• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animal -> Pokemon?

KingOfClubs

Insert Cool Title *HERE*
    Years
    It pokemon world, pokemon are pretty well animals. Like people fish for magikarp, and bug catchers catch butterfree. I realized that Johto covered most of the common animals, and Hoenn did the rest. Sinnoh didn't really cover any... Except for Penguin I guess, but delibird is like a penguin. Can you guys think of any COMMON animals that haven't been made into a pokemon. I don't mean specific pokemon, so don't say like, the Eurasian Speckle-Bellied Goose (Made up animal...).

Years
    A moose wasn't turned into a pokemon yet (yeah, we have Stantler, but it's a deer, and that's a difference xP), I haven't seen also any gryphons (I don't know what about Lati, they are more fusions of a swan and a plane, or whatever else).

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
    No dolphins, no Gorillas I think, no Bandicoots, no wolverines I think, no Centipedes, no squid, and not much extinct dinosaur pokemon.

Me2UJus4Free

It's peanut butter jelly time!
    Years
    No dolphins, no Gorillas I think, no Bandicoots, no wolverines I think, no Centipedes, no squid, and not much extinct dinosaur pokemon.

I think Slacking is somewhat based on gorillas. And a Pokemon based on wolverines is a really bad idea.

star6phoenix9

Odorokubeki Boukensha
    Years
    There's no Pokemon based on the common house fly. I want a maggot Pokemon that evolves into a fly Pokemon! They could be called Magby and Flygon! Oh, wait...

Years
    Isn't Gorebyss a dolphin? ...Maybe not..another one would still be nice

No Leopard, Meerkat, Turkey, Flamingo.

And I know this one isn't a common animal, but a bombardier beetle Pokemon would be awesome

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years

And I know this one isn't a common animal, but a bombardier beetle Pokemon would be awesome

Gorebyss is more like an eel, IMO.
    Edit: Checked Bulbapedia real fast. Yep, Gorebyss could be sorta like a Hagfish, like Barboach, but more like a Narrownose Chimaera. Sort of eel-ish type animals.

Hmm...that's a really hard question actually. I was going to say maybe a catfish, but no, there's Whiscash...
    what about a sea urchin or something? O.o I dunno, I'm thinking along the lines of sea creatures because I feel like land creatures might be kind of exhausted, but there's always some kind of bizarre thing living in the ocean that maybe hasn't really been done yet in some way, shape, or form. XD

Last edited:

coachwhipneoship

squeezer of lemons
    Years
    :sigh: Good point...Cradily and Lileep are sorta like urchin-type creatures...
    I'm kinda stumped. They've pokified almost everything, or there's some pokemon comparable to most other things I'm thinking of.

nosferatu

so you like... stuff?..cool...
    Years
    • Age 30
    • Seen Apr 1, 2008
    really there is heaps of animal there havent done you know what there should do they should make a parascite type and the you could have fleas lice and then thtere is normal animals koalas lions tigers zebras lemings (lol) polar bears and heaps more

Pikachu2007

Free hugs for everyone!
    Years

Gorebyss is actually a sea dragon. I haven't seen a peafowl Pokemon yet, but it'd be nice to have one. I'd like at least some more elephants, too. But I'd like to see some clownfish, sea anomones, water bears, and some more snakes ccould be cool, and if there is a new snake coming soon, I don't want it to be a part Poison type because only 10% of snake species are venomous.

Last edited:
    Back