• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime or Manga

Manga or Anime?

• Neither, I do not like anime or Manga or do not know what they are

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Akio123

Sadness forever...
Years
  • I know, I know, they are essentially the same thing. However, I would like to know if some one would rather read a Manga of something like Pokemon or Carg Captor Sakura or would they like to see the anime of it.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    Anime, manga misses some out i know by reading the naruto manga ^_^;

Ran

anime fan of doom!!!11one
    Years
  • Manga because it has sometimes more events that don't happen in the anime. Or sometimes it had less for more fillery animes. And plus, it's cheaper and easier to carry around.

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Manga, it's the original source where the anime get adapted ninety percent of the time. I like the art better usually, and other stuff. But the animes usually have great music, and now I'll move this to the correct area.*moved*

Last edited:

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
  • To cover the details that animes can't is why mangas are made. Mangas aren't always written first. Sometimes after the anime has been out for a while they decide to make a manga due to its popularity. I myself do not prefer one over the other. I really think in some situations one is better than the other. For example Card Captor Sakura. The mangas were a whole lot better than the anime "Cardcaptors."

pika2000

Millennium Mouse
    Years
    • Seen Aug 23, 2006
    Manga
    although I hardly ever read mangas I think they are better, because they are more interesting
    sometimes they also have better drawings than the actual anime

Kenta

OK! Kanpeki!
    Years
  • I like both actually.

Yu Yu Hakusho(Tossup-I like both)

Inuyasha(anime gets the nod cause of good filler characters)

Pokemon(Manga of Pokemon Special-more intuned to the game and all its characters)

DBZ(Anime)-some early Saiyan Saga filler was excellent, Gohan's training), plus some scenes added that made more sense.

Ranma(Manga definately, Ryouga gets a cute girlfriend, better end than the anime)

Kenshin(tossup-anime for music and effects, manga for closure)

Years
    • Seen Apr 2, 2023
    Atemu said:
    To cover the details that animes can't is why mangas are made. Mangas aren't always written first. Sometimes after the anime has been out for a while they decide to make a manga due to its popularity. I myself do not prefer one over the other. I really think in some situations one is better than the other. For example Card Captor Sakura. The mangas were a whole lot better than the anime "Cardcaptors."
    That was just the dub of it, the original CCS anime is quite good actually. And MOST of the time an anime comes from a manga, with stuff like Big O or NGE, the manga is made after it like you said, to put in some stuff the anime didn't cover or just to provide a different medium for it.

Years
  • But I love both....But I would have to say Manga.......Most of the time the anime's are shorter then the manga's. Even though Inuyasha isn't like that really....^_^

Lucid

meh... it always has a better chance of not beeing altered, like anime dubs are.

digi-kun

Hourai NEET
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Mar 12, 2018
    Kinda hard IMO...
    Manga - the original plot, basic character stuff, you can let em sound how you want em to sound...
    Anime - the guys keep the plot, but add a bunch a fillers to extend it...sometimes distorts the end of the manga...also gives a bunch of voices to the characters...

Atemu

Two souls in one(bargain)
    Years
  • Hmmmm...

Blue said:
    That was just the dub of it, the original CCS anime is quite good actually. And MOST of the time an anime comes from a manga, with stuff like Big O or NGE, the manga is made after it like you said, to put in some stuff the anime didn't cover or just to provide a different medium for it.

Well maybe I should give the anime another chance. And though sometimes the manga is made after the anime a lot of times they make the anime after the manga has already been made. A couple of examples: Dragonball Z and Negima!

Peach

Finnish Love ♥
    Years
  • I can't pic 'cause it depends...Like Pokemon and Sailor Moon are better as an anime than manga but Wedding Peach and Ranma ? are better as a manga.

Back