• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An experiment in theming teaming: Stormhammer

Shiney

Sometimes, we come back!
Years
  • I barely frequesnt any forum out of the RP forums now, but I still theorize on teams a lot. Making the "best" teams and "standards" has really bored me ever since I started team building, so here's a team based on water, electric, and physical tanks/sweepers.

Typical notes, unless it's netbattle, getting perfect EV's for hidden power is a nono, and I've forgotten how to get the rare berries. >_>

Blastoise@???/leftovers/lum
    -Surf
    -Yawn
    -Focus punch
    -???

I suppose I could use ice beam to make him more of a sweeper, or possibly rest or mirror coat/counter to make him more of a tank, or maybe even seismic toss...

Snorlax@lefties
    -Yawn
    -Focus punch
    -Rest
    -Return/EQ/double team/seismic toss

Like blastoise, mainly as an annoying tank, with a working combo for netbattle, but like him, there are just too many options for the last move slot. >_<

Lanturn@???
    -Surf
    -Ice beam/thunder
    -T-bolt/Rain dance
    -???

Either an all-around water/ice/elec sweeper, or a thunderdancer, and I still need a final move. >_<

Manetric@???
    -Crunch
    -T-bolt
    -Roar
    -???/Protect?

Sweeper-annoyer combo, but like all of my pokemon, I'm in need of a final move. -.-

Machamp@???
    -Brick break
    -EQ
    -Bulk up
    -???

Normally, I'd put another attacking move in the fourth slot, but I'm hoping for somehting more strategic. If used in conjunction with a yawner, bulk up on machamp is doooooom...

Arcanine@Scope lens?
    -Crunch
    -Flamethrower
    -Extremespeed
    -Aerial ace/take down/???

Okay, so my team isn't ALL about that, but wait! Haven't you heard of a firestorm? *cough* Actually, I just never want to make a team without arcanine until I get the perfect sweeper moveset for him. ^_^

Lion Heart

Banned
    Years
  • His theme is supposed to be Electric and Water pokemon combined with Sweepers...

Which would virtually make every single team in existence some kind of theme considering he has a 3 part theme...

There is no great set for Arcanine, I've tried to find something, but he got given a crap movepool, he should have been able to have Quake, so he could go the EQ/Fire Blast/Extremespeed/Crunch way or something.

No matter what you do with Arcy he has problems and is beaten by to many pokemon.

Consider Haze on Blastoise.

Rain Dancing with a Fire type on your team is stupid.

If you want strategy consider chucking Low Kick on Machamp, he can ruin Snorlax and Steelix this way... CANT DO JACK TO SKARMORY BECAUSE THE **** THING IS LIGHT EVEN THOUGH IT IS PRETTY CLEAR IT'S MADE OF STEEL.

Your Manectric thing has nothing to with Annoying people..

Roaring their pokemon away isn't that annoying, here's what happens:

Manectric used Roar.
    WHAT's Pokemon was blown away.
    DUGTRIO was blown in.
    Dugtrio used EQ Manectric dies.
    Dugtrio used EQ Arcanine dies.
    Dugtrio used EQ Lanturn dies.
    Dugtrio used EQ Machamp dies. Almost.

Hm.

MeLoVeGhOsTs

GaSConeer
    Years
  • Shineyelectrode said:
    I barely frequesnt any forum out of the RP forums now, but I still theorize on teams a lot. Making the "best" teams and "standards" has really bored me ever since I started team building, so here's a team based on water, electric, and physical tanks/sweepers.

Typical notes, unless it's netbattle, getting perfect EV's for hidden power is a nono, and I've forgotten how to get the rare berries. >_>

Blastoise@???/leftovers/lum
    -Surf
    -Yawn
    -Focus punch
    -??? Protect / Icebeam

I suppose I could use ice beam to make him more of a sweeper, or possibly rest or mirror coat/counter to make him more of a tank, or maybe even seismic toss...

Seeing that this is for ingame, you can really on the non switch factor of the game. Yawn then Protect(sleep) then hit. Surf for stab. Maybe Icebeam if you think you can take the hit.

Snorlax@lefties
    -Yawn
    -Focus punch
    -Rest
    -Return/EQ/double team/seismic toss

Like blastoise, mainly as an annoying tank, with a working combo for netbattle, but like him, there are just too many options for the last move slot. >_<

I would say not another Yawner. You already have 'Toise. Take Curselax. Curse_EQ/Shadowball_Return_Rest@Lefties

Lanturn@???
    -Surf
    -Ice beam/thunder
    -T-bolt/Rain dance
    -???

Either an all-around water/ice/elec sweeper, or a thunderdancer, and I still need a final move. >_<

Take Boltbeaming. T-Bolt_Icebeam_Rest_Toxic/Surf

Manetric@???
    -Crunch
    -T-bolt
    -Roar
    -???/Protect?

Sweeper-annoyer combo, but like all of my pokemon, I'm in need of a final move. -.-

T-Wave_T-Bolt_Crunch_Roar/Protect/Filer. Beware Toxic and T-Wave on 1 team don't make a good combination.

Machamp@???
    -Brick break Cross Chop
    -EQ
    -Bulk up
    -??? Shadowball | Return | Rock Slide | Rest

Normally, I'd put another attacking move in the fourth slot, but I'm hoping for somehting more strategic. If used in conjunction with a yawner, bulk up on machamp is doooooom...

I prefer CC.

Arcanine@Scope lens?
    -Crunch
    -Flamethrower
    -Extremespeed
    -Aerial ace/take down/??? HP: Grass/Water (if you can get it)

Okay, so my team isn't ALL about that, but wait! Haven't you heard of a firestorm? *cough* Actually, I just never want to make a team without arcanine until I get the perfect sweeper moveset for him. ^_^

I like Arcanine. He's pretty good. This set is fine aswell. Overheat_Howl_Extremespeed_HP:Rock

Back