• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Years
  • Definitley agree with the sabre-tooth cat, that would be awesome. Ditto for the lipluradon, they would both be awesome.
    I would like to see a pokemon Giant orcothone, water/rock or just water probably.

A scorpion pokemon would be cool to go with galvantula aswell/
    I'l edit this by including more when I hve time.

Years
    • Seen Aug 24, 2012
    With gen V I think we are getting to the point where the question becomes: What inanimate objects aren't pokemon yet? We've got candles, chandeliers, snowflakes, icecream etc.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
    Years
  • Drapion is a Scorpion.
    And to the one who said we haven't got Lobsters yet...Crawdont is more of a Lobster than a Crab so that probably counts Lobsters out.

Sector

Banned
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Ohio
    • Seen Oct 10, 2016
    Drapion is a Scorpion.
    And to the one who said we haven't got Lobsters yet...Crawdont is more of a Lobster than a Crab so that probably counts Lobsters out.
    And we do have Crabs. Krabby doesn't sound like a Crab? lol & Kingler.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020

I'm pretty sure Heracross is based on a Beetle. However, I haven't seen a Badger or Hedgehog like Pokemon yet.
    What about Shaymin lol? That looks like a hedgehog to me. And Linoone is based on a badger.
    Is there an actual snail Pokémon? Gastrodon is not a snail, he's a nudibranch. And a goat?

Last edited:

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
    Years
  • Randomly looking in my Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection booklet... We need these animals as Pokemon...

A Cheetah, a Peafowl, a Gemsbok (a species of oryx antelope), a Giant Panda, a Flamingo, an Ibex (a kind of wild goat), a Jaguar, a Moose, a Gorilla, an Okapi (related to the giraffe), an Ostrich, a Ring-Tailed Lemur, a Snow Leopard, a Gibbon, a Wolf, a Koala, a Komodo Dragon, a Lynx, a Wolverine, an Aardvark, a Mandrill, a Meerkat, a Ratel (aka a Honey Badger), a Secretary Bird, a Warthog, a Wildebeest, a Dolphin, a Marlin (a kind of swordfish), a Narwhal, a Hammerhead Shark, a Manatee, a Mastodon, an Ankylosaurus, a Carnotaurus (think that Disney Movie "Dinosaur"), a Dimetrodon (sailbacked Permian ancestor to all mammals) a Diprotodon (giant wombat), a Dodo, a Doedicurus ( huge prehistoric armadillo with a clubbed tail), a Giant Ground Sloth, a Sabertoothed Cat, a Stegosaurus, a Styracosaurus (distant cousin to Triceratops), a Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger/Wolf), a Velociraptor, and a Woolly Rhinoceros.

I just flipped through thinking about what hasn't been done that would make an interesting Pokemon.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Randomly looking in my Zoo Tycoon 2 Ultimate Collection booklet... We need these animals as Pokemon...

A Cheetah, a Peafowl, a Gemsbok (a species of oryx antelope), a Giant Panda, a Flamingo, an Ibex (a kind of wild goat), a Jaguar, a Moose, a Gorilla, an Okapi (related to the giraffe), an Ostrich, a Ring-Tailed Lemur, a Snow Leopard, a Gibbon, a Wolf, a Koala, a Komodo Dragon, a Lynx, a Wolverine, an Aardvark, a Mandrill, a Meerkat, a Ratel (aka a Honey Badger), a Secretary Bird, a Warthog, a Wildebeest, a Dolphin, a Marlin (a kind of swordfish), a Narwhal, a Hammerhead Shark, a Manatee, a Mastodon, an Ankylosaurus, a Carnotaurus (think that Disney Movie "Dinosaur"), a Dimetrodon (sailbacked Permian ancestor to all mammals) a Diprotodon (giant wombat), a Dodo, a Doedicurus ( huge prehistoric armadillo with a clubbed tail), a Giant Ground Sloth, a Sabertoothed Cat, a Stegosaurus, a Styracosaurus (distant cousin to Triceratops), a Thylacine (Tasmanian Tiger/Wolf), a Velociraptor, and a Woolly Rhinoceros.

