• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Android or Apple/Samsung or Iphone

diab_low

All men live, only few exist.
Years
  • Hi People. If u either have a android phone or an apple phone or a Samsung galaxy or the I phone here is the place to say what is the better of the two. I have the Samsung galaxy s2.I call it Andy with ICS and not a prob. but me Bro has the iPhone and he gets slot of problems.
    My verdict Samsung and Android(Andy) has taken over IPhone is just not that anymore. plus android is way more reliable
    plz feel free to object everyone has. their own views

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Years
  • I prefer android myself, I just like the variety you can get with it and how easy it is to put things like music and videos onto the device without having to have any additional software involved (iTunes).
    I don't agree however when people say that one or the other doesn't have problems, because both of them do. I've also got an iPod touch, which I know isn't the same but it's close enough, and I've experienced just as many bugs and glitches that I've had with my android phone. Both of them have their moments when they want to slow down, or when they want to crash and insist on rebooting when you're in the middle of a song/text.
    I think that it depends on what the persons preferences are on phones and such. Androids offer more customisability straight from the box, whereas an iPhone you'd need to jailbreak it and such to be able to customize the phone. So a person who likes stability and simplicity in a device would probably go with an iPhone.

Cordelia

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Nov 21, 2014
    I have a Samsung Galaxy II-S Epic Touch 4g from Sprint and it blows away every iPhone I've ever seen. The screen is so much larger and the phone has more capabilities than Apple's handicapped OS allows. I feel like I have complete freedom with my phone compared to if you jailbreak and iPhone, you're boned.

Lt. Col. Fantastic

The Arianator
    Years
  • Don't know about phones, but Galaxy Tab 10.1 is waaaay better than iPad 2. But I haven't used an iPad 3, so I'm not sure about that one.

Years
    • Seen Jun 25, 2012
    iPhone for me all the way, great phone, great apps, you need to pay for some apps and some are free, unbeatable touch technology, I've used HTC/Samsung galaxy counter parts to the iPhone 4/4s but hands down, screen resolution/touch is far better on the iPhone. IMO.

diab_low

Years
  • iPhone for me all the way, great phone, great apps, you need to pay for some apps and some are free, unbeatable touch technology, I've used HTC/Samsung galaxy counter parts to the iPhone 4/4s but hands down, screen resolution/touch is far better on the iPhone. IMO.

The good thing bout apple is that u only need a iTunes card to buy apps. But with android u hav 2 use a credit card,

Years
  • The good thing bout apple is that you only need an iTunes card to buy apps. But with android you have to use a credit card.

I always thought using a card was more convenient than having to go out and buy a card every time you want to buy an app. Plus even if you don't have a credit/debit card you can still buy apps through the amazon store and use their cards.

diab_low

Years
  • I always thought using a card was more convenient than having to go out and buy a card every time you want to buy an app. Plus even if you don't have a credit/debit card you can still buy apps through the amazon store and use their cards.

I've tried with the load and go visa credit card and my Commonwealth debit MasterCard and it still didn't work some thing got 2do with Google wallet

countryemo

Kicking against the earth!
    Years
  • The great debate...haha.

My first smartphone was the Droid 3 (So I started with a pretty high-end phone at the time) now I moved onto the Droid 4. (Yeah, sorry Samsung)
    But both of the platforms have their benifets, except iOS is getting stale. C'mon Jellybean :)
    I prefer Android's customization and functionality over Apple's simplicity.
    But Moiz hassame great points that most apps are devolped for iOS only, but the lines starting to smooth over and even Android is getting some exclusives that arnt on the Appstore. But Androids mainly free, and most of Apples in 99cents.
    And about the touch...I never liked Samsungs, it always seemed hard to use. Motorolas is as smooth as the iPhone (Touch screen wise)

Years
    • Seen Dec 16, 2022
    I own a low end android phone and a ipod touch, and overall I prefer my android overall, mainly due to the customizability of it. Plus, most of the apps you can get on it don't cost a dime at all. The big issue with android though is that most cheap phones lack compatibility to big apps, so you will get more apps the more powerful the phone is. Overall I prefer android, especially as it give you a lot of value for your money. If you want to have the best music and compatibility however, the iPhone is in another league compared to all android devices.

