• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An ideal team

Sweet Serenity

Advocate of Truth
    Years
    It's hard to pick a specific team because I have many, literally hundreds of teams. Even when I begin my playthroughs, I always start with at least two teams. Is it alright if I list more than one? If so, I would choose:

(All-time) Favorites: Starmie, Blaziken, Serperior, Electivire, Haxorus, Gardevoir (and Lucario)
    Secondary (All-Time) Favorites: Feraligatr, Machamp, Magnezone, Garchomp, Weavile, Gengar (and Alazakam)
    Gen 8 Baton Pass Sweepers: Butterfree, Blaziken, Klefki, Starmie, Garchomp, Ditto (or any special and physical sweeper in my favorites list)
    National Dex Baton Pass Sweepers: Smeargle, Blaziken, Feraligatr, Gardevoir, Breloom, Ditto (or any special and physical sweeper in my favorites list)
    OU Balance: Landorus-T, Dragapult, Kartana, Blissey, Urshifu-Rapid-Strike, Heatran
    Gen 8 Mostly Legendaries: Landorus-T, Kartana, Palkia, Heatran, Cresselia, Umbreon
    Nintendo Switch Battle Stadium Ranked Battles: Landorus-T, Zacian, Ditto, Seismitoad, Zapdos, Reshiram

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    My ideal team is one that can hit every Pokemon in the game for super effective damage, even if it means resorting to abilities like Scrappy and Mold Breaker, and moves like Foresight and Smack Down.

However, there's one team I'm especially proud of. My team in Radical Red consisted of Alolan Raichu, Gengar, Feraligatr, Incineroar, Salamence, and Tangrowth. They're personal favourites of mine, and they all got to pull their weight against the Elite Four.

Years
    I'd just go with a team of my favorites. That said I have too many favorites to fit into a team of six =p

Glaceon, Alolan Ninetales, Froslass, Delphox, Indeedee + Either Salamence/Kommo-o/Metagross. Atm I'd pick Kommo-o but I often change my mind with these three =p

Ti-65 Fukunotsuki

Bug Collector
    Years
    For me it's bug types in general, I like all of them and I have the same problem of picking and choosing then changing. I've had a pattern of picking fire types though, lol. I also would like to balance my team's type coverage, it's pretty hard if a lot of my favorites are bugs. So after thinking a bit my ideal team would be:
    -Garchomp
    -Typhlosion
    -Leavanny
    -Yanmega
    -Milotic
    -Ariados

Years
    It actually is tough for me to decide. But I absolutely know I need these guys on my team:

1) Flareon
    2) Raichu
    3) Cinccino

The last three are where it gets complicated. Perhaps a rotation of one of these:

4) Whimsicott
    5) Ampharos
    6) Alolan Vulpix
    7) Emolga
    8) Poipole (Shiny)
    9) Bellossom

I just love them all so much?! Picking a single 6-party team is too difficult. D:

Years
    • Online now
    My ideal team doesn't have specific Pokémon, it's more like a personal checklist:

-At least one Ghost, Fire, and Grass type, because they're my favorite types overall.
    -No legendaries, pseudos, broken Megas, or Pokémon that are OP for whatever reason.
    -One "Revelation" Pokémon that I didn't imagine having on my final team but turned out to perform better than I expected.
    -Good coverage and synergies to be capable against different kind of opponents.
    -Suitability for fun and interesting battle strategies.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Hah! Easiest question of my life.

- Sylveon
    - Sylveon
    - Sylveon
    - Sylveon
    - Sylveon
    - Sylveon

Okay, maybe not. Lemme try again.

- Sylveon
    - Volcarona
    - Goodra
    - Gliscor
    - Scizor
    - Obstagoon

Well, wait, hang on..

- Alolan Ninetales
    - Ampharos
    - Milotic
    - Mega-Absol
    - Frosmoth
    - Delcatty

I don't know. I quit.

Years
    • She/Her, It/Its
    • Seen today
    For me the team should contain some of my favorites. It should also preferably not contain any Pokemon that have a job in the world to fullfill (like legendaries or mythicals). They should also be able to help during travel. Fortunately, since they can wait in their Poke Balls, Pokemon becoming a hindrance is somewhat offset.

Pokemon I'd most likely pick are:
    - Skarmory (as a bird it makes traveling a lot easier)
    - Phione (a nice Water type that is about as much of a mythical as is Dratini)
    - Hisuian Lilligant (strong Fighting type that can move heavy stuff and a Grass type for survival in the wilderness)
    - Gardevoir (very versatile movepool Mystical Fire is useful for camp fires, e.g.)
    - Plusle (for electricity)
    - Mismagius (for the spooky factor)

Are there better picks? Definitely! But I don't care! :D

Ivysaur

Grass dinosaur extraordinaire
    Years
    Crobat
    Nidoqueen
    Toxicroac
    Galarian Weezing
    Roserade or Vileplume
    And an Espeon because I really like them.

I would probably be pretty happy with that. Even if Sabrina could very easily murder my team anyway.

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Crobat
    Nidoqueen
    Toxicroac
    Galarian Weezing
    Roserade or Vileplume
    And an Espeon because I really like them.

I would probably be pretty happy with that. Even if Sabrina could very easily murder my team anyway.

um... IVYSAUR???????

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Ignoring in-game Pokémon (for the most part) and not limiting myself to Pokémon based on things I've encountered IRL like my sig, I think this team fits me pretty well. Obviously not competitive.

An ideal team

Wartortle is my favorite aesthetic Pokémon, and one with some nostalgia behind it.
    Dunsparce is my most sentimental favorite and would ideally be Shiny. Not very realistic given Dunsparce's already-rare status, but Shiny Dunsparce is basically my mascot.
    Leafeon is another aesthetic favorite and one that I could easily imagine having IRL. I can picture it basking in the light pouring through a window, like a cat. :3
    Mothim is my favorite moth-mon and I'm a big fan of moths IRL. Originally got into it thanks to its Shiny, but now I'm cool with either form.
    Lickitung is also very nostalgic to me.
    Shedinja is hecka cool, from its appearance, cool (albeit situational) ability, and especially how you get it.

I imagine swapping Mothim for Frosmoth during the colder months. Leafeon would probably stay indoors then, possibly getting replaced by Sneasel or Alolan Sandslash (still not sure which of these two I'd consider my favorite Ice-type).

(If you couldn't tell, this is from more of a "if Pokémon were real/if I were a character in the Pokémon universe" perspective. Still haven't quite decided on my ideal in-game team. I'd love if my in-game team and fantasy team could line up, but I'm too attached to my Shinies.)

Last edited:
    Back