• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal Lovers Association

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Animal biology is really interesting and that was the only field of biology I dived into when I was in high school. When I was a Freshman in college, I've wanted to take a course in Zoology, but they required at least Pre-Cal to get in, and the professor in that college was not really good. Only read from the textbook.

What I really want to do research on is the anatomy of a cat. You know, learn how they purr and such. If you were doing research on an animal, what animal would you study?

Altairis

take me ☆ take you
Years
Well... I probably have the most boring and predictable answer, but cats and dogs and pets in general. Wonder if any of you know why? :P

Sucks that I have to be good at math in order to take some biology classes though. ;~; This fall I'm taking the rest of the bio classes my school offers (two of which are AP) so I'm excited. <3 I wanted to drop history and take another science, but they wouldn't let me drop an entire subjuct. ~_~ Boo.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Aug 6, 2014
Hi! I'd love to join! Animals are so precious to me. Any and all animals are so amazing to me!
My favorite animals are dogs. They're angels! I have a Chinese Crested Powderpuff and I hope I'll have more dogs throughout my lifetime. I also love ducks, emperor tamarins, elephants, bats and goats. So adorable! In my freetime I sometimes like watching animal documentaries or just going wild and saving every animal picture I find. Ahhh I love animals so much!

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Hi! I'd love to join! Animals are so precious to me. Any and all animals are so amazing to me!
My favorite animals are dogs. They're angels! I have a Chinese Crested Powderpuff and I hope I'll have more dogs throughout my lifetime. I also love ducks, emperor tamarins, elephants, bats and goats. So adorable! In my freetime I sometimes like watching animal documentaries or just going wild and saving every animal picture I find. Ahhh I love animals so much!

I had a dream about bats just last night. It was really weird. There were bats in the garage and they bit. Even though I don't *feel* things in my dreams, I'm highly certain they would hurt. ;;

Dogs are my favorite as well, but on the internet, I love cat pictures, including LOLcats. Those are the best. Welcome!

Have you read about the two giraffes in South Africa whose heads hit an overpass? Irresponsible, that driver. :/

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-28586702

I saw that the other day. He didn't show mercy on those two Giraffes and did not become aware of the hazards coming about. I really hope more safety measures are taken the next time they decide to transport animals like those. :(

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I want to bring you guys a short summary of what's been going on lately. It's been an eventful few weeks for Bentley, my tiny pup. A couple of weekends ago, he got struck by a fast car while trying to chase the neighbor's dog. He's doing fine now, but I was scared that he wouldn't survive the massive hit from the back (majorly his hip and hind legs). After a few days hospitalized at the Veterinary Clinic by the Mexican border, Bentley did extremely well with the hip surgery, and with that surgery, he'll be able to recover 2 weeks quicker than the standard 30-45 day recovery by restricting movement and placing him in a doggy cage. It's been a week now and he's really anxious to move. I only let him move if he needs to do his "business thangs". But right now, with the meds, he's asleep.

Here's a funny picture of him that my dad took.

In the meantime, here's a new discussion topic: Have you visited any zoological park, or "zoos", or any wild animal parks?

Back