• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime of Your Childhood

Years
    • Seen May 28, 2019
    Captain Tsubasa, Digimon Adventure and Detective Conan come to mind. There's many others as well like Slam Dunk, Dragon Ball, Pokemon and Zorro but those three are what I remember most.

Years
    • Seen Oct 22, 2023
    For me, aside from Pokémon, it would have to be Digimon and Yu-Gi-Oh. I had no idea what anime was back then; if I did, I definitely would have tried watching more. :b

starseed galaxy auticorn

[font=Finger Paint][COLOR=#DCA6F3][i]PC's Resident
    Years
  • Mine were Beyblade, Beyblade V-Force, Beyblade G-revolution, Digmon 01 and 02 and Digimon Frontier. I can't even began to name all of the characters I crushed on. That was back when I was really n00bish and annoying. >< The reason I don't watch them anymore is because they are hard to find online. I also don't have the proper attention span to sit down and watch something on my laptop or iPad. :/

Blastin'Tyruntz

Keeps blasting off again!
    Years
  • OOO haha

I remember watching some pokemon, Digimon etc...
    But the one that had an impact on my childhood was Hamtaro. Really, it's an unpopular thing to say, how can a hamster change my life? But he did. It was so cute i watched the episodes over and over again. It was adorable, seeing the lil hamster going round the city with other hamsters.

Years
  • There where so many Magical Girl anime that I watched when I was young. Sailor Moon, Magic Knight Reyearth, Cardcaptor Sakura, Tokyo Mew Mew...then also, I watched the more mainstream stuff like DBZ, and another favorite of mine, Tenchi Muyo and Evangelon

Years
  • Ahhh my god. ;_;

InuYasha, Cardcaptors, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Hamtaro, Digimon, Sailor Moon, Dragon Ball, Tenchi Muyo.. especially Tenchi. That show affected my life so much as a kid and I was so attached to the story.

Definitely missing some but that's all that sprang to my mind.

Phazon Elemental

roving snob
    Years
    • Seen Apr 24, 2021
    Let's never mind Pokemon and Digimon. Those are obvious.

My bro had a few tapes of Gundam Wing and Trigun, as well as the first DVD of The Big O. He only let me see the first... two? episodes of Trigun, because it gets really, really dark. I remember the first episode just being freakin' hilarious, though. Gundam Wing was pretty fun, too, what I'd seen of it, and not horribly heart-wrenching early on the way, say, Zeta Gundam was. It was pretty much Babby's First Sunrise Mecha Show, honestly, and had I started with something like Zeta or, God help me, 0080 when I was ten, I would probably be a broken mess today.

There was also some other stuff on Toonami -- DBZ and the like -- that I watched occasionally. When he left home, I started running into some CLAMP works and was really into that. When the whole eighth grade class went on a weekend-long trip around Chicago and I couldn't go, someone brought me back a copy of the first volume of the Chobits manga. Which is both pretty cool and pretty weird.

So basically, I think what I'm trying to say is that I discovered anime and manga around the time when you could actually get it for a price that an eighth-grader from a family of average means could afford and they are filthy enablers. Wait, what?

Eevee3

╰( ´・ω・)つ━☆゚.* ・。゚
    Years
  • My first anime, like most people was Pokemon. It was a HUGE deal around where I lived and it had adorable creatures so of course I got sucked into it! I was too young (3+) to even know it was an anime anyways. xD

As I got older I still watched Pokemon a lot and Pokemon was still a huge part of me then too but I also watched a bunch of other anime too. Hamtaro and Digimon were two that I got really into as well. Had merchandise of them and such :3

I saw a bunch of anime on tv like Dragonball and Yu-Gi-Oh but I never got into them because they didn't interest me. I watched a little Sailor Moon because my best friend was into it but I never got into it as much.

TwilightBlade

All dreams are but another reality.
    Years
  • ??? - I remember coming home and watching Sailor Moon and Cardcaptor Sakura, but I don't know how old I was. :(

1999 - I remember in 2nd grade, we voted what movie we want to watch and it was the first Pokemon movie. Everyone at my school liked Pokemon. The first Pokemon episode I believe I saw was the one where they found the Togepi egg and woke up an Aerodactyl.

2003 - I remember watching Fullmetal Alchemist on Toonami or Adult Swim. I don't think I saw past episode 20s, though. I watched other series on TV, such as Inuyasha and Zatch Bell. I don't think I understood that I was watching 'anime' until...

2005 - My best friend and I were really hooked onto Naruto. She was the one who bought manga and showed me the volumes.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 28, 2019
    Pokemon, Digimon & YugiOh were the big three when I was really young. The first anime I watched knowing it was anime was Naruto.

