• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An idea for pokemon games

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    Sigh. You're misinterpreting. For one, pokemon does appeal to adults and kids, you missed many posts that said that. Pokemon does appeal to both genders. Pokemon is not the only game (or only successful game) in its genre. There are games that fit the "just cool monsters" model. Aside from that people are also saying it's unrealistic for pokemon to do so, which I agree with. They're making an unimaginable amount of money from it with the balance they've been running. They have cute, cool, weird, tough, pretty, etc. and putting their resources into purely cool would more than likely hurt them than not.

To be honest, since I played pokemon when it first came out, I've known more older guys to play it than younger. The original drew in the older fans, having more "ordinary" pokemon in it, and the anime draws in the young fans. And nobody as far as I know is saying pokemon is solely for kids

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • Well, you got me there, but still what I'm advocating is a different style like Ultimate Marvel. What I'm talking about is something like this, I pull out my pokeball and use my werewolf vs your chinese dragon, that is the point of my idea, instead of using chubby happy dragonite vs big fat snorlax (I like Dragonite and Snorlax), use monsters that look like they came from horror, fantasy, and sci fi movies. Different styles of monsters, the T+ rating that comes along with it is because in this game you would be treated with a slightly more mature deeper storyline than what is usually done. I used the word "cool" to discribe these monsters for lack of a better term, I didn't expect people on this board to get my idea because like I said they are purists, and I can't stretch enough how that is not a bad thing, but I think that this is an interesting idea and that it would sell well among everyone.

Frisky Arcanine

Jumpluff Hugger
    Years
    • Seen Sep 11, 2011
    I think your problem is coming from wording and assumptions. Nobody here is being a purist at all. It comes off as if you're saying pokemon should change the model that they're using, when really what you're suggesting is a new game entirely.

People have still touched on that in their arguments, saying that it just wouldn't work out well for GF, putting their resources into different areas. I think you might be missing that Pokemon as a franchise has been progressing in terms of story depth and the like, and there are pokemon that look "dramatic" and all. You're using extreme examples while overlooking the pokemon that fit your desire.

It's an interesting idea, yes, and it's already sort of done like I've said. There are other pokemon-esque games with deeper stories/different designs. The creator of pokemon desires the game to be something for people who do not get the opportunity he had when he was younger in a less built-up environment to go out in nature and tame the wildlife; to catch bugs and fish and whatnot and have them fight and such. Pokemon has been shifting from that in many ways, but I think to jump all the way to a "deep T+ game" (and it's a stretch saying the teen rating makes a good storyline) is something that would sell well to everything isn't the best of plans.

You should really check out other games in the genre, you know; you might find something closer to what you want. I forgot what else I was going to say..

aspie3000

Unova Champion
    Years
  • Yes I think that the problem is wording. I am going for a different game but with pokemon mechanics, typing, evolutions, pokeballs. I would also like to know what those other games that you are talking about are, which one would you recommend?

Back