• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Never to be Dubbed

Artemis

i'm no goddess
Years
    • Seen Dec 10, 2013
    What would you do if the pokemon shows were never dubbed into the English version?

Personally, I think I would have cried, but then again, I wouldn't have known about it if it wasn't dubbed into the USA or Europe. SO, I do not think I would miss it, but if it was no longer to be aired or dubbed into the states again, I think it would hurt me bad!!!

Swift!

The Swiftiest
    Years
  • It wouldn't have been as popular outside of Japan, but the Games would have drawn attention to it and so some people would watch it with subtitles. =)

Percy Thrillington

The Mad Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 1, 2023
    If the games got really big and I was as obsessed with the franchise as I am now, I'd probably find a way to watch it with subtitles. If I couldn't watch it with subtitles, I probably wouldn't care. The anime isn't really that great, to be honest.

Alice

(>^.(>0.0)>
    Years
  • I watch anime with subs all the time, prefer it at times in fact. I grew up watching the English version of Pokemon though, so I wouldn't want to change now. Plus they don't seem to have the subbed episodes anywhere... so it'd be pretty hard lol.

Taemin

move.
    Years
    • he / they
    • USA
    • Seen Apr 2, 2024
    I can't say that I wouldn't have gotten into Pokemon.. because I learned about the Japanese version, before the dub was released. Since I was interested in the Japanese version, I probably would've had to watch it raw for some years, with my friend translating it for me.. xD; because at the time I had to no idea that you could watch subs of it online. You probably couldn't back then. :/

If Pokemon hadn't have gotten as huge as it did in the USA, I wouldn't be as big of a fan as I'am now, buuut I would still like it..

Years
    • Seen May 11, 2016
    I totally would have missed it if it stopped airing, but I always have the subtitled version, so it's not that big of a deal.

Besides, even if I never knew about it, I would've stumbled across the subtitled version somehow anyway.

Azumi

★七色に光る女★
    Years
  • Actually, if it weren't for the dub, I wouldn't have hooked back onto Pokemon.
    It's true! The first Hoenn dub episode got me hooked back onto Pokemon, when I kept on chasing onto the episodes...

But I don't like the dub compared to now though... UGH, WHAT'S WITH MY MIND?!

Alakazam17

[b]Long time no see![/b]
    Years
  • Well, if Pokemon were never dubbed, I'd jump for joy, thank the heavens, and chant something about wishes actually coming true once in awhile. :D

Yeah, I hate dubs. And in the case of Pokemon, there are rarely any subtitled versions to watch, so I'm stuck with the English version. If there was no English version, then the subbed version would be oh so more easy to find, and I'd be oh so happy. ^_^

And I got into Pokemon for the games, and that's still the main reason why I'm still in the fandom. =P

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Then I would never have watched Pokemon, liked it or have watched any other anime. The Pokemon anime got me into the games and it also introduced me to other anime through it when I started watching the Japanese version.

Avegaille

Misaka Mikoto > you.
    Years
  • I probably wouldn't care less. I got into Pokemon because of the games, and anime was only secondary. If ever I wanted to watch the anime, there's probably 23432432 subtitles of them out there (if the case scenario of it not being dubbed is placed).

The reason why it's hard to find subtitles is because Pokemon gets dubbed anyways, so people wait patiently for that even if they know it'll suck in one way or another.

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    Pokemon doesn't get subbed much because there aren't enough people to translate, since the fans are younger than that of other anime, not necessarily because they can wait for the dub haha. But all the latest DP episodes have been subbed from about DP94-116 and about 15 or so random DP episodes, which is actually a lot for Pokemon haha. I think the whole of the Kanto Grand Festival arc has been subbed now which is what I've been waiting for.

Last edited:

Blue_Drifblim

¯\(º_o)/¯
    Years
  • Uh... I dunno. It's kinda hard for me to imagine, seeing how it actually is dubbed... I know I'd still play the games, seeing how my older brother had Red and that's where everything pretty much started for me. If the anime wasn't dubbed, I probably wouldn't be as interested as I am now. Something about playing the game and then actually watching it on TV was just so cool.

Last edited:
    Back