• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

deoxys121

White Kyurem Cometh
Years
  • I believe that would be the thorny devil. And, I do agree, it could be a great concept for a Pokemon. Since it lives in the desert, it could be Ground-type.

We also have yet to see a Pokemon based on a grasshopper, at least that I can recall. Bounce would be a perfect move for it.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Grasshopper would be pretty cool, like it could be grass/flying yeah. Somewhere I feel like there already is a grasshopper based Pokémon but I could just be thinking of Scyther o.o

Years
  • A lion that isn't Luxray. I adore Luxray, but it's always seemed more like a dog than a big cat to me. I think it's the ears.

Maybe a fire lion. With a flaming mane. That would be awesome.

More horse-based Pokemon. Always more horse-based Pokemon.

Sponges
    Capybaras
    Toucans (Chatot is a parrot)
    Fluffy baby seals. Just a whole line of fluffy babies.
    Snow foxes
    Moose

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • A lion that isn't Luxray.
    Maybe a fire lion.
    Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Entei says hi.
    (and no, they're the legendary BEASTS, for the last time).

There should be more big cats, though.

Years
  • There sure are some unique suggestions in this thread, I don't even know half the animals listed lol

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • The first thing that came to my mind is a tiger, but that already seems to be discussed. Is there a cheetah Pokemon? I wouldn't count Liepard.

Sayan

is tightening its focus
    Years
  • ^That's why I said I wouldn't count Liepard, 'some' people think they are the same.

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years
  • A tiger
    Lion
    Cheetah pokemon
    would love to see a termite pokemon

Did you even play the games? Entei and Raikou.
    I know people want ones that aren't legendaries, but you should at least specify that, because it just makes you look bad by pretending they don't exist.

A termite would be cool though. And heck yes to a cheetah!

Does Raikou count as a tiger? Or part tiger?

Isn't Entei base off of some type of Lion?
    Yes to both of them.

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Did you even play the games? Entei and Raikou.
    I know people want ones that aren't legendaries, but you should at least specify that, because it just makes you look bad by pretending they don't exist.

A termite would be cool though. And heck yes to a cheetah!

Yes to both of them.

I don't think it makes them look bad at all. You're reading too much into it, this isn't a contest to see who can come up with the most original idea or something.

I don't think Raikou represents a tiger well at all, and Entei is even worse with the lion comparison. One could say you would look bad yourself for not pointing out Luxray which is also meant to be based on a lion (not myself because I really don't care to say someone looks bad for not mentioning a Pokemon, lol). I myself would love to have a lion/tiger Pokemon that was more directly based on the animal. Raikou/Entei are legendaries so it's understandable that they had to have designs more complex than a basic lion or tiger, but I don't think that does the majesty of those animals justice.

Back