• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anger at inanimate objects

Years
    Right now I'm quite pissed at my printer because it won't print an all black text because its oh-so-important light cyan cartridge is empty*. My self control was just barely strong enough not to yell swear words around in a huge quantity, but still, I hate that damn thing.
    Googling "F--- YOU PRINTER"** showed me that I'm not the only person to get angry at things, in fact it turns out there have been people getting angry enough at their printer to brutally destroy it in public, something that looks more tempting to me with every time my printer manages to enrage me.

Anyways... Do YOU have a tendency to get angry at inanimate objects? If yes, to what degree, and do you deal with the anger in a verbal or physical way, or just swallow it?

*And what makes it worse: If one color (besides black, which I do have reserves of) is empty, I have to rebuy an entire box of cartridges, which, of course, is hella expensive.
    Seriously, more if this bull and I'm getting my dad's old typewriter from the attic.

**I have developed the weird tendency to google random thoughts, don't ask me why

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
    No, I don't anger easily enough for that... I do talk to them and treat them like people at times though... well, at least until I actually wake up and realize how stupid it is.

WriteThemWrong

LetMeHearYourPokemon's___ Voice
    Years
    i think a lot of people get mad at their printers, myself included.

also, my mouse and keyboard or my glasses

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
    Ha, all the time! Especially my bed. I'm always stubbing my toe when I walk around it, like it's leg thingy or whatever it is.

I get mad at other things besides my bed and calling them names. I really should stop doing that.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    Sometimes (the 'Have you ever broken a controller? thread reminded me of this.. xD) I get so pissed off at my game systems, or controllers for said systems, that I want to pick them up, rip the chords out of the wall and then proceed to throw them out the window. Same goes for my computer sometimes, or my alarm clock. I never actually do, but the thought and the intention is there. (If you've ever seen Smash My Wii, or anything similar, that's pretty much my level of rage sometimes. -cough- . . . )

Years
    • Seen Dec 4, 2011
    No, I don't tend to get angry at inanimate objects, nor do I understand the point.

SinisterEternity

→ Friends call me SE, or Neo ~
    Years
    Oh god, yes. xD
    But I think it's only natural, like...Well yes I don't do it because I want to specially get mad at an inanimate object. xD
    But once, my computer wouldn't work properly and...I...punched it and there was a radio in that comp, and a radio screen of course, which would display the FM and all...I broke it. ;A;
    All that because Need For Speed NPCs kept winning a specific race. xD

But sometimes I just swallow it...Well, lately that is.
    But it can be verbal to physical way, anyways. xD

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    I tend to kick things when I am frustrated with them. My wall has several dents from where I accidentally walked into it headfirst and then I attempted to punt it for so rudely interfering with my pathway. :(

ShinyMeowth

Gone forever
    Years
    I threw my old keyboard out the window when it stopped working. When I buy something, I expect it to work. If it doesn't, it will pay.

Years
    Basically anytime I stub my toe or something like that. I dunno, I guess screaming at a stool helps dullen the pain!

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    I only rage at inanimate objects if they've done something to piss me off somehow. Like, if I trip over a book, I might kick it aside (pretty hard if I'm not in a good mood to begin with). If something doesn't work I might swear at it thinking that's gonna help. XD So glad I'm not the only person who does things like this, haha.

Capris

Banned
    Years
    • Seen Mar 25, 2011
    Honestly yes, a lot. D: I never let myself get angry in front of people so when something's giving me a lot of trouble I give it a piece of my mind! It's so scary. ;_;

NightOfRemorse

my anxieties have anxieties
    Years
    Inanimate objects make me so angry. If it's something I can easily destroy, I break it. If it's solid, I take a stick and hit it so I don't hurt my fist. Then, I get angrier since no matter how many times I attack it, I can't hear it cry out in pain. They don't feel the pain. When I was a little kid, one of my gameboy games stopped working so I kept biting it. Yes, biting it. I have anger issues.

aruchan

I resent the title beginner :D
    Years
    • Seen Oct 30, 2011
    Right now I'm quite pissed at my printer because it won't print an all black text because its oh-so-important light cyan cartridge is empty*. My self control was just barely strong enough not to yell swear words around in a huge quantity, but still, I hate that damn thing.
    Googling "F--- YOU PRINTER"** showed me that I'm not the only person to get angry at things, in fact it turns out there have been people getting angry enough at their printer to brutally destroy it in public, something that looks more tempting to me with every time my printer manages to enrage me.

Anyways... Do YOU have a tendency to get angry at inanimate objects? If yes, to what degree, and do you deal with the anger in a verbal or physical way, or just swallow it?

*And what makes it worse: If one color (besides black, which I do have reserves of) is empty, I have to rebuy an entire box of cartridges, which, of course, is hella expensive.
    Seriously, more if this bull and I'm getting my dad's old typewriter from the attic.

**I have developed the weird tendency to google random thoughts, don't ask me why

I got angry at my kitchen door this Tuesday after it broke my toe. :O

Back