• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen And Your Name Is...?

εcho.

The silver ninetales
Years
  • I usually just pick a name that I think it cool and pretty in the moment. I tend to prefer short names too.
    I'm currently playing through my Y version with the name "Evey" and I might reuse it for ORAS.

Sceptile90

The Master of YamiNoGames
    Years
  • I'm a little bored of using my real name (Brendan), so I'll just end up picking whatever the default name is for the male character in ORAS. Now if only I knew what that's going to be...

Lol. The default name for the male protagonist IS Brendan. I'm serious. Look it up, I played the games about 20 times, so if you don't believe Me, go on Bulbapedia.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
    Years
  • Well he does have the other options given such as Sean and Landon in the list of names the games allows us to choose from in the originals (if we don't pick the default or type it in).

I will proably go with Ruby. Or Rey (King, which is fitting if anyones knows the nickname of my birthstone aka Ruby).

jombii

[FONT=Franklin Gothic Medium][SIZE=4][COLOR=#00b05
    Years
  • I never pick the default name. It feels bland. I've been naming my character J for simplicity's sake for the past two games I played, so I think I'll just continue the trend.

Years
    • Seen Jan 5, 2018
    I would like to use the japanese characters but you need to play on the japanese language to use them. I wanted to name some pokemons with japanese names using symbols but they don'T show in the english language. And I don't feels like playing the whole game in japanese either.

Years
    • Seen Jan 3, 2017
    I would like to use the japanese characters but you need to play on the japanese language to use them. I wanted to name some pokemons with japanese names using symbols but they don'T show in the english language. And I don't feels like playing the whole game in japanese either.
    It's probably not worth the expense, but if you can change your game's language with a PowerSave device maybe you could get that opportunity? The games are at least capable of reading Japanese characters even if it doesn't let you use them.

Years
  • Because I play as May in Hoenn, I usually name my character any girl name I like at the time; right now I think it'll be Adison, but still subject to change. If I end up buying Omega Ruby as well as Alpha Sapphire, I'll play as the male in OR and name him after myself, Troy. That's what I normally do, but I change it up for Hoenn games d:

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen today
    Fortunately I've settled on a pair of names for my characters in Pokemon now, so picking a name this time will be easy. In ORAS I'll go with the name Elsa. In Y I used Stella.

But the problem now is going to be picking names for subsequent playthroughs.....

Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2016
    As Always,I'm going to use the name Hourna even though Brendan is 2 letters different from my real name.

Belldandy

[color=teal][b]Ice-Type Fanatic[/b][/color]
    Years
  • Being female, I'll be choosing May and naming my character Irène as per usual. I like to see my Pokemon tagged with my actual name. My second cartridge, which I don't think I'll get this time around (have X & Y after all) is usually named Belldandy.

Back