• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An HD Home Console Pokemon Game

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Not sure if this thread exists, but...

How awesome would it be if there was a Pokemon game with Resident Evil 5 graphics on the Wii HD (~2011)? It'd be the ultimate Pokemon game - you could connect it freely using the Wii HD to the internet to trade with people all over the world, and maybe you could even transfer your data to a DS card and play in mini-version on DS that resembles HGSS graphics. You could then retransfer and combine the data again on the Wii HD so you can play the same save at home in HD stunning RE5 graphics or on-the-road with your DS with HGSS graphics.

I think that would be awesome; probably impossible to code, but the point is: a console Pokemon game where you can catch every Pokemon other than a select few (maybe two versions of the console game, kinda like Ruby&Sapphire, Red&Blue, etc.) would be the best thing ever to happen. It'd definitely be longer, harder, and have the same idea (8 badges; Elite Four; Team Rocket) and it'd take place in a new region with new maps, new adventures, new side-quests, new items - but no new Pokemon because it's getting stupid now (Bidoof? Are you kidding me?) Of the two versions, each would have ~100 unique Pokemon (meaning, exclusive to that version and requiring a trade to obtain), including evolutions, as to make it interesting. Instead, it'd be a unique adventure experience, and maybe along with eight badges, there's several other goals, like revenge or something, that leads off past the Elite Four (so the badges would be a "filler" idea). It'd be completely different, too: for example, let's say they're called "Pokemon Adventure Soleil" and "Pokemon Adventure Lune". Route One of Soleil would have (during the morning) Rattata, Pidgey, Ledyba, and Sentret. During the day, there would be Pidgey, Sentret, Spearow, and Caterpie. Night-time would have Rattata, Wurmple, and HootHoot. Lune version would have (during the morning) Rattata, Pidgey, Zigzagoon, and Poochyena. The day would be Pidgey, Spearow, Zigzagoon, and Weedle. Night-time would have Rattata, Wurmple, and HootHoot.

I'd buy that. Even if it was 150$CAD. Seriously.

Last edited:

Phaux

Legend Hunter
    Years
    Well, there are already two 3D pokemon games, Colosseum and XD, while the play style was a lot different from the handheld games (no gyms, no catching wild pokemon), not sure how another 3D game would do, though if it kept the same feel, the same amount from travel from area to area, gyms, puzzles, caves etc. it could be pretty good...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    Those one's didn't have the badge idea; I mean a classic, handheld Pokemon game field mixed with a storyline and plot that's more indepth. Perhaps the main character wants revenge and in order to get it, he/she needs to hunt down a guy, and in the process of following this guy, needs to do the gyms in order to progress (so the Elite Four and the gyms wouldn't be the main idea). Perhaps Team Rocket did something to personally affect the main character's family or town in some way that would demand vengeance of some sort, and as said, getting to the antagonist would require completing the gyms and the Elite Four, and there'd be a ton of storyline things inbetween gyms. The last guy would actually have ~90+ Pokemon rather than having to stop around ~60 after defeating the Elite Four (with the exception of HGSS/G/S/C where it's ~75 to defeat Red).

So Colosseum and XD don't necessarily meet what I mean by an HD console game :)

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    The Wii's Graphics are terrible, the gaming system is more for 10 year olds.

PokemonLeagueChamp

Traveling Hoenn once more.
    Years
    The Wii's Graphics are terrible, the gaming system is more for 10 year olds.
    Clearly you haven't used Wii much.

There is a Pokemon game(IDK if it's HD)on wii, Pokemon Battle Revolution. Problem is, the game is more or less like the Battle Frontier except it's the only location in the game, and all pokes are imported, with the exception of rental passes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    Heres my 2 cents, its not impossible to code, in fact you can code the general game same as the GBA games. The Idea is the same, but they need to make higher poly, or at least better texture 3d models. and a hardware that can support it, the memory AND the processing power. So the PS3 is the perfect candidate, but thats never going to happen... Unless nintendo steps up their game...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    The Wii HD would look similar to Xbox 360 if I recall correctly. I'm not saying the Wii that's available now (the Gamecube 1.5); I'm saying in two years when they do the actual Wii with the actual Legend of Zelda game for it.

Think of it as an Xbox 360 Pokemon; I won't say PS3 because their games take forever to come out and the graphics aren't as good. I'll assume that the Wii HD will be far enough along to compare with Xbox 360 since it'd be about four years after the other HD consoles came out that the Wii HD will make its appearance. A triple-core processor like the Xbox 360, a great graphics card inside, HDMI output... /drool; four years should be enough for a considerable improvement on the other two, but as both Sony and Microsoft have said, they've arrived at a standstill point where graphics would be difficult to improve since they're already stunning, so I'm assuming that Wii HD would just be an Xbox 360-like thing by the time it comes out.

