• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Custom Card] Animal cards

Animal cards

Animal cards
    Years
    Hello! I'm new here and the only other forum I've used is zoochat so if this is not the correct place to post I'm sorry! Anyways I will use this thread to post about my animal cards! I make custom pokemon cards for animals (using a website though) so I felt like this prefix and this section fits this. I would like for feedback if they are balanced. To start off here is a card for the Canadian muskox!

(no image scroll down more for image)

Last edited:

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    This is the correct section, but try using the attachments feature under Go Advanced to upload your cards. The URL you shared isn't a valid image link.

icycatelf

Alex
    Years
    Under Quick Reply, you should see a "Go Advanced" button (when making a new thread or quoting a post, the Go Advanced dialog opens by default). Anyway, the Attachments option is right next to the Smilies button.

Animal cards

Animal cards
    Years
    Hello! The first card I will post is the Canadian muskox! Tell me if it is balanced. I would love feedback on my cards.

Attachments

• Animal cards
      Muskoxcard.jpeg
      65.3 KB · Views: 8
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I'd say it looks good so far! Now, my critique is coming from old WOTC cards since that seems to be the base you used.

I would try to minimize the the text for the Pokémon Power more, as in, reduce the word count. Also, the spacing between the first sentence and second sentence is off. Try to keep that as uniform as possible. Bovine should be capitalized, and length/weight area should be displayed as "Length: 8"2', Weight: 800lbs."

Lastly, and I dunno how deep you want to get into this, but is this a part of a set? I would make your own little symbol for the right corner of the image! And I'm for flavor text, you didn't include a level or what number on the national dex it is. The only other thing I can think of is adding the date the card was created at the very bottom.

Animal cards

Animal cards
    Years
    I'd say it looks good so far! Now, my critique is coming from old WOTC cards since that seems to be the base you used.

I would try to minimize the the text for the Pokémon Power more, as in, reduce the word count. Also, the spacing between the first sentence and second sentence is off. Try to keep that as uniform as possible. Bovine should be capitalized, and length/weight area should be displayed as "Length: 8"2', Weight: 800lbs."

Lastly, and I dunno how deep you want to get into this, but is this a part of a set? I would make your own little symbol for the right corner of the image! And I'm for flavor text, you didn't include a level or what number on the national dex it is. The only other thing I can think of is adding the date the card was created at the very bottom.

Hello! Today I will be posting 2 more cards along with the fixed version of the Canadian muskox card! Before that here is my response to the quote above. These will be in sets but will be themed around the various eco-regions around the world. I am starting with the Canadian arctic in North America. The sets will go like this. Arctic, Boreal forest, Yellowstone forest, Great plains, Southwest deserts, Eastern mountains, Everglades, and Mexican forest. Then I'll do South America and so on. Lastly, The cards are below. I have a google slides containing my cards, so in my next post i'll link that for you guys to review.

Attachments

• Animal cards
      canadianmuskox.jpeg
      62.7 KB · Views: 4
    • Animal cards
      Pearycariboucard.jpeg
      61 KB · Views: 4
    • Animal cards
      Arcticfoxcardd.jpeg
      54.5 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    I love that you're making this a whole series!!

Years
    • she / they
    • Seen Jan 12, 2024
    Please post the cards to the forum so we can see them.

Back