• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Crossing 3DS

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
Years
  • I didn't find one of these before so I decided to make it.

This is meant to be a discussion thread for the next Animal Crossing game, Animal Crossing 3DS.

New features include:

* Swimming!
    * New types of house
    * Outdoor benches.
    * What resembles a bee house?
    * An expansive beach
    * A method to sneak up on bugs.
    * Streetlights
    * Ability to change shoes/skirts and pants in conjunction with hats, accessories and shirts/dresses
    * Ability to hang furniture on walls.
    * Ability to become mayor.
    * Bushes will appear as in the gamecube game "Animal Forest" (Look at 0:07 in the link)

I will have missed stuff so please point it out to me :3.

The creator of Animal Crossing, Katsuya Eguchi, revealed in an interview that Animal Crossing 3DS will allow players to arrange their furniture in any way they like. Could this mean an altered way to arrange furniture or could it just be a red herring?

This Character is speculated to be your secretary when you are mayor:
    Animal Crossing 3DS

I'm going to post this too, the official E3 trailer:

Last edited:

razzbat

dancer
    Years
  • i swear there was already a thread on this... it probably died out anyway.

have to say i'm pretty excited for this, loved wild worlds and is like the perfect chillax game. i really am liking the sounds of the new features and the new style.
    I guess what I hope for is a bigger town, or maybe be able to explore a bit more, maybe have caves where you can collect fossils and gems, be able to create a raft to go to a small uninhabited island with more items etc

Years
    • Seen Mar 29, 2024
    I do have to say that I'm extremely excited for this. I have every Animal Crossing game to date that has been released in the US (including City Folk, which I hate). When I saw the trailer in 3D on my 3DS during E3, I fell in love with it. I really like the new character style, it's more mature and gives room for more customization. I'm looking forward to online play, which was great on the DS. I really hope it gets released soon (or at least they announce the release date) because I really can't wait for it.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • K, what do we have here :3

i swear there was already a thread on this... it probably died out anyway.

have to say i'm pretty excited for this, loved wild worlds and is like the perfect chillax game. i really am liking the sounds of the new features and the new style.
    I guess what I hope for is a bigger town, or maybe be able to explore a bit more, maybe have caves where you can collect fossils and gems, be able to create a raft to go to a small uninhabited island with more items etc

I agree 100% like the Gamecube GBA island but without the need for an external system.

I do have to say that I'm extremely excited for this. I have every Animal Crossing game to date that has been released in the US (including City Folk, which I hate). When I saw the trailer in 3D on my 3DS during E3, I fell in love with it. I really like the new character style, it's more mature and gives room for more customization. I'm looking forward to online play, which was great on the DS. I really hope it gets released soon (or at least they announce the release date) because I really can't wait for it.

For me the character style in relation to the animals looks really weird :/ But yeah, the customization is what we've all wanted for a pretty long time now and as for the release date. I found a .co.uk site somewhere that said the release date was November 11th so i'm not sure...

Mew~

THE HOST IS BROKEN
    Years
    • Seen Apr 13, 2016
    I haven't really ever tried the Animal Crossing series out before, but after downloading the E3 trailer on my 3DS, I thought it looked really good. Sooo, I guess I might just buy it some time after it launches. I'll be looking forward to it for sure.

lionrt60

Animal Crossing 3ds ♥
    Years
  • I haven't really ever tried the Animal Crossing series out before, but after downloading the E3 trailer on my 3DS, I thought it looked really good. Sooo, I guess I might just buy it some time after it launches. I'll be looking forward to it for sure.
    You should definitely get this :P You won't regret it.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
    Years
  • OHMAHGAWD, i am a huge AC fan! I am extremely excited for this! I just got the notification on my 3ds about the trailer in the eshop, and im downloading it AS WE SPEAK!!!

brandoneball

Victini!
    Years
  • I already have money saved for this game, and I am going to reserve a copy too! It looks and sounds like the best Animal Crossing yet! I downloaded the preview video from EShop! I think the customization looks great! This is a game worth buying, fun too!

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Aww yeaaaah. So down for this, it's insane. I like the new spin on things this time around; now, you're the mayor rather than just a citizen. It will definitely make for an interesting game.

Dale

Captain Ressentiment
    Years
  • Aww yeaaaah. So down for this, it's insane. I like the new spin on things this time around; now, you're the mayor rather than just a citizen. It will definitely make for an interesting game.
    Actually, I think you are a citizen, but can become mayor (which would make sense, if they still want 4 Players on one cartridge).

Definitely buying.

Years
    • Seen Jul 16, 2013
    Actually, I think you are a citizen, but can become mayor (which would make sense, if they still want 4 Players on one cartridge).

Definitely buying.

Oh, is that how it goes? I read the description of the game really quickly so I thought you were the mayor automatically. Whoops~ Still, the fact that there's a chance to be mayor makes it pretty interesting.

U.Flame

Maker of Short Games
    Years
  • I already pre-ordered this game! I can't freakin' wait! It's definitely better than City Folk. (What a disappointment) I wonder if it's backwards compatible with Wild World or City Folk. I'd like to keep my character.

Chairman Kaga

living in the past
    Years

• Oh, is that how it goes? I read the description of the game really quickly so I thought you were the mayor automatically. Whoops~ Still, the fact that there's a chance to be mayor makes it pretty interesting.

Better start hoarding bells so that you can bribe the citizens.

Years
  • I want to play it but I won't be playing for a long time. I can't afford a 3ds. Though someday I hope to get one and this game to go along with it!

Koi

Years
    • Seen Oct 24, 2023
    Very excited about new Animal Crossing game.
    I could definitely see myself buying 3DS, just for this game.

Back