• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Showcase] An artsy thread

Years

• BULBASAUR OF COURSE

So, I am new here, hello c:
    And in my hello-topic I wrote that I like to draw and that I draw for my study (Game Art). After that I was told there is an art section on this site and I was asked if I wanted to post something. I wasn't sure, because I don't have a lot of Pokémon related art, but I was told that doesn't really matter.

So, yah, here are some drawings I made for either a schoolproject, a random project or for fun. ^^

DIGITAL

PERSONAL WORK

Spoiler:

SCHOOLWORK

Spoiler:

ANIMATIONS

Spoiler:

TRADITIONAL

PERSONAL WORK

Spoiler:

SCHOOLWORK

Spoiler:

There is a lot more to show, but I thought to just start with these. I am not that happy with some of the drawings, but I still wanted to show. c:

I hope you all like my stuff so far!

Last edited:
    Years
  • Thank you!
    About the faun, it's not finished yet, I think that's why it is looking a bit odd ^^

And, yes, I'd really like a sexy css! : D

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hey! Welcome to PC! And more specifically A&D because obviously this is where all the cool kids are hanging out, amirite? ;)

First of all, all of those pieces are ADORABLE. I love the expressions and the feelings you evoke with your Pokemon art. That Venusaur has the most expressive face and it looks so genuinely grumpy I just can't fathom how cute it is. The tigers too, those are just precious. You've got a good sense on how to make dynamic expressions. The eyes are placed perfectly and really have that three dimensional feel to them. Very believable!

Your ink work is very strong too. Clean, dark where it needs to be, mindful crosshatching. It's clear you have a solid background with pens. Would you consider your preferred medium to be digital or traditional?

Either way, this is killer stuff right here and honestly amazing work. I sincerely hope you decide to keep this gallery active because it's phenomenal. :)

Years
  • Hey! Welcome to PC! And more specifically A&D because obviously this is where all the cool kids are hanging out, amirite? ;)

First of all, all of those pieces are ADORABLE. I love the expressions and the feelings you evoke with your Pokemon art. That Venusaur has the most expressive face and it looks so genuinely grumpy I just can't fathom how cute it is. The tigers too, those are just precious. You've got a good sense on how to make dynamic expressions. The eyes are placed perfectly and really have that three dimensional feel to them. Very believable!

Your ink work is very strong too. Clean, dark where it needs to be, mindful crosshatching. It's clear you have a solid background with pens. Would you consider your preferred medium to be digital or traditional?

Either way, this is killer stuff right here and honestly amazing work. I sincerely hope you decide to keep this gallery active because it's phenomenal. :)

Ooh, this was really lovely to read! Thank you! :D

Years
  • Wow :O Your art is amazing! <3 The grumpy Venusaur is my favourite, as well as your ink game! Are tigers your favourite animal?
    Ahh, thank you! : D

An no, not really my favourite animal, because I don't really have a favourite animal (I like lots of animals), but I do really like 'm!
    Those tiger sketches are more for fun, to draw emotions on an animal instead always drawing emotions on humans. ^^

killer-curry

Oro.........?
    Years
  • I am amused by your art, would take your arts as my motivation to do better arts

*grabs the fist to the air

myystogan

[cimg=width:30px;"]https://i.imgur.com/gbudGz1.png
    Years
  • Wonderful work, ThirzArt! You're very skilled. I love your coloring, and I'm a fan of the Link/Splatoon piece in particular; I love the brush style you used there :-D

Not to say your other work is inferior, though. Everything looks great! The expressions on Venusaur and Blastoise are hilarious, and I love the overall look of the sketchdump.
    Keep up the amazing work! :-]

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    I love your style of drawings! It's very eye-catching and distinct, and the facial expressions are adorable. Are you studying to be a video game artist only, or are you also familiar with programming? Either way, I would love to see your kind of artwork in a game, keep up the good work!

Years
  • I love your style of drawings! It's very eye-catching and distinct, and the facial expressions are adorable. Are you studying to be a video game artist only, or are you also familiar with programming? Either way, I would love to see your kind of artwork in a game, keep up the good work!
    Thank you!

I did have some programming lessons at school, but I am not really that familiar at it yet. I know some HTML and CSS a tiny bit of C# also. But you don't have to ask me to write a single line of code without looking it up, hahaha. It takes a lot of practice, which I do sometimes. But I do study to be an artist.

I have an example if you like: "Grow"
    Grow is an applied game concept (it's still a concept) for children with parents suffering from mental illnesses. We made the game in three days with only 5 people, so that's why it's not looking finished. But I mostly made the art, together with one other artist and that was a sh*t ton of work hahaha.
    Anyway, we focused on mostly parents with depression. The parents are depressed and we did some research and it seems quite a lot of kids feel guilty. So the sidekick, which resembles the parent, suffers from moodswings. The frogmonster will randomly get sad or mad or tired and the kid can put it away. Drag the monster to a sad, mad or tired stone and it will return happy so it can help the kid grow the trees. Putting the monster away resembles to put your parents emotions away from you, like shear it off (don't know if this is the right word though). With this game we wanted to tell kids that the mental illness is not the kids fault.

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Yo the Blastoise and Venusaur is great! love your style, you should make more of those and post them. Maybe with Infernape?? He's my favorite!

Years
  • Yo the Blastoise and Venusaur is great! love your style, you should make more of those and post them. Maybe with Infernape?? He's my favorite!
    Yeah, started this project a long time ago, I wanted to draw all Pokémon inlcuding their mega evolutions. I already have number one to nine. But I drifted kind of off... Heheh.
    But Infernape is indeed a really cool Pokémon, he's one of my favourites too!

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Thank you!

I did have some programming lessons at school, but I am not really that familiar at it yet. I know some HTML and CSS a tiny bit of C# also. But you don't have to ask me to write a single line of code without looking it up, hahaha. It takes a lot of practice, which I do sometimes. But I do study to be an artist.

I have an example if you like: "Grow"
    Grow is an applied game concept (it's still a concept) for children with parents suffering from mental illnesses. We made the game in three days with only 5 people, so that's why it's not looking finished. But I mostly made the art, together with one other artist and that was a sh*t ton of work hahaha.
    Anyway, we focused on mostly parents with depression. The parents are depressed and we did some research and it seems quite a lot of kids feel guilty. So the sidekick, which resembles the parent, suffers from moodswings. The frogmonster will randomly get sad or mad or tired and the kid can put it away. Drag the monster to a sad, mad or tired stone and it will return happy so it can help the kid grow the trees. Putting the monster away resembles to put your parents emotions away from you, like shear it off (don't know if this is the right word though). With this game we wanted to tell kids that the mental illness is not the kids fault.

That's a really interesting concept, to say the least - even though it's in its rough stages, it still has a very positive and thoughtful message behind it (and of course the art is adorable)!

Years
    • PA
    • Seen Sep 5, 2016
    Haha I know the feeling :P Do you take commissions? I'd love to have a poster in your style for my wall.

Yeah, started this project a long time ago, I wanted to draw all Pokémon inlcuding their mega evolutions. I already have number one to nine. But I drifted kind of off... Heheh.
    But Infernape is indeed a really cool Pokémon, he's one of my favourites too!

Back