• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An Action Battle System in the games?

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    I'm not sure if this is too similar to the concept of a "Real-Time" battle system (if it is feel free to merge), but I'd love to see a new action battle system in the games, a la Secret of Mana, Seiken Densetsu 3 or Tales of Phantasia.

Each Pokemon would move and fight differently according to its speed, strength, defense etc. You could run away from battles easier as well and you would see all the sprites instead of random encounters.

I'd love it.

BeatTheSpecialStage

is gay for Ritchie
    Years
    • Seen Aug 16, 2009
    I always thought about this, and though it would be awesome, I don't see how it could really work, even from a linear camera angle like the Star Ocean series, ect. It would look to akward, especially with all the different Pokemon's sizes.

Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2010
    Well, the closest thing is the Mystery Dungeon series and those games did a pretty good job with the sprite proportions (even though all the sprites were pretty small anyway).

Perhaps it would still incorporate the strategic turn-based style.

Back