• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ancient Dynasty; A Viper's Promise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Well, isn't this interesting. A soundless, humorless laugh drifted through Chain's mind as Slythe mentioned the halting of what seemed to be a reference to Project Omicron for "humanitarian" reasons. This laughter was only renewed as Slythe indicated that the attackers were able to "perfect what the company did not." Pokemon going on a senseless rampage . . . Both incidents seem pretty similar to me. His expression patient and dead, Chain continued to listen to the CEO's performance, his mind constantly processing what he heard and attempting to decipher Slythe's motives. He's using us. That much is obvious. And while I'd be tempted to say that he considers us expendable, that's where I run into problems. Surely he considers enough of his own workers as insignificant enough to use them the way he is using us--and with much greater ease. So why us? Why is he going to all this trouble . . . Is it the legend? He said he didn't believe it, but that could as easily be a lie as could the entire story itself.

At the mention of his past, Chain said nothing. Though he again felt the inward stab--keen and painful, Slythe's words lacked the full impact of what had been said before. Rather, Chain waited patiently until Slythe, Rosairie, and Kyoko had all said their piece. As he found a pause, however, Chain's attention was drawn to Reina. The female trainer had risen from her seat and was clearly struggling to control her rising anger. Seems Slythe has as much a hold on all of us as he does on me. For a moment, the hacker mentally reviewed Slythe's carefully-chosen words as well as the path the man's eyes had taken as he had spoken. I wonder . . . More research for me to do later, I suppose. But for now, it's time to test the waters.

"Sir." Chain's gaze locked directly with Slythe's, the full gleam of his irises eradicating the foreign blue light cast onto them.

"Forgive me if I seem too eager to speak of the prizes. But when you assure us that you will grant us anything within your power, is that promise absolute?" A faint smile played about the trainer's lips and danced through his eyes as he spoke--imperceptible physically and known only by the sixth sense possessed uniquely by the living. "You see, this may surprise you, but I also have somewhat of an interest in history, and your tale has kindled my curiosity." He paused. "Of course, as much as you don't believe this Typhoeus is the real one, neither do I believe in the legend. But for the sake of my interest in history . . . What would you say if I were to request this 'relic of the hated god' as my prize?"

Chain watched Slythe carefully as he spoke, viewing as well as he could out of the corner of his eye the only other person he thought might know more about the situation than what was being said--Valen.

[OOC: EDIT: I had my post for Eseka mostly done, but my computer froze. ^-^;; A little ironic terminology, I think.]

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Well, Mika, you ought to know by now: life isn't fair. xD Hope you have fun on your band trip. I'll be doing some minor cosmetic improvements, but the profile is ready to go whenever, although you probably knew that. Anyway, I love your post. Heck, I love all of them...just the kind of lovely reactions I was hoping for. My only issue is that Rosairie is being a bit too verbally intelligent. Kind of sounds more like something I'd have expected from Kyoko, you know? Still, it's fully possible that some of that has rubbed off on her, or that she's just having a bright moment. :3

But yeah, there is distinct irony in an Eseka post making a computer freeze. xD

IC:

"Oh, do bear with me, miss Beaumont." Slythe replied calmly to Rosairie's remark, which - Valen reluctantly had to admit - had been quite smarter than the ones she usually spewed out, "I fully understand your position, and to be fully honest with you...", Valen felt like laughing mockingly at this expression, "...yes, I could have a 'mature responsible adult', as you say, perform this task, but..." he paused, his smile widening, "You have to admit, it would not make quite the same impression as three young trainers accomplishing the same. The people - the common men on the street, so to speak - are insecure, miss Beaumont, they are frightened, and what better way to quell the panic than to have a group of young heroes emerge triumphant when things seem to be at their darkest?" the CEO paused, "I'm a businessman, my dear tournament victors, and I know from experience that appearances are just as important for a successful product as the function. This mission should be relatively harmless, as there have thus far only been wild pokémon - the likes of which I am sure you can handle, and the ruin itself..." his smile widened a bit more, "Surely you don't believe that security devices over two millenia old would still be functional?" the CEO chuckled in his usual eerie way, "There is no doubt in my mind that you all will be more than capable of performing this task. This being the case, your consent is most appreciated." he smiled at Rosairie and Kyoko, "And yours too, miss Rookford." he added, seemingly paying no heed to the way Reina was practically trembling with rage, "Although really, I see no reason why you shouldn't smile." his own smile widened ever so slightly, as if to demonstrate how easy it was, "After all, you're going to get a trip to warmer lands, fame, and a - if I do say so myself - rather generous award, all for retrieving one artifact, not to mention that you are already one of the top contestants in a prestigeous tournament. Why is nothing of this worth smiling over?"

At this point, Valen suddenly found himself on his feet, even though he had no clear recollection of having gotten up. The CEO's words had struck a nerve, not the ones directed at Rosairie or Kyoko - he couldn't have cared less about those - not the vague promise made to him - he was used to dealing with those, they never paid off - no, what had definitely gotten to him was Reina's last reaction. There were so many things he felt like doing when he saw her crumbe like that. To say something, to do something, something, support her somehow...anything to make that pained expression go away, but another urge had crossed through his mind with even greater intensity: the desire to harm the person responsible, to wipe that smug smile of Slythe's arrogant face, to grab the nearest sharp object and flay his skin bit by bit until he had gone through all the torment he had caused, to rip out that vicious tongue of his so it could never repeat what had just been said. Reina was obviously contemplating something similar - if, perhaps, less sadistic - but she wouldn't do that, she couldn't. She was too good for that...to good to soil herself with the likes of Slythe. 'But...', Valen's mind concluded, his eyes narrowing to two narrow slits, disturbingly similar to a snake's eyes with his pupils now bearing a tiny but intense spark within the usual misty grey, 'I don't have restraints like that. Reina may be too kind to kill you, Slythe, but I'm not. In fact, you even trained me to do this...' his left hand instinctively pulled back, concealed by the sleeve say for the tell-tale signs of motion beneath, discreetly searching until it found what it was looking for, a pin - small enough to be easily concealed even behind a finger but suitably large and sharp to be a very unpleasant thing to have in one's throat or artery - which it then carefully palmed before sliding back out. It seemed so easy...just one stab, one single little prick into that bastard's neck would solve so many problems. Reina's discomfort...the psychological torment of everyone in the room...his own captivity within the organization...the mission he simply couldn't peform...it would all be over in one single action. His last selfish deed...

