• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen An Eggcelent Event

marcc5m

what
    Years
    It has also been announced that, in Japan, there will be a special promotion over four weeks featuring various downloads of Pokémon Eggs as a tie in to it being the year of the Dragon. This download is done in the Japanese Pokémon Centres and gives an egg of one of six various Pokémon; Horsea, Trapinch, Swablu, Bagon Druddigon and Deino. It is unknown if these Pokémon will have Hidden Abilities or special moves but we do know that they're Shiny. The distribution periods are; January 5th to 15th, January 16th to 22nd, January 23rd to January 29th and January 30th to February 5th, allowing you four chances to get the different Pokémon

Source

Hopefully this'll come out internationally eventually. Shiny Flygon would be a dream come true.

Totaldile

appeared! Totaldile used RAWR!
    Years
    owo

Too bad i'm a kiwi.
    I wish they were announcing a release date for New Zealand.
    But this is certainly a cool event and I think it's a nice touch aswell <3.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
    Most likely Japan will be the only ones to receive these shiny dragons. I would love a shiny Druddigon but honestly my hopes are very low.

Oh and nice title there Fireworks ;)

Last edited:

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 1, 2023
    I doubt this'll be in English, since shiny Golurk/Hydreigon weren't given out to English speakers, and Entei/Raikou/Suicune were only given out because they were necessary for Zoroark at the time, imo. So yeah, unlike other events, I think we're not going to be seeing shinies. :x

echolocated

rated R for robocop
    Years
    This is the reason why I want to go to Japan.
    The only thing that would deter me from this is a passport cost, radiation effects, language, and what Pokemon to choose :(

What's a kiwi? Ain't it a fruit?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    This is the reason why I want to go to Japan.
    The only thing that would deter me from this is a passport cost, radiation effects, language, and what Pokemon to choose :(

What's a kiwi? Ain't it a fruit?

...a "kiwi" is a fruit, but it's also a nickname (couldn't think of a better way to describe it) for people who come from New Zealand.

I too doubt that these will be released outside of Japan, but one can hope! I would LOOOVE a shiny Trapinch or Horsea!

Years
    Flygon or Hydreigon would be fantastic.

This is my post for the 16th December, Kaori. With this post, one month has passed since you shackled me to the Black and White forums. Chained no longer. Free at last. I have no further obligation to post here any more. o/

Pingouin_7

Me gusta.
    An Eggcelent Event

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
    They would all look awesome as a shiny! Shiny Altarias are fricken awesome though cuz they look like gold birds! GAH, I hope that they bring the Dragon eggs to America! Dragon types are one of my favorite types!
    I highly doubt they will bring em over here though. Mostly all the good events are started in Japan and stay in Japan. Plus, since this is to celebrate year of the dragon, that pretty much brings it down to a .00001% chance anyone else besides Japan will get it. :P

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
    I'd pass on the shiny Druddigon. It looks terrible, IMO.

But then again, shiny Trapinch, Bagon or Deino does sound like a pretty sweet deal; it would be great if they had their DW abilities or special moves.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    :( I imagine this won't show up outside of Japan since it isn't even a Wifi event. That's very disappointing... I actually really like a few of these shinies!

Legendary Silke

[I][B]You like dragons?[/B][/I]
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2021
    Hmm... Seems like they are handing out shiny Pokémon like candy, in many forms. If this does get out of Japan, well, free shinies for everyone that can attend the event! Even better if Wi-Fi! XD I really, really want a shiny something.

Years
    • Seen Jan 9, 2012
    Shame I don't live on Japan
    But even if I did, or if did come to my country, I wouldn't be able to get it,because if there are some PokeCenters here, they aren't near my home.

Back