• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime/Manga Anime genres you dislike?

sykotiksonik

Amateur YouTuber/Pokémon Master
    Years
    Not the biggest fan of ecchi, to be honest. Hentai is definitely not one I like

Harem and Reverse Harem anime's have never been interesting to me.

I don't really like Mecha anime too much.

Shojou, Yuri, and Yaoi aren't my thing either.

Other than that, I'm pretty open to giving something a shot if it has an English dub or serialization for the manga

Mr. Meme

Me? Acting serious? HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Years
    Oh boy, I've been waiting for a thread like this. Time to unleash my A N G E R Y.

Everything. Everything sucks. Everything other than, like, the two most mainstream franchises.

Characters: I can break them all down like this.

Edgy Boy: "Y'all are annoying as hell, now excuse me as I slash my wrists to the rhythm of Linkin Park's "Crawling"."
    Cute girl: "^_^ KERWEEWWWEEEE DEEEESUR ;_; NARTIC MA SEEENPOOOUUI"
    Edgy girl: " **** me pls"
    Tsoontsoon: "I HART U BUT HET UUUUUU BERKER"

You get the idea.

Genres:

"Story-based": Boring, boring, BORING! EVERYTHING'S ****ING BORING!!! DO SOMETHING, ANYTHING!!!

WAIT, NO, NOT THAT!!! M Y E Y E S ! ! !

"Comedy": Hahahaha! That guy's face is in her panties! So funi XD! Hilarious and original! 11/10 IGN!

"Action": Time to go on an adventure!

*several hours later*

OH NO!!! EVERYONE'S DEAD!! DRAMA!! MY WIFE LEFT ME!!! OH GOD WHY?!

"Action" #2: Time to go on an adventure!

...Oh, who am I kidding? I'm just gonna play with this girl's boobs while the world is taken over by some evil guy!

"Slice of Life": Hey guys! Today, we're going to tell you a story about a boy and his journey through life! We're going to tell you about the real trials he endures, and how they relate to you! We'll also teach you about how life works, and how you can make the most out of it, while meeting friends along the way!

Haha! April Fools! We're just gonna make sex jokes only 13-year-olds would laugh at! Oh, and don't forget stupid, rushed romantic subplots! With lots of sex jokes!

Tl;dr: I hate everything aside from DBZ and Pokemon. And then again, Pokemon as an anime sucks. So it's really only DBZ. Lol.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
    You okay?

He's very passionate about anime. it's srs bsns

I don't like mecha as a genre so I've never watched many. The last one I was did was Aldnoah Zero because of the Urabuchi hype and that didn't turn out well by the second season. Only Gurren Lagann has been a positive experience with mecha anime and I'd say it's because of the great cast and crazy action.

Gigadweeb

[b][i]The Black Swordsman[/i][/b]
    Years
    I honestly don't really hate specific genres (other than harem and other sexual-based ones bc they almost always have a trash plot and shit characters), but I do hate clichés that usually pertain to certain genres

eg. how a lot of shonen (eg. Dragon Ball) has characters call out the most ridiculous names for their moves midway during a fight, like it just takes me out of any fast-paced, fluid animation and action going on there

that being said I don't really read a whole lot of manga or watch anime that much so it might just be me not being exposed to a lot of different series

thedestinedblade

Radiant Cool Boy
    Years
    Mecha is life. :) (For me anyways)

I honestly watch a little a bit of everything. Harem is really the only one I usually try and avoid. A lot of tropes in that genre just really piss me off.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
    Years
    Mecha, unless it's equipped with space opera of sorts. I don't HATE mecha, but if the mecha doesn't have something to space, I won't like it. So, I like Iron Blooded Orphans (a good mecha, btw), Aldnoah.Zero and whatnot, but I wouldn't like a mecha like Transformers, maybe (which has animes). And comedy by itself. I need other genres to saturate it, like slice of life. =/ Oh, and hentai, obviously. Hentai is always badly done, and I'd rather watch ecchi.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    All the yaoi and yuri and ecchi anime are always so tacky and stereotypical. Luckily, if you do like those genres then you're probably fully prepared to watch the same thing over and over again, and maybe like that aspect of it. No can do on my end, though.

& Look at all this mecha hate, wow. D:

Years
    Mecha, unless it's equipped with space opera of sorts. I don't HATE mecha, but if the mecha doesn't have something to space, I won't like it. So, I like Iron Blooded Orphans (a good mecha, btw), Aldnoah.Zero and whatnot, but I wouldn't like a mecha like Transformers, maybe (which has animes). And comedy by itself. I need other genres to saturate it, like slice of life. =/ Oh, and hentai, obviously. Hentai is always badly done, and I'd rather watch ecchi.

You generally don't like mecha but you like IBO. This triggers the me.

BlazingCobaltX

big mood. bye
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen Jun 19, 2019
    Harem/ecchi, mecha, sports, horror, and I guess historical too? The first two really bother me, and the rest is just not that interesting. When it comes to shounen it's hard to find one that really interests me, because most of them use tropes I generally don't like.

Back