• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Animals that don't have a pokemon counterpart

~King~

Old School Trainer
Years
  • Hey folks me and my girlfriend were having a conversation last night about pokemon and we were trying to figure out what animals are left out of the pokemon games

we thought of...

panda
    dolphin
    swan
    barracuda
    falcon
    eagle
    lion?(is shinx?)
    tiger

etc...

if u guys think of more that would be awesome

thanks guys!

-RJ-

Years
  • if dinosaruas count there are no Stagasasurs T rexs Unless Rampados counts theres no real pteradactl unless aerodactly counts i don't think so but nas you can see i reckon there needs to be more dino pokemon. And sorry about the spelling

Gunn

horror resident
    Years
  • if dinosaruas count there are no Stagasasurs T rexs Unless Rampados counts theres no real pteradactl unless aerodactly counts i don't think so but nas you can see i reckon there needs to be more dino pokemon. And sorry about the spelling

Pterodactyl, Aerodactyl--that's good enough for me to accept as a Pterodactyl Pokémon ...

Anyway, I believe that Shinx's animal counterpart is a linx. One, because it's in the name, and two, it has more of a resemblance to one. As for a lion, I find Luxray to make up for that. I would like to see a centipede Pokémon. I can imagine all of those legs.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • lets see, a rhino platypus gorilla

Ryhorn

There hasn't been alot of extinct animals. I'm actually looking forward to a gen where there are more than just four new extinct pokemon, considering there are thousands of species that are currently extinct

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years

• Spinda never gets any love.

Raikou?

Also, gorilla = Slaking?

To add to the list...

Mosquito
    Chipmunk
    Squid (There's an octopus, but it's not the same.)
    A number of parasites (worms, ticks, fleas, et cetera -- even leeches)
    Earthworm
    The sorts of worms found at the bottom of the sea
    Sea anemone
    Ant
    Housefly
    Walking stick (the kind of bug that looks exactly like a stick)
    Tasmanian tiger

And yeah, a number of extinct animals.

Azonic

hello friends
    Years
  • Mosquito Masquerain
    Chipmunk Pachirisu, sort of.
    Squid (There's an octopus, but it's not the same.) Tentacruel, it is sometimes referred to as a squid. <_<
    A number of parasites (worms, ticks, fleas, et cetera -- even leeches) Parasect. XD
    panda Spinda
    falcon / eagle Staraptor
    lion?(is shinx?) Yeah, Shinx.
    tiger Purugly
    Archaeopteryx is the extinct bird. I'm surprised there is no dolphin Pokemon yet.

How is Purugly not a tiger? XD

JX Valentine

Your aquatic overlord
    Years
  • Mosquito Masquerain

Masquerain is a moth, not a mosquito. This is further evidenced by the fact that Masquerain lacks obvious features of the mosquito, including the characteristic piercing proboscis. It would be incredibly unusual for Game Freak to create a Pokemon that actually doesn't carry the trademark features of the animal it's based on.

Chipmunk Pachirisu, sort of.

Squirrels are not chipmunks. They're related, but it's like saying all wolves are dogs.

Squid (There's an octopus, but it's not the same.) Tentacruel, it is sometimes referred to as a squid. <_<

Tentacruel is a Portuguese man o' war, not a squid. They're not actually related. (I've personally never heard it referred to as a squid. At most, a jellyfish.)

A number of parasites (worms, ticks, fleas, et cetera -- even leeches) Parasect. XD

Parasect represents a parasitic mushroom, not the entire umbrella of parasites, which include tons and tons of different, diverse species, so saying Parasect covers all parasites is a lot like saying Beedrill represents all insects. For example, there's a number of worms (tape worms, for example), mites, flukes, and even molds that Parasect just can't represent as just a bug infected with a fungus.

How is Purugly not a tiger? XD

It's a tiger cat, not a tiger. Similar name, but they're actually different animals. The tiger cat is more closely related to the ocelot, in a completely different genus.

Sorry. A bit of a science geek when it comes to animals. ^_^;

GunSaberSeraph

Durandal of the Devic Era
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2016
    as for Dolphins i guess you can count Gorebyss, but it totally sucks and i think it's supposed to be a porpoise.

KageRyuu

The Shadow Dragon
    Years
  • Liger?
    And yes Ligers do exist, they are a combination of Tiger and Lion, duh. They are a hybrid which cannot reproduce though.

Apathetic_Yen

very original
    Years
  • as for Dolphins i guess you can count Gorebyss, but it totally sucks and i think it's supposed to be a porpoise.

wow. that is one not so porpoise like porpoise. I was thinking that its more like an eel, like Huntail, only no where near as ugly

Years
  • Thats the pig pokemon i knew there was one i just could not think of it

(rock on Llama)

Last edited:
    Years
    Tyranitar is a T-rex and Rampardos is supposed to be a Pachycephalosaurus.
    A Stegosaurus Pokemon would be extremely cool though.

One that comes to my mind is the bombardier beetle. I would be an awesome way to combine the bug and fire types. =)
    Oh, and a Lion Fish. water/fire, anyone?

Back