• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

An updated Pokedex Pro?

darkwaters93

Ninja Vaporeon
Years
  • Does anybody know if they are going to update the Pokedex Pro 3D and Pokedex Pro iOS? I mean, it is bound to happen eventually but does anyone know how long? I am looking forward to it including entries for the Pokemon of the Kalos Region, as well as Mega Evolutions. Plus, some of the current entries have become incorrect, like the Pokemon that became fairy types.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    I would hope so, but it's been three months since the release of the games. All of the Pokémon, models and information has been out there since the beginning. There's no point at all in keeping us for this long from buying the Kalos Pokémon (or having them included in a free update, Meloetta/Genesect-style).

Although I should add that I messaged Pokémon about if a Kalos update would be released and they gave me some standard "We can't comment about updates for our software" corporate BS. I'd say it's probably on the way. Maybe halfway or mostly done. But we'll just have to… wait and see.

Years
  • Well the original Pokédex 3Ds came out not long after the Gen V games (a month after BW2 in English), so i'm sure they'd make one sometime. I liked having it for BW2, had some interesting data to cover.

Although they're probably not gonna update the previous Pokédex 3D Pro for Gen VI since it was designed for Gen V.

Years
    • Seen May 15, 2023
    Saw that the "new" Tretta Lab which in all honesty JUST came out is already being discontinued and will not be updated with the new Tretta mechanics and types. This kinda tells me that neither the iSO, Android, nor the 3DS Pokedexes will get any kinda upgrade at all. Seems like they'll be left as they are and just forgotten.

ShadoMaster

Pokémon Actor
    Years
  • I payed money for this and so did (and probably still are) some other people. It would be a waste if it stays like this because then there would be no point to it when you can search online for free.

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I doubt that the will upgrade the PRo to include generation 6 pokémon. Knowing Nintendo they'll probably just release a Pokédex: X and Y for the same full price of the Pokedex 3D Pro. Or the may not, considering how popular wikis are and considering they have more information them. Plus the wikis are free and the app costs more than a strategy guide.

Years
  • I doubt that the will upgrade the PRo to include generation 6 pokémon. Knowing Nintendo they'll probably just release a Pokédex: X and Y for the same full price of the Pokedex 3D Pro. Or the may not, considering how popular wikis are and considering they have more information them. Plus the wikis are free and the app costs more than a strategy guide.

Yeah I agree with Para, they'll probably release a new edition for 6th Gen that contains Kalos Pokemon and all the updates to Fairy-type. But I guess most people could probably just look for information on Pokemon in a Pokedex-like setting on the internet these days.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2023
    Well, it's almost two years in and no X/Y or OR/AS expansion, and no hints to it coming any time soon. Although I should mention that I messaged the website last year asking about an expansion and was not given a full-on "no". I received one of those "we can't say anything, so please assume we mean no when we actually mean yes" type of answers.

Back