• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Years
    • Seen Aug 25, 2014
    They should make a cricket Pokemon

What about a Great white shark or a Hammerhead?
    A Hammerhead would be nice but...

A Meerkat even?

... Okay he's not a COMPLETE Meerkat his anatomy looks close to one.

I think there are plenty of animals that aren't Pokemon... Yet. (Oh god)

Something I would love to see as a Pokemon is the Two-Headed Skink:

This would be an awesome Pokemon concept. It could even have an ability which cuts accuracy or something.

Years
  • an Ankylosaurus,.

I know it's mostly turtle, but I would say that Torterra has some rather Ankylosaurus-like characteristics (that's why I named mine Kylo.)

Zigzagoon is a raccoon, hence the name . . . And Zoroark is a wolf.

Zoroark is a fox. His species is actually listed as "Illusion Fox."

An honest to goodness spotted Hyena. Mightyena isn't a spotted Hyena; I don't know what species of Hyena it's supposed to be but it looks like a wolf. If they were going to make my favorite animal into a Pokemon it should be a ghost type.

Mightyena is based off of a striped hyena. I agree a real spotted hyena would be good. Especially since they made Mightyena a sort of hyena/wolf thing, and hyenas aren't canids.

They did sort of the same thing with Watchog. It's like a groundhog and a meerkat, which leads most people to think that meerkats are rodents. In actuality they're closer to mongooses, and would probably eat rodents.

Why is it that mongoose relatives are so prone to being mistaken for other species? lol.

A haunt would be cool
    It's a venomous rabid ghost dog

Other ideas:
    Cerberus
    Kiwi
    Dolphin
    Lion
    Tiger
    Loch Ness Monster
    Chimera
    Krakken
    Bunyip
    Wolf
    Headless Chicken- Ghost/Flying
    Panda
    Echidna
    A Non Ninetailed fox(not including vulpix)

Luxray is a lion, Lapras is a Loch Ness Monster, and Cyndaquil is an echidna. A mostly tiger-based pokemon would be good. We have pokemon with tiger characteristics (Arcanine, Raikou) but not a tiger pokemon per-say.

Whoever mentioned frogs, we have frogs: Croagunk and Toxicroak.

I want a sabertooth cat (as already mentioned, besides Raikou) and a triceratops fossil pokemon. Bastiodon doesn't count in my books.

A kangaroo pokemon that's more kangaroo-like than Kanghaskhan and Honey Badger would be awesome.

Also, a cerebrus, preferably as an evolution to Houndoom.

Last edited:

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Yeah that'd be pretty cool, a Cerebrus as a third stage for Houndoom. Hahah I could actually see that happening and that might make him better to use as well cause as of now he's just, not really good.

Mr. X

It's... kinda effective?
    Years
  • Also, a cerebrus, preferably as an evolution to Houndoom.

I think we have a 3 headed dragon/cerberus thing already. Houndoom would be the one most likely to get a Cerberus evolution but I can kinda see Mightiena getting one. Then again, gamelore says that Eevee's DNA is unstable as hell so its possible for it to get some sort of a Cerberus evolution.

Do we have a elephant pokemon?

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    I think we have a 3 headed dragon/cerberus thing already. Houndoom would be the one most likely to get a Cerberus evolution but I can kinda see Mightiena getting one. Then again, gamelore says that Eevee's DNA is unstable as hell so its possible for it to get some sort of a Cerberus evolution.

Do we have a elephant pokemon?
    Mightyena is a sort of early-route-pokémon and probably won't be getting another evo. (well, Poochyena is the early-route-thing)

Also, yes. We have Phanpy and Donphan. And to some extent Mamoswine, although it's more of a Mammoth of course :3 Maybe there are even more elephant pokémon? Can't remember right now.

Years
  • We do indeed have a three-headed dragon (Hydreigon, not my favorite pokemon personally) but not a cerberus.

Early-route thing aside, I don't think it would make sense for Mightyena to evolve into something resembling a cerberus. Cerberus is a mythological three-headed dog that guards the gates of the underworld, under the control of Hades.

Houndoom is based off of a Hellhound, which is a mythological dog also assigned to guard the entrance to the world of the dead. They're pretty much the same sort of thing, except one has more heads.

Mightyena is just a pokemon with characteristics of wolves and hyenas.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Luxray is a lion, Lapras is a Loch Ness Monster, and Cyndaquil is an echidna. A mostly tiger-based pokemon would be good. We have pokemon with tiger characteristics (Arcanine, Raikou) but not a tiger pokemon per-say.
    I was thinking with the Lion make it more lion like with the male/female differences,So it's a lioness if it's female. I was thought Cyndaquil more of a porcupine because of it's spikes how they aren't always there but with an Echinda they are.

Other ideas i have:
    Dingo
    Box Jellyfish
    Tasmanian Devils
    Possum
    Emu
    Frilled-neck Lizard
    Kookaburra
    Lyrebird
    Tasmanian Tiger

Going for an aussie theme here haha :P

Years
    • Seen Jan 20, 2012
    Tiger
    Jaguar
    Armadillo
    Opossum
    Wolf (Maybe Mightyena.. But name and appearance hints more to Hyena)
    Unicorn
    Dolphin
    Koala
    Fennec (Maybe Eevee..)
    Squid
    Goat
    Kangaroo
    Panda

That's all I can think of.

Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2012
    Well they have Rapidash and Keldeo for unicorns.

Also, am I the only one who thinks the 2 headed skink looks like a doggy poo?

Something I would love to see as a Pokemon is the Two-Headed Skink:

This would be an awesome Pokemon concept. It could even have an ability which cuts accuracy or something.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    That Pokemon is pretty obviously a Zebra, imo. It just has a spiky mane to look like thunderbolts because of its typing.

Years
    • they/them
    • Seen Apr 19, 2024
    Lol those are Zebras, totally. Nothing else.

How is Keldeo a unicorn? Doesn't it have two horns?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Lol those are Zebras, totally. Nothing else.

How is Keldeo a unicorn? Doesn't it have two horns?

It's still more strongly based on the kelpie, a water pony legend, than a unicorn though. The horn is the only thing that makes it somewhat based on a unicorn.

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    The only real unicorn is still Rapidash because it clearly only has the single horn and the "fur" (fire) makes sense too in regards to unicorns, Rapidash has fur on the back of her legs/feet whatever and unicorns have that too as a distinguishable feature.

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
    Years
  • How about a fiery Pegasus? This could be an evolved form of Rapidash. It becomes Fire/Flying. Very similar to the Yu-Gi-Oh card Firewing Pegasus, but I still think it would be a great concept. Here's the card for those of you who are unfamiliar:

Yoshikko

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    That'd be awesome, I love all sorts of lizards (it's a lizard right??), though I think like, Groudon is kind of based off that, they are slightly similar if you know what I mean.

Back