Dter ic

Fire Emblem....[b]HEROES[/b]
    Years
  • Had exposure to a bunch of magical girl shows when I was young; some I remember are Cardcapture Sakura, Sailor Moon and Tokyo MewMew (Aired on POPGIrl but then suddenly stopped airing the dubs)

Pokemon came about when I watch the Diamond and Perl series and followed most of the epiosdes on a daily basis.

One I remember owning on DVD was the Initial D third stage movie which eventually lead me to watch the actual series late on.

Melty~

Deku Princess(?)
    Years
    • Age 33
    • USA
    • Seen Jun 7, 2014
    Pokemon, Digimon, and Sailor Moon are what come to mind from when I was a young girl, but when I was a preteen, I got into .hack//SIGN. I still love that show.

inheartstaco

Lightning Dragon Slayer
    Years
  • Besides the most obvious (Pokemon, Digimon, and Dragon Ball Z)

- Cardcaptor Sakura
    - Sailor Moon
    - Gurren Lagaan
    - Yu-G-Oh

Years
    • Seen Jan 29, 2017
    The animes of my chilhood were:
    -Doraemon
    -Mirmo
    -Captain tsubasa
    -Detective Conan
    -Spirited away (I've seen this film like ten times and I'll never get bored, It's without any doubt the anime wich made me love anime)

Lord Kraith 2

Старый Сергей
    Years
  • My Childhood Anime was

1994-2001
    1. Urusei Yatsura (maybe or might be something similar, was one at the time)
    2. Megazone 23
    3. Saint Seiya
    4. Original 1979 Gundam
    5. Gundam Z
    6. Gundam ZZ
    7. Dairuger(Voltron)
    8. Bubblegum Crisis
    9. Kimagure Orange Road
    10. Maison Ikkoku
    11.Creamy Mami?
    12. Galatt (maybe was only 2 at the time)

2001-2004
    1. Sailor Moon (I cannot forget about my Sailor Venus crush at the time)

2. Original Macross
    3. Mospeada
    4. Pokemon(Покемон)
    5. Some Bits of Galaxy Express 999
    6. Card Captor Sakura
    7. Dragon Ball

1.Evangellion

This is list of just what I remember watching as a kid. There is more to the list but I cannot remember.
    All of anime from my early childhood 1994-2001 were all either 80's or 70's and the later childhood(2001-2005) from 90's.
    I was exposed to anime since around 1 or 2. There is many anime where I live at the time and even channels that shows anime at morning and night time on weekends and at 16:00- 18:00 on weekdays. I remember wanting to rent tapes of various anime.

For Pokemon, I don't recognize about until 2003. Though still good memories and my favorite was "Mewtwo Returns".
    I was very hooked on Sailor Moon when it first came out in December '01. At the time, I was always waiting for next episode. I also remember having a crush on Minako.

Out of all anime in my childhood, my most favorite would be the UC Gundam and Macross Series. I like the Mecha genre the most even today. I spent more money on merchandise of those two series at the time than other anime. I like Mecha anime the most out of all anime.

I still watch 80's and 90's anime today btw. Miss the days when everyone was talking about Gundam, Macross, and Sailor Moon.

Yuuki_Asura

Rom Hack Lover as of 2009... XD
    Years
  • I don't know Anything about anime when I watched theses around the Year 2001-2005

1.Pokemon [i still have some cards Even Premier Edition ones]
    2.Beyblade [I used own a Driger Beyblade]
    3.Yu-Gi-Oh (2002) [i still have a Collecter Tin i think]
    4.Battle B-Daman [I used to own a Cobalt Blade]
    and some of Dragon Ball Z i Watched on tv (Budokai 3 was one of my first PS2 Games)

DBZ Is Best Anime i have ever Watched in my Whole life

I stopped Watching anime after that :(

2006-Present : I started Watching Anime Again, After watching one Episode of Naruto Aired on Cartoon Network
    Strange thing Though Somehow Naruto Reminded me of Goku from DBZ , Hmmmm... Maybe its Their Willpower to Become the Best they be or is it , that Both Characters Teached me Same Lesson,
    to Never Give Up that easy & Fight till the very end....

i'm Happy That Anime became apart of my Childhood and i learned to Never Give Up when things get Tough in Life

SuperJanBro

Renegade
    Years
  • My childhood animes had to be Pokémon, and Zatch Bell. As mediocre as the anime was now that I look back on it.... I can't not love to watch it. It's one of those animes that give me a nostalgic feeling whenever I go back and watch it!

Years
  • My childhood animes had to be Pokémon, and Zatch Bell. As mediocre as the anime was now that I look back on it.... I can't not love to watch it. It's one of those animes that give me a nostalgic feeling whenever I go back and watch it!

Ah! I remember Zatch Bell, although it wasn't one of the series that I would regularly watch. Don't know much about the series other than the main character is some sort of puppet...or something.

Back