"Are you quite allright, Valen?" Slythe inquired calmly, his eyes carefully examining the boy with a mixture of careful observation and - Valen noted to his frustration - amusement. One of his hands was right there on the table, but the other...there was no telling what it was doing beneath that desk, and he had obviously seen. Even if it had somehow eluded the others, Slythe had seen. Valen swore inwardly, briefly clinging to that lovably easy and final conlcusion, but he couldn't bring it back. For all his dislike, for all his hate, both for the man in front of him and himself, Valen couldn't bring himself to go through with it, the mad spark extinguishing and giving way to his usual indifferent gaze as the calculating and rational part of his mind took over, the one that told him that he didn't want to go through with it, that questions would be asked which he didn't want to answer, that this course of action would - if possible - harm Reina even more and that - above all - getting caught with a potential murder weapon in hand wasn't desirable.

"Nothing...sir..." Valen replied at last, discreetly slipping the pin back into its hiding spot, "All this talk just made me anxious to get on with the assignment. That is all." with that, he then satt down again, if rather stiffly.

"Of course." Slythe replied smoothly, his usual smile - the smile of a man who was completely in control and aware of it - returned, "And your enthusiaism is much appreciated, to be sure. Well, now that that has been clarified, I believe you inquired about the rewards, Mr.Quaixer?" he turned back to Chain, "To answer your question I will, as I said, strive to fullfill whatever wish is presented. And concerning your interest in the relic..." Valen blinked at the CEO's hesitation. Slythe was masking it well, but there seemed to a slight increase in the tension of his facial muscles, as if they were struggling against the expression they were currently forced to maintain, "You may have the relic, if you so wish." he concluded at last, "However, you must understand that - in this case - your reward can not be handed to you before the cult has been successfully disbanded. Also, certain matters concerning the artifact must be examined more carefully. It is a relic, after all, and depending on local legislation it may be declared a national treasure, in which case it would, of course, be unacceptable for me to give it to you as it would belong to the locals by legal right. I do hope you understand..." his smile widened slightly, "Suffice to say that your interest is noted, and if no complications arise you may have the relic...once it has served its purpose." he paused, leaning back in his chair a bit as his face relaxed completely again, "Now then, while miss Brindge and miss Williams ponder this matter, I would be quite willing to answer any further questions concerning the task ahead of you or related matters."

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Hmph. -crosses arms across chest and pouts- Charon helped me type that post. She says that Rose has brians, she just doesn't always use them She thinks she'll be able to return in 5-8 weeks after exams and she sends hugs and what not (She misses you all dearly and Alter, you should be proud to know that she no longer starts our im conversations with a 'hi mika' but rather with the, "How's the PC people doing?" -pouts more-

Off to San An I go~ Feel free to drag when needed and what not

-IC-

Kyoko's eyes narrowed dangerously for a fraction of a second before they reverted to nothingness. She'd noticed hints of Valen's little mental dilema but simply brushed it off. He was digging his own grave. Blinking, she settled back into the chair with a little squeak, closing her eyes in the darkness of the room, her head pounding methodically and painfully. After the longest while, she managed to speak, her eyes staying shut as her voice drooped back into fluid motions, "...You have thought that the pokemon disturbances could possibly be caused by your little escapade, yes?" She licked her lips slowly, "...or could you possibly be messing around with spirits of deceased humans and pokemon that would like to stay resting?" Her priestess heritage was shining throught he darkness in a brilliant blaze of intelect, "...And would you allow us to have a day off to rest? I really don't think it would be intelligent for us to run into this mission; we won't admit it but we're all throughouly exausted."

And she had a headache

A really bad headache

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Really? Well, how was I supposed to know that? *Pouts back* You asked me to point out anything that seemed even slightly out of the ordinary with Rosairie and that's what I did. xP Anyway, yay for Charon's eventual return! ^0^ And incidentally, yay for finally getting a post here again. *Sweatdrop* Yeah, I sort of figured that since a large majority of the good people here have just up and poofed I should slow down the pace and let this live on for as long as possible without bumping (Showgan is sort of suffering from a premature response, down on the second page it is. .__.). Buuuut since I prefer not being shot and since it has been a while I figured that a 'certain RP' could use a post again. Rejoice. xD

Incidentally...what's with this priestess heritage bit? 'Cause, you know, if Kyoko has any kind of spiritual power (Even the weak, dormant kind) then she should be able to sense something pretty fishy about Slythe (Well, beyond the obvious). Ahh...PM converse this maybe? Dunno' how big the odds of others dragging their butts here are, but I shall remain a spoiler scrooge to the bitter end. xD

Oh, and just as a heads up: I'm entering my study period, so comp time will be severely limited. (A couple of hours in the evening at max) So yeah, I probably won't manage more than one or two posts a day...if I focus properly. .___.

