• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

animation help.

Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    can someone help me with my battle animations? i read the guide that says name your animation "Move:THUNDERSHOCK" although as most people know ":" cannot be used in the name of a file. I have the animation saved from the editor, but i can't get it to work ingame. i have no idea what im doing with animations lol.

can someone help me out? or point me to a good guide.

Years
    • Seen Jan 13, 2011
    Move:THUNDERSHOCK is the correct way to create an animation for thundershock. The ":" is needed.

maybe delete the default thundershock

Years
    • Seen Nov 23, 2023
    can someone help me with my battle animations? i read the guide that says name your animation "Move:THUNDERSHOCK" although as most people know ":" cannot be used in the name of a file. I have the animation saved from the editor, but i can't get it to work ingame. i have no idea what im doing with animations lol.

can someone help me out? or point me to a good guide.

move:thunderbolt is not a file - it is an animation in the rmxp database. the file is just a template of x width and y height (i forget the dimentions) with little pictures on them to make your anims with. the file itself could be called DROCTAGONAPUS if you want, as long as you name the animation you make with rmxp correctly.

so: File - examplename.png (an image file with pictures of the correct size and alignment to make you animation with)
    .....Location - go into RMXP. open the resource manager thingy. in the directory on the left click animations, then the imprt button. select your file (example.png) and imprt it, select the transperant colours and such and you're ready to make an animation.
    .....Animation - go inito RMXP, open the data base and click animations. the things you make here use the file to make animations. you name this move:thunderbolt. You can also do it using the included editor if you wanna make the pokemon move.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 20, 2012
    simple guides like this should be around so we get more begginners involved... thanks heaps JIM42

Back