• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An All Pokemon Region Game?

Years
  • Not sure if this has been discussed before, but if it has, my apology.

I've always had a thought since with all these Pokemon Games that're out, when are they going to end the series with a big bang by combining all the Regions into one game? (Kanto, Johto, Honen, Sinnoh, and Unova...sorry if I mis-spelled one.) I liked the idea when G/S/C came out and the fact you can travel to Kanto Region and battle for 8 more badges, but I'm wondering when there is going to be a game thats you have to all 40 badges? Also wonder what system they would put it on (I mean its great that they're all handheld, but imagine if it was on a console. Doing all your EV training, trading Pokemon, etc all at home)

Just food for thought, what do you guys think?

- MegamanC

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    This has been discussed before, and before, and before, and before lol

I'll just give you the main argument:

Point: It's cool but there's not enough room.

Counter-point: The r4 DS cartridge can hold up to 2 gbs of memory. Most DS games are no larger than 600 mb. You could easily insert 2 or 3 regions. But not all.

/thread

Years
  • Counter-point: The r4 DS cartridge can hold up to 2 gbs of memory. Most DS games are no larger than 600 mb. You could easily insert 2 or 3 regions. But not all.

/thread

With the new System out (Nintendo 3DS) Would you think it would be capable of producing? Or how about when the Wii-U comes out? I mean I'm sure there are alternate possibilities. You can do like a history timeline type of thing? (Gameplay starts off with a HD 8Bit [R/B/Y] to update HD colors 8bit [G/S/C] into the HD 32Bit [R/S/E] ETC.)

Technology is always changing, but I'm sure the Possibility is there.

- MegamanC

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Not sure if this has been discussed before, but if it has, my apology.

I've always had a thought since with all these Pokemon Games that're out, when are they going to end the series with a big bang by combining all the Regions into one game?
    Few things to consider. Firstly, in regards to when; the series will 'end' when the games stop selling well. After all Game Freak (and Nintendo) are businesses, so if it keeps selling, they'll keep making. And given how sales have gone, it won't end for a good while yet. That's also assuming that they a) want to end with a bang rather than a whimper, and b) would be able to do so. Which depends on a heck of a lot of things.
    With the new System out (Nintendo 3DS) Would you think it would be capable of producing? Or how about when the Wii-U comes out?
    Would be handheld; Game Freak have stuck to the handhelds, have no reason to jump to consoles they have no experience with, and furthermore have repeatedly stated in interviews they have no plans in developing for home consoles. That's left to other companies (e.g. Colosseum/XD:GoD/PBR was done by Genius Sonority), and other companies won't be reusing the same regions as Game Freak's games.

Technology is always changing, but I'm sure the Possibility is there.

- MegamanC
    That's true, but still unlikely imo. Note also as time goes on even more regions and Pokemon will be made meaning more data needs to be stored.

Then there's other issues, like how to fit in multiple regions in one adventure (Pokemon will eventually hit level 100. Changing game mechanics to fix this requires more work). Then there's the reality that frankly starting anew every time you go to another region (the other way to make it work) will get plain boring for most people. In short, I don't think it'll happen - it's be more trouble than it's worth, and at any rate the franchise is not in a position that warrants such a thing anyway; it's doing very well as-is.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
  • It's only been discussed a few hundred times, that's all.

And like before, the 100 level cap makes it very difficult to scale levels... and don't even get me started on the idea of forcing you to start each region with all new Pokemon. We don't need any more bad ideas from the anime, and making me give up Pokemon I invested so much time in raising is not going to sit well with me at all.

Years
  • As I'm pretty sure, it was just a idea. Nothing more, nothing less. Unless they could take the idea that Megaman Legends 3 idea had and have the Community input their ideas in creating such game but implementing your thoughts and opinions into it. Like I said I was just wondering how a game like that would exist.

- MegamanC

bobandbill

one more time
    Years
  • Probably... not very well. If you take nearly any idea for a game a fandom will mostly have people who like it and people who hate it, so it could come down to who is the most vocal... and not necessarily to if it is a good idea objectively. Game Freak haven't done much of that in the past (certainly evident in their chopping and changing of features too, including of things I would have thought the majority of people liked *shrug*).

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • I've always thought when Pokemon Ruby and Sapphire came out, I though there would be 24 badges but I got that wrong. Anyways, this topic has been discussed a lot and all I can see that will be a problem if they were to do that is leveling and if the game will just have "collecting badges" rather than other side quest like battle frontiers or some sort of Pokemon contest.

:t354:TG

Years
    • Seen Jan 11, 2012
    Not sure if this has been discussed before, but if it has, my apology.

I've always had a thought since with all these Pokemon Games that're out, when are they going to end the series with a big bang by combining all the Regions into one game? (Kanto, Johto, Honen, Sinnoh, and Unova...sorry if I mis-spelled one.) I liked the idea when G/S/C came out and the fact you can travel to Kanto Region and battle for 8 more badges, but I'm wondering when there is going to be a game thats you have to all 40 badges? Also wonder what system they would put it on (I mean its great that they're all handheld, but imagine if it was on a console. Doing all your EV training, trading Pokemon, etc all at home)

Just food for thought, what do you guys think?

- MegamanC

I think that if they do this, then it should be a remake of Pokemon Yellow. That way it will be based on the Anime, with Ash going through every region.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • It would take way to long and as magical as it may sound it's very highly unlikely. I'd rather have R/S remakes focusing on one region rather than multiple.

Years
  • I've seen this topic being discussed way too much.

It's a nice fantasy, but it wont happen. Too much work involved into creating something like that.

XEL

Lorem Ipsum
    Years
    • Seen Nov 20, 2022
    In relation to the level cap, this idea might've worked when it was just Kanto, Johto, Hoenn, and Sinnoh. Of course, there wouldn't really be an evil team as that would make you level grind. It'd have to be a straight play through, you're a trainer, and your mission to beat the four regions. Otherwise, your Pokemon would either hit level 100 way too early, or the game would be come too easy.

xelarator

Gentlemen.
    Years
  • Wierd, i was just thinking about something like this when i came here.

Why couldn't there be a level cap increase in the pokemon game[ if one should exist]? Or there could be the instance where you couldn't bring any pokemon from the previous region, like the show, but only if you cant pay for it.....

Back