IC:

Valen, having calmed only slightly from his previous rush of anger, couldn't help giving Kyoko a quizzical stare as the girl spoke up again. Restless spirits? Had the brat gone as nutty as Slythe? 'No...', he told himself sternly as the adrenaline began building up again, 'Don't think about Slythe, don't think about Slythe. Don't think at all, just breathe...breathe...' Fortunately, Kyoko had apparently had enough of being weird after her little proclamation, putting forth the quite reasonable plea of getting a day of recupation. Not wanting to risk losing control by focusing much on Slythe, the boy settled for merely stating in the man's general direction.

"I...would agree with that." he remarked, having to strain his voice to keep it sort of level, "A lot of people are still pretty worn from yesterday's incident."

Slythe, meanwhile, merely continued to smile, "Oh, but of course." he replied merrily, "One day's rest sounds quite acceptable. Even though I would of course prefer it if this matter was dealt with as fast as possible, it wouldn't do to run you all ragged. As for your worry, miss Kyoko..." he paused, maintaining his usual expression but now seeming to scrutinise the girl far more carefully than before, the positioning of his eyes giving the disturbing feeling that he was attempting to pinpoint something just a couple of inches beneath her skin and that the child-like face was getting in the way, "Surely you have grown out of believing in such fanciful things as spirits?" he said at last, "There are ghost pokémon, yes, but they are tiny gelatinous beings surrounded by gas or gas-like substances. Extaordinary, perhaps, but by no means supernatural. I assure you..." he reached out, seemingly ignoring Valen's hateful glare towards the outstreched hand as he patted Kyoko on the head in a distinctly patronizing way, "The dead are quite content to lie where they are."

Last edited:

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Ugh... just wanting you guys to know I'm still alive! XD I'm so sorry about disappearing again, but I had to go and injure myself while roller skating. Sprained a wrist and messed up some lovely muscles in my other arm, so I wasn't really able to type out any RP posts. ^^; Not to mention, with all the work I've been doing right now, I haven't had the time. My wrist and arm are feeling better now though, so expect some posties later today (or tonight for the Europe folks)! I'd do them right now, but PC is "Database Error"ing me to death! >_> That and I'm at work. *wink* ^-^;

EDIT: Zuu... I'm here to post! XD I must finish my sign-up for your RP Mika!

I must say, aside from my recent tumble at skating, my family has had the best stroke of luck this past week and a half! My brother's broken kneecap turned out to be a strange deformity that he had had since he was born that no one ever noticed (it won't hurt him, but can be mistaken as a fracture in X-rays), I've made some cool new friends at work, my brother adopted an adorable new cat named Sassy, I've gotten my parakeet to come out of his cage onto my finger, my parents got a great loan to pay off all of our current debt, and to top it all off we got a new car! (It's an '06 Chrysler PT Cruiser! And it's red! =D)

I swear it's been a frickin' roller coaster of emotion. @.@ Anywhoo, now that all that's done being dealt with... I think I'll take back my quiet life please. XD Y'know what else is a roller coaster of emotion? This RP! Poor all of our characters.

Reina
    -------------------

Reina was still standing as Slythe addressed her, her fists still clenched tightly. She had an urge to let out a bout of mirthless laughter at his comment. She, Reina Rookford, interested in fame? That was a laugh. She wasn't there for the fame or the money or the popularity; the only she reason she had joined the competition was to train up her pokemon and see where she stood with other trainers. She could have commented to him about her feelings, but then it would have been a lot harder to control the thoughts of hurting him that seemed to flooding her mind at the moment, so she remained silent.

It was then that she noticed that Valen had gotten to his feet as well. She briefly glanced at him with a curious expression. 'Why is he...?' she thought to herself, 'He almost looks angrier than me.'

She failed to notice Valen's silent attempt at murder, her thoughts were too focused on Slythe and his promises of information at the moment. What she did notice was that the boy was obviously angry on her part, and it made her anger die down a bit to know that he was concerned for her. When Slythe took notice of the boy though, she turned her glare back to him, anger flaring up in her again for quashing her only support with his words.

It took all of her might, but she forced herself back into the chair a moment after Valen sat down. The chair had somehow gotten even more uncomfortable than when she had previously been sitting in it, and she watched on in a very bad mood.

Kyoko then voiced some nonsense about disturbing spirits, and Reina almost rolled her eyes. 'Oh right,' she thought bitterly, 'Like Slythe would worry about ghosts and pokemon? That's the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard.' She was sure that Kyoko just wanted to see the man slip up, to hit on something that he hadn't thought of, to humiliate him in his moment of perfected manipulation; but Slythe would sooner hug a Zangoose than let himself be outdone by a little girl.

She did like the idea of some rest. Her hand still ached and now her head did from all of this anger and emotion. When Valen spoke up, she turned her head toward him, hoping to catch his gaze for a moment to let him know she wasn't about to fall apart. 'I'm sorry I let him get to me,' was what she wanted to say to him, but there was no way to do that at the moment. She was still angry though, and wanted more than anything to find out the truth of the matter, to see to it that whoever really did kill her mother was done away with in the most painful way possible.

"Fine by me," she said shortly, regarding Kyoko's suggestion. She wanted to get out of this gloomy office already.

