• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Angela's Evolution of Popcorn Tour....

Angela

Aristocracy
Years
  • Oh thank you :D *Huggles*

So newest banner.. :D

onmyown.png

Years
  • Banner update... Comment on it please.. :D

Bub.png

I love this. It's not annoyingly overly blurry or anything. Though the black-to-purple in the background doesn't seem to have that certian 'flow' all in all it's very good!

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
    Years
  • Wow, this is great ^^ the Pink banners are simply marvelous in colour and the effect {note: I'm a fan of Pink XD} the Cleffa banner is simply Adorable :3 and your latest Graphic is fantastic, Nice work!

Dukey

oh.my.gaskarth.
    Years
  • http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/onmyown.png

Regarding this, well, it has many issues.
    For a start it's monotone, the first thing I got drilled into my head by an old friend with a bucket of experience was never make a tag monotone.
    Secondly, your stock/render is much too far over on the left, I tend to split my tag into thirds and put it between one of them on the left or right, even then maybe a bit for centered.
    The background is way too blurry, there's depth and then there's just a bit too far, work on that.
    Monotone really kills this tag though.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/xxkaylabby.png

Your best tag to date. Although I hate the border I still think you did a good job.
    The difference between this tag and your others is that you haven't "strecthed" the stock or lowered the quality. That's something I've seen you do on more than one occasion. Here's a few examples of what I mean:
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/Untitled-445-3.png
    Low quality stock ^
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/KylieMinogue.png
    Stock looks gritty ^
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/Untitled-1-4.png
    Stock looks badly resized^
    http://i695.photobucket.com/albums/vv318/angela1992123/bla2.png
    This is the biggest example of bad resizing^
    That sort of thing, you should avoid. The stock quality is one of the most important aspects of banner/tag making.
    Back to the matter at hand though, I like that tag above as you've kept the quality of the tag, you've used some effects well such as the spiral renders and C4D's. You've put the Lens Flare/Lighting in the correct place. The flow is subtle though, could have went better with the focal but I guess you couldn't have done too much more with the style you had already pitched. Dislike the font but eh, at least it's not too in your face. Overall though, this is where you should kick off of. Try smaller tags though such as a 420w x 127h and see how that works for you, work with C4D's and a render there as I think you're starting to get the right idea, just need a little push in the right direction. Even take some more tutorials to show you how to work with C4D's better and how to really kick that flow up a notch.
    You're moving at a steady pace but keep in mind some of the things I said, don't worry about text too much and don't add in borders.
    I look forward to seeing your next works, just take heed of the advice given and use the talent you have and I'm sure you'll improve a lot.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Oh thank you so much for the comments. :D And wow so much feedback.. Ok so I tried to work with it.. So it did a non mono tone banner and I learned that one is suppose to hold shift when rescaling a render, did not know that before.. xD

So I followed a tut, it's a smudges banner. So it would be really nice if you could comment on this one as well, I mean is it better or? :D

serenity.png

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Hmm, I like everything on this latest tag except the most impotant part, the render. It's like you did very very little to make it work with the background.
    You did well with the BG to make it look more appealing but you didn't smudge the render? In my experiance on making a smudge tag the most important part is bleding the background in with the render and you didn't do that. Also there's a lack of flow, the flow should be going from left to right on this tag as that is the was her hair is going (due to wind which you could have made as such).
    I do see that you've put some smudge over her dress (on the right), I think, not too sure if that's part of the render, but that's as close as you did to actually blending her with the background.
    Now, a few good things I did notice was the fact that you managed to fill up some space in this tag without blurring the hell out of the background. You used some C4D's very subtley and some cloud renders maybe? They could also be brushes but either way it complements the tag well.
    You did well on the lighting to the left of her head but you've go lighting in at least three different places, all at opposite angles. The other two you added in which I wouldn't have done would be on the bottom left and to the right of the tag where the brushing is. Lighting should only come from one place and not three.
    As far as smudging goes it's a start but you didn't do much in the way of it, seems you just brushed in places and smudged it. Try blending the background with the render and not have smudging for the sake of smudging in certain places.
    But in saying that, an improvement. The text is also improving but could still use some work.

Last edited:

moments.

quixotic
    Years
  • Just because it is a smudge banner, a lot of people assume you go nuts with smudging.
    This is all fine as long as you smudge in the direction of flow! This is very important, because without doing it, you have no flow at all, unless you add C4Ds or something...
    You have smudged little blotches with no flow at all and it looks sloppy.
    The text is super meh, and I reckon would look better if it were gone.
    The smudging is super light in the middle, and creates alternate light sources which are inaccurate as mentioned above.
    Colours in the tag however are looking nicer, but still needs a lot of work.

Angela

Aristocracy
    Years
  • Thank you so much for your CnC and I hope this is better, I mean I tried to do better, with making the render blend more in, only one light source, making the colours match trying to smudges into the direction of the flow. :)

BOTW-2.png

shot571

i reckon your smudges banner looks pretty cool. but then again i dont know that much. and i like the one that you just posted. although i cant really offer much advice cos i cant do anything myself. lol. but good work

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2023
    Oh a new tag I see, alright let's have a look 8D
    First off I notice it's really big for a tag, I would recommend a smaller size next time such as what I recommended above.
    I think you've hit upon monotone again, see all that red on the left? Doesn't look well on the tag, no matter how much work you put in on the left of the tag it's just ruined by the blur of red, it's drowning it. If the BG was a different colour and you kept the flames around the weapon I think it may have been better but it's hard to make anything out. I can't really see the render, you've used too much lighting.
    Overall I can't comment on much else because monotone is killing it, try not to overuse one colour on a tag to the extent that you cant see what's going on. If you need to (wont work in this case though) Try new layer>image>apply image and set it to overlay at a certain level, brush where needed or increase contrast but in a less montoneous tag, it's very unclear I'm afraid.

Back