• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An OU team in need of your opinion

Leonix

You can also find me on Shoddy
Years
  • A Shoddy OU Team

Key: Bold = Currently use
    Italic = Other option

Metagross @ Occa berry
    Adamant
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 14 Def / 8 Spd
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Explosion

A standard gross lead. Sets up SR so the rest of my teams sweepers have more of a chance to get their KO's. EQ is to take out fire types that have a go and bullet punch is a decent STAB with priority, mainly used to deal with Aerodactyl leads. Explosion is my panic button but I tend not to use it unless I really need to.

Empoleon @ Petaya berry
    Modest
    14 HP / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk / 12 SDef
    ~ Agility
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Surf
    ~ Grass Knot / Ice Beam

A Subpetaya empoleon with agility makes a very interesting sweeper. Whilst it hits a lot harder than the standard agilipoleon with LO it is a lot harder to set up. Surf is my STAB move and grass knot is for those bulky waters that try and wall me. I am tempted to try ice beam in its place though.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Timid
    6 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ HP [Ice]
    ~ Explosion

A standard Scarftran. Fire blast for STAB, used instead of flamethrower for extra power and it's accuracy isn't terrible for its base power. Earth power to counter the fire types in OU, as well as other heatran. HP ice for the OU dragons (except kingdra >.<) and explosion for when my life no longer has meaning.

Dugtrio @ Expert Belt
    Arena Trap
    Jolly
    42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge / Rock Slide
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Aerial Ace

You may have thought up till not that my team is heavily steel based. This is where dugtrio shines. Manezone, tyranitar, heatran and many more are left trapped and out sped by this monster of a revenge killer. Expert belt was chosen to act as a pseudo CB and has worked extremely well. The only query I have is whether I should change SE for rock slide as I have been very unlucky with accuracy and duggy just can't afford to miss.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
    Timid
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ HP [Fire]

A standard special gengar with a difference and that is sub. I sub up on the switch so then i can take a hit from the likes of my counter and dish one back before I have to retreat. This set works most notably on switching in scizor as HP fire finishes them off from behind the sub as scizor attempts a bullet punch.

Snorlax @ Leftovers
    Thick Fat
    Careful
    244 HP / 28 Def / 238 SDef (170 HP / 120 Atk / 220 SDef)
    ~ Body Slam
    ~ Crunch / Earthquake
    ~ Rest / Selfdestruct
    ~ Sleep Talk / Curse

This slot can be changed since snorlax has been a bit hit and miss for this team. I have tried both sets between rest-talk and curselax and they have worked equally well/bad. Some help here please.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Age 29
    • he/him/his
    • Seen Feb 8, 2024
    Restalk Snorlax? Walled by Steel-types, things with high defense, and, well, anything that can punch Snorlax around without taking too much from his Body Slam/Crunch. At least use EQ > Crunch if you're going to Restalk.

Dark Azelf

☽𖤐☾𓃶𐕣
    Years
    • Seen today
    A Shoddy OU Team

Metagross @ Occa berry
    Adamant
    252 HP / 236 Atk / 14 Def / 8 Spd
    ~ Stealth Rock
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Bullet Punch
    ~ Explosion

k

Empoleon @ Petaya berry
    Modest
    14 HP / 232 Spd / 252 SAtk / 12 SDef
    ~ Agility
    ~ Substitute
    ~ Surf
    ~Ice Beam

k

Heatran @ Leftovers
    Timid

~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ Toxic
    ~ Substitute

Use Sub tran to lure in waters, Toxic them and then you can sweep easier with Empoleon.

Dugtrio @ Expert Belt

Arena Trap
    Jolly
    42 HP / 252 Atk / 216 Spd
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Stone Edge
    ~ Sucker Punch
    ~ Aerial Ace

Lol Expert Belt cant even 2hko Blissey, anyways i dont see what this is doing for your team tbh.

Gengar @ Life Orb

Timid
    ~ Protect
    ~ Shadow Ball
    ~ Focus Blast
    ~ HP [Fire]

Change this to a "MysticGar" Protect beats CB Scizor without needing to predict the switch in to use sub and at the cost of less hp lost.

Snorlax @ Choice Band

Thick Fat
    Adamant
    252 ATT / 252 S.DEF / 6 HP

~ Body Slam
    ~ Earthquake
    ~ Selfdestruct / Fire Punch
    ~ Pursuit

Sleep talkers suck especially lax. Curselax is also poop since it dies to alot of the metagame even after setting up. Id use Offensive lax simply because of the support Pursuit can grant to your team. AKA you Pursuit Blissey and then Empoleon looks more likely to sweep.

Comments and thoughts in bold.

Id personally put in a Zong >> Meta to cover your DD Mence weak or make meta a tank gross aka

Bronzong@Leftovers / Macho Brace* / Lagging Tail* (* With Trick)
    252 HP / 68 ATT / 108 DEF / 80 SP.DEF
    Relaxed Nature
    Trait: Levitate
    - Gyro Ball
    - Stealth Rock
    - Hypnosis / Explosion / Trick
    - Earthquake

or

Metagross@Leftovers
    252 HP / 244 DEF / 12 SPEED
    Impish Nature
    - Meteor Mash
    - Stealth Rock
    - Ice Punch
    - Explosion

This is able to survive a DD LO EQ from Adamant Mence, but is sketchy at best so id prolly use zong.

Also,

Flygon@Choice Scarf
    252 ATT/252 SPEED/6 HP
    Adamant Nature
    - U-Turn
    - ThunderPunch
    - Outrage
    - Earthquake

Put in this >> duggy to cover your Gyarados weak and provide the same resistances and gives you a better revenge killer in general.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2010
    Heatran @ Choice Scarf
    Naive
    ~ Fire Blast
    ~ Earth Power
    ~ HP [Ice]
    ~ Explosion

Timid makes Explosion Weaker. Better Stick with Naive

Samson

no, i don't know milk drink
    Years
  • i'd honestly rather run a sub expert belt gar than a protect set. sure protect is practical to bringing in a counter if it bullet punches, but not everyone is practical enough to use CB scizor. it's just as big as a gamble as lowering life with subattack.

definitely drop dugtrio. can it even take a scarftran's fire blast?

i'd drop empoleon. it's just adding to your team's already existent ground/fighting weak. jolly SD gliscor would give this team trouble. you don't know how many empoleons i run into that people save for end game in hopes for a sweep right before my +2 Gliscor clobbers them. i'd go for something like screenMie (Starmie w/ Reflect). why i mention reflect is because your team has absolutely no leeway against physical sweepers.

Back