• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An In-depth look at Spinda

Phlemingo

o_o_o_o_o <--Claydol Ascii
Years
  • Spinda

Base stats: HP 60 - ATT 60 - DEF 60 - SPD 60 - SPATT 60 - SPDF 60.

Moveset:

Thief
    Seismic Toss
    Baton Pass
    Snatch

Trait: Own Tempo. Prevents confusion. Useful if you switch into something that likes confusing the opponent.

Other options: Teeter Dance, Trick, Encore, Toxic

Encore is useful for those subbers and status pokes whatnots. Alternatively, Trickband. Most might not expect that from a super UU pokemon like that, since it hasn't been used much. You can seriously screw up a tank. If you encored, when they switch out, or they have the balls enough to try to hax their way out of the encore quickly, finish them off or nail the new arrivee with a Seismic Toss. You shouldn't really give Spinda any attacking EVs. Another great way to take care of DDers or SDers is to Snatch them. Then baton pass your *** outta there. If upon seeing you Seismic Toss, the opposition switches into a wh*re like Blissey, Thief it. All these might sound like great strats. Pity Spinda can't take many hits.

Opinion: I'm using it in my UU team. My UU + Level Balance, that is, and it can't really compete with those OU teams without Level Balance, but it can take out at least 2 of the opponents' with proper prediction and timing. It isn't that bad.

Strategy: Use the Snatch/Pass set, where you can teeter and seismic non-stat raisers, or use the encore set, in which you seismic and toxic the opponent. Teeter Dance wouldn't hurt too. If you want permanence, let him hold a CB and put Trick over Encore. Works only once though. You might also like to squeeze Thief in somewhere as a surprise move on Tanks/Endure Pokes.

Counters: Pure sweepers. You might, however, be able to encore a hit and switch out to something resistant/immune. Then you can set up that poke.

Final Words: Kinda awesome in Level Balance.

But anyway, he's near crap. Or is crap. Shouldn't use him.

Frostweaver

Ancient + Prehistoric
    Years
  • credit isn't given anywhere... it's pretty much spam. You got every single right to close it.

Be stronger, Toothy. You're the mod with absolute power, and is by no way some constituitional moderator, and you're definitely not elected either so you don't have to be "responsible" to your forum by asking it "what do you guys want?" Take charge! Just say "CLOSE!"

Phlemingo

Years
  • Well, it isn't plagarism, since the fact remains that I wrote it. o_O
    Besides, if you still want to argue it's plagarism, then I could simply put a "by Phlemingo" near the bottom. But text is just so easy to label, so what the heck. Anyway, if you can find any proof I didn't write it, then sure. Close, delete.

Just want some comments and improvisations.

Last edited:

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • lol, All I meant was that you wrote it for NB and now you post it here. (Personally I'd have wanted to see some of the guides written for the more OU pokemon be posted here instead of pokemon you'd never end up using anyways)

Confusion is sorried for me.

Phlemingo

Years
  • It's ok, no harm done. Seriously, these pokemon like Spinda have awesome movesets, Level Balance battles could become a whole new league of their own.

Mana Lugia

Advocate for Common Sense
    Years
  • It certainly could, but LEvel balace does kinda screw most OU pokemon over since their god like stats will no longer be so godlike (Imagine blissey with no def whatsoever).

Like hell those clausewhores will give up their OUs for a better game though.

Phlemingo

Years
  • Hmm... <Pictures "Little League", where pokemon with base stat total over a certain amount are not allowed>

Back