• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen And... Action!

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
  • In Virbank City, you're not only just battling Roxie, the Gym Leader in town, you're also given a chance of taking part of filming (yes, literally) in-game, inside of PokéStar Studio. Do you enjoy it? Do you have any favorite PokéStar Studio films, and do you manage to get a twisted and strange ending?

Sefuree

Canada Goose
    Years
  • I hated that feature! I never ever use it! I really don't like how the game forces you too do it the first time you enter.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Bitches I love PokeStar Studios. It's my favorite battle-alternative thing in the main series. I've completed all the movies with good endings twice, and am now going for getting strange endings for all the movies. I like how it's a little battle puzzle thing, and while none of them are writing gold they still have a few interesting stories. My favorite movie series are Mystery Doors of the Magical Land, Ghost Erasers, Brycen-Man, and Full Metal Cop. My least favorite ones are Timegate Traveler, Everlasting Memories, and The Giant Woman.

I will admit that it's not perfect; it adheres to the battle system a little more than it needs to. But that's why I want it to return in future games, so they can fix up the couple of issues with it and improve it. And just imagine what might be possible to do with the 3DS's hardware, and the movies in Gen VI graphics!

@everyone who's gonna come in this thread and complain about it forcing you to make a movie:
    1) The games still force us to watch the how to catch a Pokemon tutorial even though most of us don't need it
    2) You can seriously just mash A for a few minutes and do something else and you'll get through it. You don't have to do the movie right or anything.

She_Delphox

Delphox used Mystical Fire!
    Years
  • Omg this... feature, I didn't like it all that much... I hate how the game forces you into trying this thing, usually I would go with that as soon as I could to get this over with, and continued the actual story... I actually never bothered to attend the other movies... Maybe I should just for finishing purposes, :P

Years
  • I did do some of the Pokestar Studios films, and it is very fun you can watch your finished project and see how it turns out. Sadly I got stuck on that one which had you up against Sabrina (yeah that Psychic Gym Leader from Kanto playing a character in one of the films) and a Swoobat. Always kept losing on that, leading to a bad ending and that's what caused me to give up from there.

It is still a very interesting and fun concept for a sidequest in Pokemon games.

Years
  • Even with the tutorial early on (which really, I never minded even then), I surely had fun playing around in Pokéstar Studios. The films might have been nothing but short works, but they were still enjoyable to do. I remember getting good endings on all of them in my main White 2 version and doing the last one, Brycen-Man Strikes Back Harder. One day i'll get the strange endings on all of them...

I remember in one of the Brycen-Man movies where you can ask Brycen-Man if he needs to use the bathroom. That was so funny xP

Years
  • Never visited it again after they force you to do it the first time. I found it to be boring and pointless. They could have done it better.

Sun

When the sun goes down...
    Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2017
    The scene are great, I was thinking it would be great if our battle scenes are just as beautiful as the PokéStudio backdrops. Most of the soundtrack there are repetitive, but they are still good.

Sadly the studio isn't memorable, just like Pokémon Musical. Nevertheless I'm still praising Game Freak for trying their best to create these things.

Years
  • You have to admit that while I never attempted much of Pokestar Studios after that one forced first visit, I do love all the cool costumes your trainer gets to wear in the movies. My fave one for sure has to be the Prince and Princess one, Rosa (the female protagonist) in particular looks so cute with that dress.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    I do love all the cool costumes your trainer gets to wear in the movies. My fave one for sure has to be the Prince and Princess one, Rosa (the female protagonist) in particular looks so cute with that dress.
    These are great =D
    B2W2_Rosa_Pok%C3%A9star_Royalty.png
    B2W2_Rosa_Pok%C3%A9star_Ninja_2.png
    B2W2_Rosa_Pok%C3%A9star_Heroine.png

tho I never really cared for these 2 outfits:
    B2W2_Rosa_Pok%C3%A9star_Scientist.png
    B2W2_Rosa_Pok%C3%A9star_Captain.png

Winter

[color=#bae5fc][font="Georgia"]KAMISATO ART: SOUME
    Years
  • The costumes were great. The themes were a hit. The stories were decent but nothing to pick apart, and I do love battling those weird enemies like that one starship (wonder if the Trainer ID was NickiMinaj). I never got a strange ending though. Maybe I have but couldn't tell.

This makes me wanna revisit PSS and see what films I can churn out. /hopefulAlistinthemaking

Back