Years
  • I've had very little problems with my iPhone. And yes the simplicity is something enjoy, being a loser when it comes to handling technology haha. I never cared that you had to go through iTunes every time you wanted to sync something.

On the other hand I've never even touched an Android phone, so I have l no idea what it's capabilities or faults are.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
  • People all say the iPhone is more simple but I always find it horribly confusing when I pick one up. D: I have my brother's old iPod Touch so I have a bit of experience with iOS but I try to avoid it because it's "too simple". Seriously, only one button? :( That sounds simple but it means everything becomes needlessly complicated because to my knowledge, there's no standard in apps. No standard back button that typically does the same thing in any app, no menu button that brings up the menu or further option in every app, etc. Yeah, most apps have these things but they're built into the app's UI and not every developer will follow the same standard. Maybe some people find this appealing but I always just feel lost when trying to do anything in iOS. I never know what/where to press and based on this alone, I don't think I could ever use an iPhone or iPod Touch as my main phone/media player.

I've had an HTC Desire for a year and a half now and I still love it to pieces. It took a very long time for me to have any sort of issue with Android. One thing I admire about iOS that Android doesn't do is proper memory allocation for apps. I have tons of space on my phone but I get "low on space" notices all the time because I believe the Android allocates only about ~150 MB of space to the applications folder and warns you when it gets to 10%. You can install a lot of 3rd-party apps to your SD card which allieviates the problem but a lot of the biggest apps I have installed (Flash Player, Google Maps, etc.) can't be moved. In order to allocate more space to this folder I have to root my phone which most people say you don't have to do on Android. :/ As far as I know, Apple lets you use the entirety of your Phone/iPod's space with Apps so there aren't any restrictions like this.

But on the whole, I have no problems with Android and I'm so happy with my choice.

quilzel

net start w3svc
    Years
  • I have been an Android user since the first Droid. I came from blackberry. I have use an iPhone a couple of times, once where I use to work, but I could never really get use to it. I currently have a Galaxy Nexus. The Screen was ridiculously huge compared to my old phone, it took about 30 minutes to get used to it. Now my old phone feels so tiny. I love my phone.

The thing that has always frustrated me with Android, or I should say that I envy about Apple users is the huge available of after market products for iStuff. Apple products usually have their own isle in most stores of accessories that fit their device. Android users don't get the same treatment.

Nomine

サトセレ
    Years
  • I prefer Android over Apple. I have both an iPhone and an Android device, and I prefer my Android device. My Android device is not a Samsung however, it is an HTC. Customizing is much easier on an Android device. The features of Ice Cream Sandwich make Android a tad more superior to the Apple iOS. As to Samsung or iPhone, I prefer Samsung. The Galaxy line is one of my favorite lines of phone. The Galaxy S3, in my honest opinion, wins over iPhone 4/4S. Let's see what happens with the iPhone 5 though! All that said, I prefer HTC over both of those companies. I have an HTC One X, myself.

Last edited:

Kura

twitter.com/puccarts
    Years
  • To be honest I am a n00b with smartphones. I used to have a Palm Pre which I LOVED to bits, but it doesn't work here in the UK..

I really dislike the fact that it seems harder to put pictures and music and ringtones onto an iphone.. so that's why I'd say Android but.. I wouldn't know anything about which Android i would actually prefer.

TRIFORCE89

Guide of Darkness
    Years
  • Both are a great platforms. The differences are subtle. You can't really go wrong either way.

Every second iPhone is a great (like the "S"s, when the iron out the bugs and add some features). And the Galaxy line is some damn fine hardware

Years
    • IL
    • Seen Jan 12, 2013
    I was a iPhone user up to the iPhone 4 then I switched to Android. Reason is that I want to have total control of my phone. I was getting tired of Apple's locked down ecosystem, plus I hated using iTunes.

Back