Groudon, Kyogre or Tyranitar, Kyogre could be preferable. If Groudon or Tyranitar is used, Deoxys-F should be ditched as it can't function well without Thunder if it is using this particular set.

Back