Last edited:

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Nyuuu~ -evil cackle-

Alter, make Origin be PATIENT and wait til after my flute contest thingy mablober to get his post, kays? :3 I'll give you more coooooooookies~

-IC-

Oh she wanted to slap him. Or possibly maim him. Maybe, maybe she'd just dislocate that arm of his no more than two inches from her face just to hear the shady president scream like a small child. Another violent thought was telling her to aim the anger much lower but that, along with any other physical method, was quickly shoved under the table. Even though her mind, brain and twitching hand was telling her to give the bleepin' jerk what he really had coming for him, she'd most definately be forced to deal with Vincent again and fatty was not on her friendlist nor was he ever going to be. Quelling her anger as best she could, she inhaled deeply and exhaled twice as deeply as silently as one could before she opened her eyes and unwillingly stared into his. The pat, that patronizing, 'what a stupid little child' pat, had caused the feelings of rage but she hadn't had a look into his eyes until now. What little color could be seen in this bleak and disgusting room was now gone and, unable to express the sheer fear that this man had just shoved into her heart in words, she couldn't hold back a small feble whimper, followed by a light, child-like brush of his hand off her head. Once it was gone (And mentally hissed at) the girl stood up, shaking visibly to anybody who saw her in the candlelight, "I-is that all then? Because if it is, I have a really nasty headache and I want to go lie down." 'before I pass out...'

She looked about ready to faint. Something, something about this guy was screaming into the deepest parts of her soul and it wans't shutting up. Something was wrong very very wrong. Slythe was lying, she'd seen that very clearly in his little mind tormenting stare but, as he'd just said oh-so patronizingly, she was nothing but a foolish child who needed to grow up. The underlying message was simple: Nobody, and by nobody that meant anybody, was going to believe her. He was both confirming her suspiciouns and setting up the perfect defense to combat them.

[I'll post Rosarie when I get back]

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Melissa...both arms unusuable for typing? Now that's a lame excuse if I ever heard one, what do you think you've got those feet for, woman? >O Seriously, though, that sucks about your injuries. Glad to see you've mostly recovered. Also, that's great about your family's situation. Guess nature was just trying to demonstrate that it wasn't playing favourites through your accident, eh? I do agree that that's a rather uncanny series of lucky breaks your family got, but they're all well earned. ^-^

And yeah, I think roller coaster of emotion is about right. Dunno' about the other characters, but for Valen's part the ride is just starting. Ahh...just imagine all those lovely emotions when he just has to come clean about his Viper associations. Turbulent times ahead, I think. xD

IC:

Valen honestly didn't know what the heck was going on between Slythe and Kyoko, and quite frankly he didn't care to find out at the moment. It seemed obvious to him that the CEO was excercising some kind of psychological torment on the brat - and the shaking more than confirmed it to be efficient - but Valen just didn't have the strength - or, to be honest, very much motivation - to step in and try to put a stop to it, chosing instead to sit quietly where he was. Reina seemed to have calmed down a little, at least, and he decided to simply take comfort in that fact - trying to supress the feeling of failure over not having accomplished anything more as he waited for the tiresome dance of words to come to a close.

Slythe, meanwhile, was smiling like never before, apparently quite content with himself for reasons Valen didn't even want to begin deciphering. As Kyoko made her feeble request, the Viper leader simply smiled in return for a moment - probably relishing the subtle victory he had earned - before finally speaking up:

"Oh, I suppose that it is." he replied at last, apparently content with his little game of cat and mouse, "I have spoken my part and certainly wouldn't wish to delay you from your much-needed recupation any longer. Do feel free to stop by at the company infirmary if your headache persists." he offered in his most inviting tone, "For those of you who feel inclined to go through with the task I offered: I shall expect to see you all at the airport by 12 AM, the day after tomorrow. For those of you who have not given their consent..." he cast a sideward glance at Chain, Avery, and Cona, "...you have until then to come to a decision. I shall arrange for your prizes to be gathered at the reception, so you may inquire for them there. Now if you will excuse me, then..." he added, rising up from his chair and giving them all his friendliest smile, "I have preparations to make. I thank you all for your delightful company and wish you a good day." he nodded, indicating that they had all been dismissed, before turning around and walking towards the door at the back of the office, nonchalantly flicking the light switch back on as he left the room.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Just one. For one moment, one crack in Slythe's mask, once--and a falter so imperceptible, Chain found himself checking Valen's expression to confirm its existence. But, faint as it had been, that error had occurred, and that had given Chain what he wanted. Still, the hacker remained wary and alert as he answered, "Don't worry. I believe I understand. These situations can be rather complicated." He leaned back a little in his chair, as though withdrawing himself from the main flow of the conversation and moving himself into a position of observation.

At Kyoko's suggestion of a day of rest, Chain did not voice support, but neither did he argue against it. And when Slythe agreed to the terms, the dark-haired trainer felt considerable thankfulness--not enough for him to lower his guard, but enough for him to be fully aware of it. Chain's gold-tinged eyes turned toward Kyoko as Slythe lay a condescending hand on her head, his apparently indifferent expression masking his mental flinch as physical contact was made. Stay calm, Kyoko . . . We've all come too far and have too far to go to let him get to us now.

Though Kyoko did not respond with the violent notions her initial reaction had given her, by the time the event was over, her expression was reminiscent of one who had recently been hit by an Ice Punch. As Kyoko stood, trembling as she asked if she was free to leave, Chain watched in silence, knowing the invisible boundaries and unspoken rules that bound him while he remained in the room, preventing him from reacting. After a moment of savoring the situation, Slythe spoke, causing Chain to return his gaze to the CEO. Following a final set of instructions, Slythe dismissed those present and left the room, shattering the aura of tension as he flicked the lights on.

Chain remained silent for a long moment, merely watching the closed door Slythe had moved beyond seconds before. Finally the trainer stood, slipped his hands into his pockets, and strode toward the doors the group had entered the office through--removing one hand from a pocket only to open a door and allow him to step into the hall. "Let's go."

