• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    A plain houes fly?
    A Dolphin
    A Lion
    A Mosquito
    A Pistol Shrimp (would make and awesome Water/Fire type)

Dillon_68

Lover of Winter
    Years
  • I count Masquerain as a mosquito/moth. (Though its name refers to masquerade, it reminds me of mosquito and it lives near water like mosquitoes whose eggs are found in water.)

House fly and opossum are way past due.

Waking_Dreamer

Dreamer King
    Years
  • In the OP they included a pegasus, so I was thinking how about a griffon?

Is there any pokemon which is based off a griffon yet? I mean they have all sorts of dragons already...

bilzandpap

Who DOESN'T love Conkeldurr???
    Years
    • Seen Sep 10, 2019
    Kangaskhan is based on a kangaroo, regardless of whether or not you want to believe it. I figured this out when I was eight on my first visit to the Safari Zone. It appeared and I thought "Hey look a Kangaroo."

Considering that I was a complete imbecile at the age of 8, it's shouldn't be that hard of a concept to realize that it's based on a kangaroo. That doesn't mean it has to look like one 100%. Likewise, Ryhorn and Rydon are based on rhinos, but they don't look very similar.

You can tell Kanghaskan is based on a kangaroo just by looking at its name.

KANGhaskan.

Has anyone thought that maybe the Pokemon in Kanghaskan's pouch is its pre-evolution and not just a tiny purple Kanghaskan? Roogaskan or something.

It does, and Im aware that it has nothing to do with a mosquito, but it just reminds me of one. If we never get a mosquito Pokemon Ill be content.

MOSQUITOES ARE SO ANNOYING! If we DO get a mosquito Pokemon I will lose all the respect I have for Nintendo.

If we're talking in general about Pokemon we want in Generation 6, not about animals we want to see as Pokemon, then NO MORE FIRE-FIGHTING STARTERS OMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!!!!! I hated Infernape's Fighting type and then with Pignite and Emboar I'm all like what??? After Blaziken and stuff.....

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 26, 2011
    how about a sabertooth tiger or maybe a linx as for what bilzandpap said about the thing in kangaskhan pouch being the pre-evo wouldn't his name be like jokhan or something because a infant kangaroo is a joey right... I probably just confused myself XD

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • I'm a little surprised we never got a dolphin Pokemon. It seems so obvious, especially with all the water types there are.

Weavile05

Currently Hacking BW
    Years
  • A plain houes fly?
    A Dolphin
    A Lion
    A Mosquito
    A Pistol Shrimp (would make and awesome Water/Fire type)

Lion... we've got Luxray, it's probably not intended to be a Lion, but I'd count it as one.

This isn't an animal, but there should be a Fire/Rock type that is based off of a Volcano.

Yukimi

Nautical Star
    Years
  • Lion... we've got Luxray, it's probably not intended to be a Lion, but I'd count it as one.

This isn't an animal, but there should be a Fire/Rock type that is based off of a Volcano.

Animals that are not Pokemon yet.....

I believe camperupt is based on on a volcano. He's a fire/ground type.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • how about a sabertooth tiger
    Raikou is loosely based on a saber-toothed tiger. Just look at it.

Even though we have Pokémon based on dinosaurs (Cranidos, Shieldon, their evolved forms and Tyranitar), I still think there should be more, like:
    -Stegosaurus
    -Iguanodon
    -Deinonychus

Years
    • UK
    • Seen May 12, 2013
    I echo everything everybody has said in this thread, a dolphin would be awesome. I'd also like to see some sort of goat pokemon, seeing as they're my favourite animal.

Back