I just flipped through thinking about what hasn't been done that would make an interesting Pokemon.
    I think that Doduo/Dodrio can go for Ostrichs. And also, I could say 'yeah well there's not a Shiba Inu Pokémon!' but there is a dog Pokémon, and that counts for all dog-species. Otherwise I can go on about an hour on which animals aren't used for Pokémon yet. IE Sharpedo is a shark Pokémon and that covers the shark species, so hammerhead shark as well.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Rampardos and Tyranitar are T-Rex pokemon and Corpish and Crawdaunt are lobster pokemon.

I've always thought of Cyndaquil as an echidna or porcupine but once it evolves into Typhlosion I'm not sure what it is.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Rampardos and Tyranitar are T-Rex pokemon and Corpish and Crawdaunt are lobster pokemon.

I've always thought of Cyndaquil as an echidna or porcupine but once it evolves into Typhlosion I'm not sure what it is.

Rampardos isn't a T-Rex; it's a Pachycephalosaurus.

According to Bulbapedia, Typhlosion could be based on wolverines, weasels or badgers.

I don't know if this was already mentioned, but I think there should be a Pokemon based on a cheetah.

Adam Levine

[color=#ffffff][font="Century Gothic"]I have tried
    Years
  • List of animals that should be Pokemon:
    Dolphin
    Squid
    Newt
    Lizard(There's already a chameleon Pokemon):t352:
    Clownfish(There is a flounder Pokemon,Stunfisk,right?)

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • Guys, unless you are specifically meaning a NON-LEGENDARY,
    Raikou is based is aesthetically based on saber tooth cat! The raiju (beast it recalls) can take the form of wild felines.

But I agree I'd like another one.

Funfact: Crawdaunt's original name was Lobstarr.

And Mightyena is a mix of wolf and hyena, thus why it howls, whines, licks those it sees as dominant, and shows other canid traits.

Pawz

The PC Gamer
    Years
  • Erm...Off the top of my head, I can really only think of Koala Bear, Dolphin and a Peacock. :p

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Here's some fan art of a dolphin pokemon, it's an evolution of Lanturn.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

If only this was real. Dolphins need to be represented, with all the fish water types we've had it's time we got a dolphin.

Years
  • An actual tiger, not a "legendary beast". I wouldn't mind an actual Elephant either, maybe a Donphan evolution, but it resembles a large, several ton Pachyderm more than a rolly-polly. >:/ Also yes to a Dolphin Pokemon.

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
    Years
  • Yes I agree Donphan is too, how do I put it, "stumpy" to be like a real elephant. While he is obviuosly elephant inspired an evolution could make a bigger and stronger elephant.

Tiger pokemon would rock, maybe an electric tiger or a fire one :)

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
  • Wow I remember this thread being posted at least once a year and I always come up with animals that are very nice and no one has ever heard of so I would pick the top three that I would love to see as Pokemon so:

1.) Zebra Turkey Fish
    2.) Roach (I know it is not an animal but it is a common household pest that I'm pretty sure many people will want to kill in the games and have fun with)
    3.) Saber-tooth tiger (just because they look cool and they made a Mammoth Pokemon so why not a Saber-tooth?)

hmm...thats about it

:t354:TG

destinedjagold

You can contact me in PC's discord server...
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2023

2.) Roach (I know it is not an animal but it is a common household pest that I'm pretty sure many people will want to kill in the games and have fun with)

OMG this!
    I am gonna enjoy every moment of slowly KILLING this POKéMON when they make one! (:<

Here's some fan art of a dolphin pokemon, it's an evolution of Lanturn.

Spoiler:

If only this was real. Dolphins need to be represented, with all the fish water types we've had it's time we got a dolphin.

I'd love that fanart! I hope they will make that an official Dolphin POKéMON !

----------

Anyway, I think we also need some...
    1. earthworms...
    2. mosquitoes...
    3. flies...
    4. winged horse!
    5. a lollipop?
    6. a tombstone...?
    7. a few more owls? owls are cool.
    8. a hydra?
    9. a clown...
    10. a berry-themed POKéMON...?