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Actually, I can pick up stuff with my feet. XD I can't write or type though. ^^;

Yeah, life ish weird. o.o

Reina
    ----------------

Kyoko seemed to be having a rough time with Slythe. Reina felt a small bit of sympathy, but it being Kyoko, and Reina still being in a bad mood, she declined to care. The redhead had so many things going through her mind at the moment, she just couldn't allow anymore. She wanted to get out of this place, and see the light of day again. She wanted to talk to Tabansi about all of the things that had happened and get his opinion on everything. She also wanted to eat something, because her stomach was beginning to growl, and it was just a little embarrassing.

Chain seemed to be observing everything silently, as usual. Reina briefly wondered if he ever wanted to scream at someone or just let his emotions fly out unaltered. After a moment of watching him though, Slythe began to speak up again and Reina turned her attention back to his ugly, smiling face.

He proceeded to do the thing that Reina had been waiting for-- dismiss them from his creepy office. At first Reina didn't move, wondering if perhaps it was some kind of joke or cheap trick, but when he had turned the lights on and left the room, it became apparent that this was indeed real.

Chain was the first to react, and as soon as he said his 'let's go', Reina rose up from her chair. She took a last glance at Slythe's empty desk, and noticed the innocent potted plant in the corner. The little plant seemed to be mocking her anger with its innocent look, and she had half a mind to kick the stupid pot over. She didn't do it, but instead glanced at Kyoko and Valen.

"Well that was a pleasant experience, what a wonderful person," she said dryly, "I agree with Chain, let's get out of here."

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Well, back when I had my right hand in a cast I had to learn how to pull the zipper of my winter coat without hands (I needed one to keep the two halves together xP), so yeah: life is strange and so are the skills you pick up during it. :3

IC:

"Yes, Slythe sure is...something else." Valen remarked, slowly falling into his usual manner much like Reina had, the peculiar spell of the darkened room with the flickering lights now broken, revealing nothing more than the average loathably dull office. Wholeheartedly agreeing with the notion of getting out of the place, he simply gave a silent nod and rose up from the chair once more, stretching his tired limbs to get rid of the stiffness that the tense sitting had inflicted on them.

"I agree." he remarked to no-one in particular as he walked over to the door, "The sooner we get out of here the better." then, acting on some vague notion of group unity, he added a remark over his shoulder at Kyoko and Rosairie, "Coming, skirt division? I seem to recall someone wanting to take a lie-down, and I don't think this is a particularly nice place for that."

Okay, so maybe he thought of them as a group of sorts, that didn't mean he had to adress them all nice and polite, did it? Valen certainly didn't think so as he stepped out into the hallway, "Anyone who hasn't come across the hallway in the next five minutes is going to have to wait for the next elevator!" he announced over his shoulder, nonchalantly walking over to the afforementioned device, pressing the call button and leaning against the wall as he waited for the elevator to arrive from whatever floor it was currently lagging at.

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Yay for a new page~!

-squeaks- Alter, please let whinners people in Alarayne who may be unhappy with the lack of posts know that I've got a nasty little research paper first-draft due on monday and that's got to be done before I can write it up? Thanks much~

Also, I hope you don't mind my little setting demands. ^-^

-IC-

Thank the heavens for the built in navigation system in her poke-gear. Somehow she'd managed to get a map of this blasted city and, after locating what she was apparently looking for, she stood up and pushed through the crowd, taking the stairs in exception to the elevator. Biting down on her lip, she paused at the little pokemon box on the first street-level floor she came across and deposited all her pokemon aside from her Espeon and her Shuppet and with a rub to her forehead, skittered out (Headache in tow) to the location she was searching for which just happened to be the only bloody shrine in the city. It wasn't massive but it had the traditional gate and a separate building for prayer and what not. Spying the shrine's adjacent holy tree, she slipped underneath it (after paying the penance and ringing the Chimeco-sounding bell) and tucked her legs up snug against the strong rough bark of the tree. With her bag beside her, she fished out her shuppet's poke ball and released it with a soft sigh. Smiling softly, she settled down for a light nap, unable to prevent a few tears from slipping from her eyes. 'Onii-chan… I don't know what to do…'

The caretaker just smiled and went back to his sweeping. It wasn't often that such young people came to these shrines anymore. They flocked to places like WaiWai, turning to technology and advancements and forgetting all of the old ways unless those old ways did something for them that increased their political or physical power. Such a child like Kyoko… was seemingly unheard of nowadays. He would watch her from a distance and perhaps, when she woke up, she would fancy a conversation with such an old man.

Perhaps she would return to wherever she came from.

---

"Please… don't tell anyone where I'm going okay? I… don't want to be made fun of anymore. It's okay, really. They can think I'm a stupid child or an ignorant fool or whatever they want to think… I just want to get out for awhile…kay? And… and please give this to Valen without any trouble? If he rips it up or something like that, it's okay… just ask him to read it?"

She'd never seen Kyoko like this. She'd known the girl for little under a week and this calm-tempered almost unbearably lonely looking girl was not the girl she'd met and somewhat adopted. She'd clasped both of Rosairie's cold hands into her own, shaking them lightly as she pleaded her little case, pressing a piece of folded paper into them. She'd winked as best she could and without another word, half staggered half walked out of the room and before Ro could reach out and touch the fading wisps of pink hair, they were halfway down the hallway.

