• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Analyzing Negative Christian Opinions about Pokemon

Status
Not open for further replies.

-Jinx-

Pokemon Breeder
    Years
    k i don't get offened easily but THIS IS WHERE I DRAW THE LINE i am sick and tired of people being stereotypical stereotypical about my religion... Yes i am christain more specificly I am mormon and a very strict mormon i enjoying going to church and learning more about it and NO leader in my ward give all these long speaches about pokemon being evil, i'm just sick and tired about people saying stuff like this....

Oh please. Get over yourself.
    I'm sick of every kid attacking me when I lump and opinion in with Christianity. It's obvious you never even read the post. I never gave a pro or con opinion on the subject nor did I ever say that EVERY Christian believes this.
    No.
    I said this is a Christian opinion on Pokemon. Not THE opinion that every damn Christian has to believe.

And People have every right to say this sort of stuff.
    Stereotypes only exit because there is/was a majority in a group that acts/thinks/does this.
    Not that it really matters because this is simply a discussion. I'm sick of people getting so offended and attacking me when I present a piece of literature that in no way, shape or form represents my personal beliefs.
    I'm not saying Pokemon is bad nor am I saying ALL Christians believe this. I'm simply showing you an article and asking your opionion.
    DON'T GET SO UPTIGHT ABOUT IT.

Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    jesus christ, more stupid propaganda full of misinformation and faulty logic. I like how they try to sound more credible by using psychology, even though that makes them sound even more like idiots. I don't understand why these people have to go up against every new fad that comes around and find something about it to convolute into something evil/demonic/whatever. "Oh my god, thousands of children are interested in this, it must be the work of the devil trying to possess their minds and make them kill their parents, this innocent game must be banned immediately. God forbid our children should have freewill and think for themselves." Good thing you're worrying over an insignificant thing like a video game rather than focusing on important issues like hunger and poverty.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
    This whole thread is counter-productive. I am not keen on religious talk if all it will do is make people crazy and enraged.

All I have to say on this is "Keep thy religion to thy self."

Closed because I can see flame and religious wars coming in a taxi a mile away.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back