• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

anbody know of good acne treatment products???

*~Ashley~*

♥ Matt
    Years
    Actually, Lance, I've heard about the toothpaste thing too. I don't know if it works though. Hmm...

Anyway, I had a pretty bad-ish acne problem back in middle school. <<; Proactive doesn't work, other store bought items didn't work either. My doctor proscribed Duac Gel and Retin-A Micro for me, and they've worked really well. I haven't had any problems since I started using those. So my recommendation is to go to your doctor or go to a dermatologist and see what they recommend for your skin. It'll help better than just generic creams that you can buy from any old store.

Natsuki

.bluefang.
    Years
    I actually use this stuff from the Dead Sea. o__o My mom ordered it a while ago and I've been using it lately and it makes my skin all clear and pretty. =D But it's insanely expensive so you might not be willing to buy it. XD;

Otherwise I'd recommend pHisoderm. I use that as well and I haven't had a full blown breakout in like a year. It could just be my skin type too, but still - it works. XD

~Kelsey

Chiru

I dun use this account any mo'
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen May 31, 2013
    I tried the toothpaste thing before. All it really did for me was make my face sticky and mint-scented. It was hard to wash off too.

Miyu-chan

.::f l o w e r g i r l::.
    Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Apr 23, 2014
    I used to use Mentholatum. :3 It works really well, and not just with pimples, but also with headaches, stuffy nose,, bug bites, cuts! <3 It's wonderful.

I barely have any pimples now. ;p

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Blue said:
    Sugar adds to the problem, but it's not the biggest cause of it. Often it's just people not washing their face right and by the time they want to fix it, they need acne treatments. You do need to watch what you eat though, a little bit of sugary food won't hurt, but if it's added with oily foods, foods with dead fats and other things, it all adds up to the problem. Myself, I never used any special soaps or treatments since I'm allergic to the key ingredient in 99% of what's out there. All I could do was steam the pours open and just wash well every day, which seemed to work well enough for me.

Yeah..I have that problem. x__X I mean, seriously I like, NEVER get break-outs from eating sugar (even if it is a lot) the problem with me is oily foods like you said X( I never eat those too often though, but one night when my mom brought home KFC...eeesh.

So yeah, if you're eating anything like that, then I'd suggest you cut down on that ^^" Also, whenever I get break-outs I would use my wipe thingies and it would by gone in 1 to 2 days (I forget what they're called, but they were prescribed by my aunt whose a nurse x.x;;; ) So yeah, maybe you need prescribtion wipe thingies like me too? (though I hardly ever need to use them....)

Shining Arcanine

Senior Super Moderator
    Years
    Go to acne.org and order the recommended stuff for The Regimen. It is the best way to treat acne in the world, excluding Accutane but Accutane can have extremely serious and permanent side-effects so The Regimen is your best bet.

Back