Valen…. Something he'd said or done must've caused this, must've caused the girl's sudden behavioral change and she'd had just about enough of it. Closing her fist around the small parchment, she gathered herself together and almost haughtily stormed out of the confrence room and, once they were in the safety of the hallway, prodded Valen's shoulder til the boy turned and before he could issue any sort of complaint against her actions, slapped him as hard as a 'Daddy's Princess' could slap a male. Her hands lowering to her side, she stared directly into his eyes, "I don't know what that child sees in you. I don't understand it nor do I really like it but I do know one thing. She looks up to you, she looks up to you to the point I want to puke. What do you do? You beat her around with your words and actions like she's nothing more than a pup and you don't think it means a bloody thing. Tsch." She shoved the semi-crumpled letter into his hands and with an audble humph, she turned to head towards the elevator, "You don't care who you hurt, do you? As long as you win, you don't care who you hurt."

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Hi Mika! :3 This might just be being picky, but wouldn't that part with Valen turning around be a little too close to bunnying? We wouldn't want Alter to combust now, would we? XD

Reina
    ----------------

The redhead had to stifle a giggle when Valen had called the other two girls the 'skirt division'. She had exited the room as soon as Valen had made his way down the hallway, following behind him in a way that surely someone like Rosairie would have made fun of. Had Reina actually liked skirts, then it would have seemed like a cute name, but she didn't, and she knew Valen was poking fun at them. However, this moment of mental satisfaction was stopped short by Kyoko running out of the room looking quite unlike her usual, annoying self.

Reina almost rolled her eyes. Was every girl a pathetic weakling? Would they all just stand around weeping and worrying while something went terribly wrong instead of getting angry, or getting back? It was something Reina found repulsing, and yet she couldn't help but feel sorry for the pink-haired child. No one deserved to be that badly shaken by Slythe not even--

Slap! Reina's thoughts were suddenly interrupted by the sound of a slapping hand. The girl turned around to see that Rosairie had, once again, slapped Valen.

"Hey back off Rosairie!" she said angrily as she took a few quick steps toward the two of them. She paused to hear what the pink-clad girl had to say, and then shook her head with a frown.

Before she could stop herself, before she could think it through, she found herself butting into the situation. "What are you talking about? Win? Win what?" she snapped at the girl, folding her arms. She couldn't believe this, that Rosairie couldn't just leave the boy alone. Hadn't they all had enough for one day?

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Well, seeing as I let a minor bunnying occur in Alarayne... I don't think he'll mind. x3 besides, I didn't want to break it up into two posts (Lest I lose the momentum) and it's onnnly a little slap. :3 Besides, it's the first time I've done something 100% Rosairie!

And... yeah. XD;; I have a paper to write. -skitters off-

Sorreh for the pointless OoC Alter. DX But I had to makenzhi thish clear!

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Urgh...what's with the PC database?! It's been erroring ever since Sunday and ate my post...twice. <.<

As for the powerplay thing...dun' worry, I'm running this by the unfair rule of I'll let it slip if it amuses me, and that post was pure Rosairie so it's a-okay. :3 Seriously, though, you've got a bit of a bad habit in that turning around bit, Mika, and it wasn't really even called for in this instance since Valen was already leaning agains the wall, meaning that he was already facing their way. In fact, the turning around is almost illogical because - in order to tap him on the shoulder - Rosairie would have had to squeeze herself in between the wall and Valen, and something tells me she wouldn't do that.

Anyway, care to elaborate on the Alarayne powerplay? I don't recall doing anything like that. o.O At least, I haven't done anything in the class of 'turn around, push against the wall and throttle without any chance of reaction'. *Cough*Mika*Cough*

IC:

Slap.

If there was one thing Valen didn't have the patience for right now it was a slap, even one so weak and futile that it was barely even felt. Very close to slaps on Valen's list of things he didn't wish to experience at the moment were hysterical females and moral lectures, and Rosairie just so happened to have provided all three in one go while at the same time managing to stuff in the most absurd statement of the day. Kyoko looking up to him? The boy felt like repeating this in his most sarcastic tone, accompanied by a loud, sceptical snort. Yes, that hospital incident certainly proved precisely how much the brat looked up to him and as far as Valen was concerned the feeling was mutual.

And so what if Kyoko - against all evidence and common sense - did look up to him? Valen had never maintained any pretense of being a role model and certainly had no interest in competing with Rosairie for the title of 'nee-chan' like the clueless bimbo of a girl seemed to be thinking. As if he, Valen, would ever want some frail little mewling of a girl to trail after him like a lost puppy in some misguided bid for acceptance. Why the very thought was- Valen suddenly flinched without any apparent reason, as if suffering some kind of late reaction to the slap. It was not Rosairie's frail little assault on him that had caused it, though; no, it was the thoughts that had been stirred somewhere at the back of Valen's unexplored and probably quite unhealthy mind; that same flash of indefinite memory that had struck him several times before on that day - not so much a memory as a sensation of familiarity, of having experienced something very similar before, and just like before, his little moment of déja vu ended almost as soon as it began.

Fortunately - at least from Valen's point of view - Reina had interfered shortly after Rosairie's little show, accompanied by enough decibels to draw most of the unwanted attention from the somewhat disoriented boy. To Valen, this was a new feeling...to actually have someone else standing up for him. In fact, he couldn't recall that happening since...well, Seirini, and there was something alltogether new - although definitely pleasant - about recieveing such help from another human being, particularly Reina, that Valen actually noticed his anger subsiding a bit. Instilled with this strange semi-calm, he took a moment to formulate his response before speaking up.

"Probably whatever peculiar 'nee-chan' contest she think we're in." the boy remarked sarcastically in response to Reina's question, casting a dismissive glance in Rosairie's direction, "What I'd like to know is what you expect me to do with this." he held out the crumpled note that had been forced on him, his passive glance shifting towards a glare again, "I already told you; I'm not playing delivery boy for that brat."

