• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Ampharos

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen May 9, 2010
    I'm working my way to get him, but I was wondering if he is a good addition to my team. I looked into him and it said that he was really sloooow, but good attck stats.
    Suggested moveset:
    Thunderbolt, Fire punch, Thunder wave, Dynamic Punch

One of those moves he learns himself and my Flaaffy already learned it, but thunderbolt and dynamic punch are later in the game. & I don't think teaching my Flaaffy fire punch atm will do me any good. What moves should my flaaffy keep until I can gain the suggested moveset?

thanks
    --Hyashi

Zenith98s

I'm new, but not so...
    Years
    I think Fire Punch is not good for Ampharos.
    Thunder Punch might do, and Thunder too...

I'm not good at these....
    This might help??

ChrisTom

With all regards,
    Years
    Well, firstly I must say that you are not giving Ampharos enough credit here. Yes, the Speed is not the best but it is at medium, not slow.

Also my suggested moveset would be ThunderPunch, Thunderbolt, Stregnth, and Zap Cannon. Yes you wouldn't be able to obtain the TM until later in the game, but you could improvise. Ampharos already learns several interesting moves.

You know, I just realized the other day why they call him Ampharos, and why he looks Egyptian/Greek a little bit:

Ampharos=Amp+Pharos:

Amp=Electric Measurement

Pharos=Pharos Lighthouse, one of the Seven Wonders of the World in the Medditeranean

Kozoi

Mmmmm.
    Years
    I'm working my way to get him, but I was wondering if he is a good addition to my team. I looked into him and it said that he was really sloooow, but good attck stats.
    Suggested moveset:
    Thunderbolt, Fire punch, Thunder wave, Dynamic Punch

One of those moves he learns himself and my Flaaffy already learned it, but thunderbolt and dynamic punch are later in the game. & I don't think teaching my Flaaffy fire punch atm will do me any good. What moves should my flaaffy keep until I can gain the suggested moveset?

thanks
    --Hyashi

Teaching your Flaaffy Thunder Punch until you get Thunderbolt is an excellent idea. Remember that all electrical moves in second generation are special, so Thunderbolt is superior in every way. Fire Punch is a geniunely good idea, trust me. It deals with flying types which are really common and it also deals with ice types for when you reach Pryce - not to mention it deals with grass, that resist electrical moves. Finally, Thunder Wave can allow you to outspeed some stuff and also make capturing legendaries easier and Dynamic Punch would be best replaced with something more accurate if possible.

Good luck.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    I would recommend Strength over Dynamic Punch. You'll need to use the HM move during the game and it's actually a decent attack.

The rest of the moveset looks good. And yeah, don't sell Ampharos short. It was VERY helpful for me back when I played Silver.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back