As said, a Resident Evil 5 Pokemon would be great, as long as they do it well, and maybe there'd be an online feature where you can connect and if your friends are playing, you can see them on your screen running around the Pokemon World catching Pokemon and battling trainers? I dunno; I always wanted that lol but it seems too advanced for a handheld one. Not sure.'

P.S. Batmon, Twilight Princess and Mario Galaxy are on that list; Mario Galaxy is a beautiful game and Twilight Princess wasn't even supposed to be on the Wii (it was a last-minute thing) so it's technically a Gamecube game, and the most beautiful one that came out on the 'cube. The rest look like crap, I agree; that's why I specified the Wii HD.

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    I can argue about your statement, the PS3 has a better GPU and CPU, an 8 core CPU... Its just better hands down, no arguing about it. But I do agree the 360 gets more quality games because of Xbox Live. Thats the ONLY reason, let me explain. The XBL allows the publishers and developers to make more money after the initial purchase of the game. Since a percentage of the XBL money goes to the publishers, the money keeps on rolling in, while the PS3 has a cut off in profit because of less audience and the lack of the money coming in from online play. But going with pure power and capability with a biasness aside, PS3 wins HANDS DOWN. The reason why games that are multi platform seem to have better GFX on the 360 is that they focus on the 360 version first THEN port it PS3, which has a whole different archetecture. So there are road bumps in the porting process, its not very smooth...

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
    Years
    I can argue about your statement, the PS3 has a better GPU and CPU, an 8 core CPU... Its just better hands down, no arguing about it. But I do agree the 360 gets more quality games because of Xbox Live. Thats the ONLY reason, let me explain. The XBL allows the publishers and developers to make more money after the initial purchase of the game. Since a percentage of the XBL money goes to the publishers, the money keeps on rolling in, while the PS3 has a cut off in profit because of less audience and the lack of the money coming in from online play. But going with pure power and capability with a biasness aside, PS3 wins HANDS DOWN.

This isn't a battle about consoles :| They're equal in strength in any case, and the quality of the games are better, not just because Xbox Live doesn't lag to Hell, but because the graphics are better. Everyone knows that the PS3 failed horribly overall; PS2 was great, PS1 was great, but PS3 was a huge flop. Compare the sales (32mil for Xbox 360 (growing fast); 25mil for PS3 (growing about 1/2 as fast as Xbox 360), game quality, exclusive games, and how fast games are produced and it's obvious who stands out among the other. PS3 is ugly, too, so even aesthetically it fails. I think Tales of Vesperia came out about a year after the Xbox 360? It's pathetic, and it's because of the BlueRay that no one wants that it takes forever for things to come out on PS3. Maybe it's more powerful in terms of hardware (I dunno) but it sure doesn't show it when Xbox 360 is kicking its butt.

______________________________________________________________________________________
    End of Console War
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but yeah, ignoring the unrelated posts, who else would want to see a really nice, high-quality Pokemon game on the Wii HD? It'd be awesome *-* Maybe not so humanly-done as RE5, since that'd be a little weird for a Pokemon game, but just something HD with character customization and a great online system and hours and hours of gameplay (outside of training).

davidthefat

I Love C++
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2012
    This isn't a battle about consoles :| They're equal in strength in any case, and the quality of the games are better, not just because Xbox Live doesn't lag to Hell, but because the graphics are better. Everyone knows that the PS3 failed horribly overall; PS2 was great, PS1 was great, but PS3 was a huge flop. Compare the sales (32mil for Xbox 360 (growing fast); 25mil for PS3 (growing about 1/2 as fast as Xbox 360), game quality, exclusive games, and how fast games are produced and it's obvious who stands out among the other. PS3 is ugly, too, so even aesthetically it fails. I think Tales of Vesperia came out about a year after the Xbox 360? It's pathetic, and it's because of the BlueRay that no one wants that it takes forever for things to come out on PS3. Maybe it's more powerful in terms of hardware (I dunno) but it sure doesn't show it when Xbox 360 is kicking its butt.

______________________________________________________________________________________
    End of Console War
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

but yeah, ignoring the unrelated posts, who else would want to see a really nice, high-quality Pokemon game on the Wii HD? It'd be awesome *-* Maybe not so humanly-done as RE5, since that'd be a little weird for a Pokemon game, but just something HD with character customization and a great online system and hours and hours of gameplay (outside of training).

I'm pretty sure they are planning, or even developing the game as of right now... I mean Pokemon, Mario has been in every console (except Visual Boy) so Im pretty sure they are doing it... Its all about money... Pokemon is one of the few game series that can help the wii compete with the big boys, they HAVE to do it

Years
    • Seen Jan 18, 2016
    I probably wouldn't get it, I hate all the pokemon games in 3-D graphics. Even ones with partial 3-D (Aka Gen IV), I like the old days of 2-D graphics and 8-Bit music.

Back