Mika

もえじゃないも
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2013
    -OoC-

Hmph. >> Well if you didn't make Valen such a pain in the rear end I wouldn't need to bring about such amazing turn arounds. v_v

And honestly, I misunderstood your post. o.O; I thought Valen was in a much different position than he turned out to be. Bloooonde moment ftw! If you want me to fix it, I can just have her walk over and slap him. XD; Up to you.

I'll also get up an Eska post later today Alter. :3 -finally has free time-

-IC-

She wanted to slap him again but then again, he might hit back. The more she was around him, the more she began to doubt he was the type of guy who found hitting women repulsive. Prehaps even, Valen wouldn't have to think twice to smack a baby that accidently crossed his path. He was the worst type of individual the world could imagine and she knew that he didn't deserve Kyoko's attention (Not that she'd change her mind; that girl was more stubborn than a Stantler when it came to such things) to the slightest of any extent. While she didn't like it... she'd made a promise to Kyoko and there was nothing on this earth that was going to prevent that from coming true.

Sure, the two had had their run ins but, at least from what Rosairie's mind could gather, Valen bared a striking resemblance to someone Kyoko thought the world of. Maybe, maybe that's why she tried so hard to get his attention. She was, after all, the only person in this little group he showed any real one-sided aggression towards. True, he and Rosairie didn't get along but it was a mutal hatred of sorts. Kyoko really didn't bare any harsh feelings towards the boy, her outburst before was just frustration. Nobody, not a soul in the universe, likes to be left out of things because people believe it's 'over their head', especially when the topic of discussion is something intriquing.

Then, then Reina had to speak. The world had already lost a good deal of kittens due to the tounge of that wench and now it had just lost another. Rosairie, who normally didn't have a temper, was now quickly losing her cool and if reina didn't watch it, she'd have a mark on that pretty little face of hers. However, for the moment at least, she turned on her designer heels and faced the two of them. "Back off?" her arms crossed her chest in a defiant stance, "So you can torment someone half your size with no consequences? Puh-lease"

"No Valen, you don't understand and while that's probably a first for you, try and pick your ego up off the floor." she rolled her eyes dramatically, "That letter isn't for Vincent, it's addressed to you. However, since you're too good for a letter of apology and a request for forgiveness, I can take it back." She reached out her hand and, as her volume levels plummeted, her eyes narrowed sternly, "If you want to stoop so low as to reject the heartfelt apology that, in my opinion you really don't deserve, well, that's your choice." But, it would be good to note that if he did give the note back, she'd probably smack him again. Her eyes were that furious, "It wouldn't take that long you know and although you want your stupid beauty sleep, which, by the look of your face and those bags under your eyes, you desperately need, but I think you could take a few moments to read it; it's not going to kill you nor is it going to take several hours to dechiper."

Rosairie couldn't waste much time here regardless; Kyoko had gone off without her pokegear so there was no way to find her easily which meant a royal trek around the city. If only she could slap Slythe.... then maybe she'd finally snap out of this horrible mood she was in. (Then again, she liked not having a crimminal record)

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: *Dead inside*

Ten hours of Physics...

I kid you not, I've been doing nothing but Physics, eating, and attending to natural bodily processes from 10 AM today to about twenty minutes ago (That's 10 AM to 8:30 PM). Finals tomorrow, so wish me luck, please? I'd like to think that I've worked enough to earn that much.

Also, I managed to spectacularly fail my driver's exam practical a couple of days back. Would you believe I managed to get five 'excellent's on the report only to be fluked for instance of dangerous driving? It takes a special talent to do that.

Anyway, IC tomorrow, hopefully...I doubt I have the time or energy to get anything presentable together today. If things turn out otherwise, you'll see an edit here. n_n

Oh, and speaking of edits...I'm all for the one to your post, Mika, but it's not really a make or break thing. ^^

Light_Azumarill

Danny Phantom!
    Years
    OOC: Aww, good luck Alter! Though, you're probably done by now considering it's nighttime where you are. XD Physics is hard and physics tests are not fun (then again, what tests are?).

Anyway, Rosairie's so funny. ^-^ Just thought I'd say that. Reina wouldn't care about the kittens though; she's more of a dog person, really. XD

Reina
    ------------------

"Torment?" Reina echoed to Rosairie, feeling her temper rising quickly, "The only torment's in her own head! I didn't do anything to precious, little Kyoko. I was even willing to let her stay on me in Slythe's stupid office. Oh yeah, loads of torment there! I won't say I've been perfect, but there's no way it's as bad as you make it out to be." The girl was really out of her girly little mind. She thought this was torment? Puh-lease herself! Reina had experienced much worse in her short lifetime than Kyoko and Rosairie combined. That much she was sure of.

There was a nagging thought in the back of her head that said she was just being stubborn again; that she had no idea what those two girls had gone through and that she could be dead wrong about them both.

As this thought gave her a small sting of guilt, Reina glanced at Valen, wondering if they would be better off just leaving. Maybe she'd wait for the next lift so that she wouldn't have to be stuck in a tiny space with Rosairie. She really just wanted to get away from Slythe's creepy office... which suddenly struck her with another thought that was voiced without hesitation.

"The real torment was in there you know," she said in a quieter voice, pointing at Slythe's office, "I don't know about you, but I'd rather be directing my anger at someone else right now." This was true, as she really was in a very bad mood, much like Rosairie, because of Slythe. Though, she was handling it well until she heard the girl's hand connect with Valen's face. Hitting her only friend was probably not the best thing to do for her mood.

