• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that aren't Pokemon yet...

shaymin♥

Expert Trainer
Years

• I'm pretty sure Heracross is based on a Beetle. However, I haven't seen a Badger or Hedgehog like Pokemon yet.
    Shaymin (Land Form) is pretty much based on a hedgehog.

I think there needs to be maybe a Narwhal-type Pokemon!

......What's Ditto supposed to be based off of?
    I have no idea. Probably just a purple blob of awesomeness!

Last edited:

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Dolphin- Water/???

Squid- Can be a legendary, Giant Squids are still considered creatures of legend til now.

Mosquito

Housefly- Would possess a move that is the bug version of Leech Seed, robbing HP from the target. The animation will mimic the way Horseflies hatch eggs on cows and the occasional human.

Earthworm: Australia has Giant earthworms

Python= a snake that is not poison type

Sealion= a water type that is not ice type

Archer fish

Marlin/Sailfish= Marlin= Attack but Low Speed, Sailfish = High Speed, decent attack.

Shrimp/Krill

Cyclops

Sphinx.etc

Fossil Pokemon
    T-rex Pokemon
    Stegosaurus
    Diplodocus
    Smilodon

I came up with a Pokemon that can have a Grass/Ghost Typing, it is based on the legends of scary trees with scary limbs in old fairy tales.

Frightwig => Spookwood

Attacks it could use
    Shadow Claw

Moan= A sound-based attack that causes paralysis. Inspired from the way Ghosts moan and frighten people.

Deadfall= A more powerful attack than woodhammer. Inspired from hunters who use deadfall for getting deer, rule of thumb is 5x the weight of the target animal.

Last edited:

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Elephant= Phanpy and Donphan.

Mammoths have a counterpart already and that's Mammoswine. Now it just needs its prime predator, a Sabretooth cat Pokemon?

What do you guys think of my Grass/Ghost idea?

Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    how about
    thylacine
    dodo
    fruit bat
    cassawary
    I had an idea for an entire "new" class of pokemon, the Phrehistorics (not to be confused with but including new versions of the fossle types) for an idea for a Pokemon game which features time travel into present and future with the ancient past being an extra or something where you can explore and unlock secrets etc.

TTYO

Old Timer
    Years
  • Does anybody here have any good ideas for Gen 6 Grass/Fire/Water Starter trio?

We could have a Water starter that is a bug type?? As a kid, I believe our first forays into ponds have yielded our first water bugs. I think Satoshi Tajiri can attest to that?

And we could havea fire type that is not a Fire/Fighting combo? Maybe Fire + Psychic/Dark/Ghost/Rock/Ground

For the Grass Type we could havea Grass/flying?

Or we could get creative....https://www.livescience.com/13568-green-algae-salamander-embryos-110404.html

MagikarpFTW

Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Age 26
    • UK
    • Seen Apr 27, 2012
    The animals I think there is not Pokemon of yet is...

Hamster (Unless Patrat is supposed to be one)
    Dolphin
    Panda
    Goat
    Bowser

NeoPsychedelia

Admiral of the Pokéfleet
    Years
  • I don't believe there's a moose Pokémon. It could possibly be an Ice-type, due to the fact that moose predominantly live up north. Stantler and the Deerling-Sawsbuck chain are probably the closest to a moose, and yet they're only deer.

A narwhal Pokémon would be nice, too.

blue

gucci
    Years
  • The animals I think there is not Pokemon of yet is...

Hamster (Unless Patrat is supposed to be one)
    Dolphin
    Panda
    Goat
    Bowser

Kyogre could be interpreted as a Dolphin as much as I thought that myself, I don't recall there being a tiger Pokémon correct me if I'm wrong? Luxray being the closest.

KingDrapion

dual-type Poison/Dark Pokémon.
    Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2014

Kyogre could be interpreted as a Dolphin as much as I thought that myself, I don't recall there being a tiger Pokémon correct me if I'm wrong? Luxray being the closest.

Kyogre looks more like an Orca to be specific, but it's still in the dolphin family isn't it?
    I reckon Raikou or Arcanine resemble a tiger due to the patterns on them, but Luxray looks more like a lion...
    An animal that I haven't seen as a pokemon yet is the ever annoying mosquito found in the tropics, or even a house fly. how can GF leave out the most annoying bugs in the world?

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
    Years
  • We are in desperate need of more okapi Pokemon because no one seems to know what an okapi is. THIS MUST BE RECTIFIED!

WAITWAITWAIT! It'll be the offspring of a Girafarig and a Zebstrika/Blitzle! That's perfect. Game Freak can just start sending me the design royalties now. :D

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
    Years
  • Some ideas:
    Boa Constrictor
    Hawk
    Death Hawk's Moth
    Wasp

Staraptor is partially based on a hawk, while Beedrill and Vespiquen are partially based on wasps.

I thought about this for now: a stinkbug. There are so many insects out there that haven't been made into Pokemon and the stinkbug is one of them.

Back