• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An actual Pokecommunity app

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I did not know where to put it.

Introduction

A while ago, I asked if creating a Pokecommunity application for the iPhone/iPod Touch was possible, the answer at first was no, because of money constraints, then we thought of uploading it to cydia...

Description

An iPhone/iPod Touch Application made to view Pokecommunity in a much easier and faster way.

Screenshots

Downloads

None as of yet, the app is still not complete.

Extra Info.

This application will probably be available only through Cydia, for those who don't know what Cydia is is click here

Needed

Beta testers
    New Icon

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Maybe I'm just being a party-pooper, but I find this to be rather unnessicary. First of all, some users who own an iPod touch or an iPhone don't want to jailbreak it, such as myself, for reasons of their own. So offering it to Cydia would only allow limited access to it. Above all, however, it seems like it would go about the same way as running it through Safari. I really don't find much of a difference between the two, actually, considering you're going to be feeding through the same thing; the Wifi or 3G that you're connected with. I mean, for me it's as simple as:

Unlocking my iPhone
    Launching Safari and typing in the URL
    It loading
    Tapping the cross in the middle
    Adding to home screen
    Typing the name
    TUH DAHH!

An official PC app? I just... don't see the point in it.

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    Thanks to my Uncle, I can submit apps to the App Store with no fee on my part. If you need help developing the App, I'm volunteering my hand. Also, it wouldn't be so hard for me to help you publish it legally on the App Store, so do try to think about that.

If you're thinking about a Facebook type app, then I can probably help you out with the graphics.

Responding to Aladdin, I have to add that Pokecommunity doesn't have that many people who are active users, let alone how many of them actually have iTouches and iPhones.

Years
    • Seen May 9, 2024
    Responding to Aladdin, I have to add that Pokecommunity doesn't have that many people who are active users, let alone how many of them actually have iTouches and iPhones.
    I... think you missed the point of my reply. I never said it had to have a majority of users actually use the app if it were to happen. I was stating that if you were going to put it out there, you shouldn't limit it to jailbroken devices but rather legit devices; that way legit and jailbroken iPhones and iPods were able to access it. I understand why he was intending it for jailbroken devices considering the profits, but that seems to be something that just... happens when it comes to developing something. Regardless of what it's for.

My point was that PokéCommunity doesn't seem to need an app on it's own, but rather a mobile skin, if anything. Which we did have at some point, but has since been removed *from public*... which seems to be something that many other users would probably do anyway when they're on the go and wanting to visit PC from whatever device they're on.

I'm all for ease of use and apps.. I just don't think that a forum needs one.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    @aladdin
    I understand what you mean, but the point of this app is to allow pokecommunity to be accessed faster. The main reason safari is so slow is because it sucks up 60 mega bytes of ram and the iPhone/iPod touch only have 65 mega bytes. I mean already in beta stage this app is twice as fast as the normal meathod

@virtual chatot
    of you can upload it to the app store that would reslove that problem, and yes it is going to be like facebook

Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Nov 9, 2021
    @aladdin
    I understand what you mean, but the point of this app is to allow pokecommunity to be accessed faster. The main reason safari is so slow is because it sucks up 60 mega bytes of ram and the iPhone/iPod touch only have 65 mega bytes. I mean already in beta stage this app is twice as fast as the normal meathod

@virtual chatot
    of you can upload it to the app store that would reslove that problem, and yes it is going to be like facebook
    If you send me the source code when you're almost done with it/done with it I can check to see how large of an application it is. If it comes across a certain point of size Apple will demand that we pay a certain amount to put it on the App Store for bandwidth reasons. If it's small and lightweight enough we can sell it as free without any problems. (ads wouldn't be that bad of an idea)

NatureKeeper

Sorry if this doesn't belong here, but I did not know where to put it.

Introduction

A while ago, I asked if creating a Pokecommunity application for the iPhone/iPod Touch was possible, the answer at first was no, because of money constraints, then we thought of uploading it to cydia...

Description

An iPhone/iPod Touch Application made to view Pokecommunity in a much easier and faster way.

Screenshots

Downloads

None as of yet, the app is still not complete.

Extra Info.

This application will probably be available only through Cydia, for those who don't know what Cydia is is click here

Needed

Beta testers
    New Icon

I would've used it if I have an iPhone. It seems great.

jasonresno

[fight through it]
    Years
    I've got an iPod Touch, I'd use the app.

But what I'd use even more is a real nice looking mobile skin. I always have free time at work and I'd love to really utilize my blackberry.

Matteron (96)

Can't Read Lookin Ass
    Years
    • Seen Feb 13, 2024
    Thanks for all the support guys.

@virtual chatot
    sure thing i'll pm you the source code, so far it's only about 3 meg's

@anybody
    I currently need a new icon, if anybody is willing to make one please pm/vm me, also I don't, but could use a loading screen too pm/vm me if you are intrested in doing anything with that.

Peeky Chew

Master of Palettes
    Years
    Sorry for kind of bumping.
    I just think this would be quite pointless. If you don't have it set to a widescreen style, you can fully zoom out in landscape mode on the iPhone and easily read it. On 3g it barely takes any time to load and on wi-fi only about twice as long as the computer. What sort of proves my point is that all of this was written on my iPhone on 3g.

Back