'Yeah Rosairie,' she thought to herself, 'It is possible that I hate someone else more than you or Kyoko. You two skirts don't make up the whole world.'

Last edited:

Alter Ego

that evil mod from hell
    Years
    OOC: Nyu, thanks. And yeah, I'm done with the first two papers now, but the third is still ahead. o.o It felt like I did well on the first, but I totally botched electrical circuits on the second. Stupid e.m.f. >.< Oh well, hope they balance out. And at any rate, it's over, which is always a good thing.

Oh, and I do agree that Rosairie is being funny...if in a slightly hysteric way. xD

IC:

As Rosairie spoke on - ascending even further on her moral high horse while simultaneously making even less sense than before - Valen grew increasingly more annoyed with her. What the heck had gotten into the skirt-clad dimwit? She seemed to have gone from uncharacteristically quiet to annoyingly rash to raving holier-than-thou moralist all in the course of what could surely not have been more than a couple of hours. Had he been more of a good samaritan, the boy might have understood that Rosairie was a bit rattled at the moment, but Valen had never been known for being particularly considerate, and to top if off he was still in one hell of a bad mood and certainly had no patience for hysteric females, especially ones with attitude problems. The truth about the note had done little to improve his mood either, especially since it was accompanied by the blonde's pitiful attempt at being witty. To him? Valen simply had no idea of how to react to this. Part of him just wanted to take that wretched little note and tear it to shreds, preferably in front of the dim brat who had written it, in the hopes that Kyoko would finally get the message and leave him alone. But the other...Valen groaned inwardly, of all the times to develop a loud and annoying conscience...

"No." the boy replied bluntly, his fingers slowly closing around the note and tucking it away - for he would certainly not reveal its contents with Rosairie peeking over his shoulder, "That's called a 'straight answer', by the way." he added, "You could try giving one sometime, it saves a lot of needless hassle. Now if you're quite done with your little display of self-righteous indignation, might I suggest that you keep your mouth shut on the way down?" he nodded towards the elevator, which had just announced its arrival with a cheerful 'ping', "Maybe have some of that beauty sleep you mentioned. Seeing as how you see a need to hide your face behind a constant mask of makeup, you probably need it a lot more than me."

Okay, Valen concluded for himself as he stepped into the elevator, that last comment had been a bit out of line, but by the boy's standards that had actually been a fairly civil response. Well, at least it had been non-violent, which - considering his mood, which had probably been quite well reflected in his glare - was the best that could be hoped for under the current circumstances. Hopefully the daft blonde would discover whatever sorry excuse for intelligence she posessed and keep quiet. Reina was right, there were others far more deserving of his hate than that pampered little rich girl and her clingy complement.

Kogenta

Lost Realist
    Years
    Had he not been so drained by the meeting with Slythe or preoccupied with thoughts of how to unlock the folder Circuit--who had yet to be returned to him--had retrieved, Chain might have considered intervening sooner. Whether due to Slythe-induced discomfort, or merely as an escalation of their previous hostilities, Rosairie was currently involved in a rather spiteful argument with Valen and Reina that included her once slapping Valen across the face. Valen's reaction to this was, Chain noted, somewhat peculiar and interestingly non-violent. Such a physical attack would not have been the cause of Valen's momentary flinch, though simple physical contact with Rosairie could have provided an suitable substitute for strength. Still, some aspect of Valen's reaction seemed somehow odd. As the verbal battle resumed, however, Chain was given no further opportunity to consider this, finding new information to process.

Looking slowly from person to person, Chain finally stepped into the elevator without a word, the only part of his features remaining fully undimmed and unquieted his eyes. A week would be more suited to my tastes, but one day to unlock the folder is better than nothing. Then there's everyone else . . . Right now, I'm not even sure where Kyoko's run off to, but her absence has hardly made the others more agreeable toward one another. If I'm fortunate, maybe they won't kill each other until we reach the ground floor. Chain leaned against the back of the elevator, silently sorting through his thoughts and taking in a gentle breath. Maybe I'm starting to get too involved in this, but it's too late to back out now--completely, anyway. Besides, if things work out . . . His eyes closed. I need time alone. I will not have much, but hopefully it will be enough. For now, however, I have the situation here to deal with. I don't want to start another fight with this one beginning to calm a little, but they'll probably start an argument later anyway, and this needs to be dealt with.

Waiting until the elevator doors had closed and trapped its occupants inside, Chain straightened, lifted his gaze, and spoke. "We need to talk."

Last edited:

Charon

unscrupulous~
    Years
    {ooc| Heya, guys!
    Wooooah, long time no see. The roleplay bored is crawling, eh? It's a great thing, it seems PC is really alive and kicking!

I just thought I'd say I'm doing pretty good. In fact, I don't think I've ever been happier... (:
    I always get kinda worried when a friend goes on hiatas because, like, something terrible could happen and you'd never know. Dun dun dun! So... I thought I'd post. Yis.

Anyway. I got into college fine, and I've had three exams so far. ICT, Humanities and Art, with the last being a TEN HOUR practical exam. It was naaaaaasty. Still got fifteen more papers to sit, ouch!
    ICT was hilarious though. One of the questions actually was, 'what hardware is best for capturing an image?' and we had a choice of scanner, printer, cd-rom or digicam! I almost laughed out loud.
    My final exam is on the 15th June! How exciting! I do miss this place terribly. It's been so weird, almost like a phone line's been cut or something. I stopped roleplaying everywhere so it's been veeeery odd. I'm gonna try and come back once I'm done with education for this summer.
    I hope you guys are all doing good too. The world's a pretty amazing place; I hope it's treating you wonderful people suitably!

Charon}

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back