• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

Unknown#

'Cause why not?
Years
  • Isn'n Darmanitan a gorilla? As for an animal that doesn't have a Pokemon based off it I don't think there have been any dolphin Pokemon yet.

Years
    • Seen May 6, 2023
    There isn't a Gorilla type one is there?

there is a lazy one

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years

• I don't think it makes them look bad at all. You're reading too much into it, this isn't a contest to see who can come up with the most original idea or something.

I don't think Raikou represents a tiger well at all, and Entei is even worse with the lion comparison. One could say you would look bad yourself for not pointing out Luxray which is also meant to be based on a lion (not myself because I really don't care to say someone looks bad for not mentioning a Pokemon, lol). I myself would love to have a lion/tiger Pokemon that was more directly based on the animal. Raikou/Entei are legendaries so it's understandable that they had to have designs more complex than a basic lion or tiger, but I don't think that does the majesty of those animals justice.
    Uh huh.

Yeah, if you had looked through the posts you would see I mentioned that about Luxray just a few posts down.
    You're just proving my point right now. If people looked at a few of the prior posts, then their questions would probably be answered.
    Maybe you should think before you try to twist the words of people around.

I still think we need a honey badger Pokemon.
    Typhlosion is considered to be based on a wolverine or a honey badger.

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Uh huh.

Yeah, if you had looked through the posts you would see I mentioned that about Luxray just a few posts down.
    You're just proving my point right now. If people looked at a few of the prior posts, then their questions would probably be answered.
    Maybe you should think before you try to twist the words of people around.

You only mentioned Luxray once in passing as a feline Pokemon. I checked. Please watch your tone, this is a discussion, no reason to be rude to other people because they don't see the resemblance that you do or want a Pokemon to be based on something when one already has been. This is your warning.

I personally wouldn't like a Pokemon closer to the honey badger, especially considering it's only popular as an animal because of the meme. It just doesn't seem like it would make an interesting Pokemon unless they altered it drastically.

Magica

Miss Magic
    Years

• You only mentioned Luxray once in passing as a feline Pokemon. I checked. Please watch your tone, this is a discussion, no reason to be rude to other people because they don't see the resemblance that you do or want a Pokemon to be based on something when one already has been. This is your warning.

I personally wouldn't like a Pokemon closer to the honey badger, especially considering it's only popular as an animal because of the meme. It just doesn't seem like it would make an interesting Pokemon unless they altered it drastically.
    Sure, warn me and call me rude because I said something you disagree with. Hypocrite.
    >because they don't see the resemblance that you do or want a Pokemon to be based on something when one already has been.
    Lolwut? No. That's what they are. This thread is for discussing what Pokemon need to exist, and since he asked for animals that already do, I filled him in. I have the right to be irritated when the same question was asked just three or four posts ago and a person can't be bothered to read it.
    Oh, and:

It was already implied that I knew Luxray was a lion. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that out. Not to mention, there are several posts on this page already mentioning Luxray.

There's nothing wrong with my tone. But maybe you should check the way you responded to me. And as for "reading too much into it", no, that would be you. All I said was if he wanted a lion or tiger, but he remembered those two, he should specify if he considered legendaries as counting, or if just wanted to forget they existed.
    Sorry if my English isn't up to par with yours, oh Holy Mod.
    I don't think it makes them look bad at all. You're reading too much into it, this isn't a contest to see who can come up with the most original idea or something.
    I don't think Raikou represents a tiger well at all, and Entei is even worse with the lion comparison. One could say you would look bad yourself for not pointing out Luxray which is also meant to be based on a lion (not myself because I really don't care to say someone looks bad for not mentioning a Pokemon, lol).

Translates to: I DON'T BRING MYSELF DOWN TO THOSE LEVELS BUT I'M OKAY WITH INSULTING YOU.

Last edited:

-Grayscale-

яιѕєη ƒяσм тнє ๔єα๔...
    Years
  • I really think they need another type of Dolphin/Porpoise pokemon in the next Generation. Feel free to enlighten me if there are a lot already, but the only pokemon I see that look slightly similar resemble more of whales.

Mechanic

Shin!~ hohohohoho!~
    Years
    • Seen Nov 24, 2014
    spinda is more like Red panda... I think poster meant famous Giant Panda which looks NOTHING like spinda.

Teddiursa? Ursaring??? :s Not exactly panda but bear enough :/

And i don't really see psyduck as a Platypus even if he resembles them a little bit (Remember platypus are supposed to have poison in they're claws which psyduck or golduck don't have anywhere)

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I think its funny kangaroo's have been mention in part of this thread and I've yet to see anyone mention Breloom :P

It's definitely a kangaroo, just a Mushroom based one.

I can't recall if any of these are pokemon but:
    • Swordfish/Marlin
    • Narwhal
    • Sea Urchin
    • Jerobas
    • Kiwi
    • Kakapo
    • Weta
    • Pangolin (I suppose Groudon, maybe? :\)
    • Centepede/Millipede (other than Scolipede, more elongated)

I think if anything, Mammals will be the hardest to make as new Pokémon. Insects, fish and birds are easier as there are so many species.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 5, 2014
    They still havent made a Goat pokemon. It would look so badass (like the one in Pokemon Vega). Also theres no Lion pokemon (although Entei kinda has manes like one). Other unpokemonized animals from the top of my head are Peacock, Chicken (DONT SAY BLAZIKEN!), Gorilla (Aipom and Pansy monkeys are monkeys and Infernape's an ape).

Years
    • Seen Feb 27, 2012
    I can't recall any Goat Pokémon in-game, but I do recall seeing an awesome set of Goat Pokémon that a guy drew, even looks similar to Sugimori artwork.

["Goat Pokemon evolution line"]
    rizzoartpage.deviantart.com/gallery/?offset=72#/d1xi8j6
    (sorry can't post URL's because I'm new)

Interesting Artwork/Artist either way, you don't often see good custom made Pokémon.

I'd have to go with a Giraffe or Zebra...

Giraffe
    • Girafirig

Zebra's
    • Blitzle
    • Zebstrika

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Arceus is often seen as a goat, but I think that's more an insult to Arceus than what it's actually based on hahahah.

Teddiursa? Ursaring??? :s Not exactly panda but bear enough :/

THERE IS NEVER ENOUGH BEAR

In reality though, I would really love a real Panda. It could be a rare Pokemon, maybe only found in a Safari Zone, and be characterized as a very picky Pokemon who will only eat one type of food. :3

Years
    • Seen Feb 12, 2012
    Are these pokemon yet?
    Ocelot
    Komodo dragon
    Humming bird
    Egret
    Road runner XD
    Fugu
    BTW what about polar bears?

Last edited:

Oryx

CoquettishCat
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Jan 30, 2015
    Are these pokemon yet?
    Ocelot
    Komodo dragon
    Humming bird
    Egret
    Road runner XD
    Fugu
    BTW what about polar bears?

The hummingbird is something that I think would make an amazing Pokemon tbh.

@Polar bear, not sure if you're up on Gen V but:

Back