• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Anime Recommendation Thread!!!

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
Years
  • Whoop Whoop! Anyways I saw the Manga Recommendation Thread and I was like why don't we have an anime one of these... (Credits to JaytheKing) Anywaaays I made this so that everyone could just recommend some anime to each other when were all trying to find a new anime to watch!

Sooo... Right now I'm looking for a good romance anime XD Preferably Slice-of-Life and Dramatic/Sad

Some anime of this type that I have seen just so y'all can get an idea or know what not to recommend

Clannad
    AnoHana
    Kanon
    Angel Beats
    Juuust a few... you could also check out MyAnimeList in my sig

Weeaboo Name

Banned
    Years
  • Haibane Renmei
    Mawaru Penguindrum
    Cardcaptor Sakura
    Koi Kaze
    Beck
    Rose of Versailles
    Hyouka
    Cross Game
    Nodame Cantabile
    Revolutionary Girl Utena

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looking at your list...

Soul Eater and Vampire Knight might be suited to you :).

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • @Lapras thanks for all the suggestions! I have seen Hyouka and I really liked them but ill have to check out the ones on your list

@SwiftSign I've been meaning to see Soul Eater... It looks pretty good!

Khawill

<3
    Years
  • My personal favorite is XXXholic (the xxx apparently also means "insert word here"). I watched it around the same time I watched Clannad and Angel Beats, and I liked it better than both (especially after what they do to you =.=)

I just completed steins;gate, and that was both good and sad.

Years
  • I don't know to many anime but I do love it, but one I found to be very cool and enjoyable would be (You probably already know/seen it but) Death note. I forgot the name of this other one I liked, but it had something to do with the fighting the spirit world, ah.. It'll come back eventually. Haha :)

Edit: It's the xxxHolic! I remember now! Haha;)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Code Geassu! It's the only anime I've watched under my own volition. And yes :'( anohana :'(''''''''''''''''

Austin1395

Dark-type Trainer
    Years
  • Apologies for two things ahead of time.
    1) If any of these have been said already
    2) For the long list

Darker Than Black - Highly recommend
    Angel Beats
    Soul Eater
    Full Metal Alchemist
    Rosario + Vampire
    Kaze No Stigma
    High School of the Living Dead
    Dance in the Vampire Bund
    Eden of the East
    Black Butler
    Girls Bravo
    Witchblade
    Speed Grapher
    Baka & Test
    XXXholic
    Xam'd: Lost Memories

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Apr 12, 2014
    I've been watching Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. It's fantastic, but it's dark, demented, and above all, depressing.

So I kind of want to watch a lighthearted series that has zero conflict. Nothing but smiles and laughter. Anyone have any ideas?

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
    Years
  • I've been watching Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. It's fantastic, but it's dark, demented, and above all, depressing.

So I kind of want to watch a lighthearted series that has zero conflict. Nothing but smiles and laughter. Anyone have any ideas?

Hanamaru kindergarten , Lucky star.
    Hanamaru Kindergarten is pretty cute and funny.
    Lucky star is less cute but really funny as well

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • I've been watching Rainbow: Nisha Rokubou no Shichinin. It's fantastic, but it's dark, demented, and above all, depressing.

Yuru Yuri, but one of season 2's episodes is really sad so beware of The Akari Who Leapt Through Time (episode 11).

Nichijou. The conflicts are so over-the-top that they're downright hilarious. It made one of my friends laugh until he threw up.

Joshiraku, although it's a little boring unless you're comfortable with nothing but talking and slapstick. Each episode has one scene with the girls doing stuff outside (and their outfits are always really cute), but for the most part it takes place in their dressing room. The sub group (gg) did a great job with translating the large amounts of wordplay.

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years

SCHOOL RUMBLE!!!! Hands down in my opinion the funniest anime i've ever seen! The wannabe romances are hilarious and Harima is just one of the most awesome anime chracters ive seen xD

KriegStein

Nuclear Reactor
    Years
  • Id suggest these:
    GTO: Great Teacher Onizuka (A great humor/slice of life anime)
    Welcome To The NHK (also humor but also slice of life. NOTE: humor is a little dark sometimes also the series has some very depressing themes )
    Gankutsuou The Count Of Monte Cristo (Fabulous looking Drama and slice of life)
    Nausicaä of Wind Valley (or what ever its called. A Miazaki movie through and through)
    FlCl (from the same team that brought Gurren Lagan. The anime is about...epic randomness
    Panty & Stocking with Garterbelt ( I recommend this with slight carefulness. The anime is very immature and the humor reflects it. its like a japanese South Park. So its either a total hit or miss...)

EDIT: If it was strictly romance or slice for life the the last few are off. (of course) :D

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 2, 2013
    Angel Beats (Comedy)

School Rumble
    One Piece
    Toradora
    Full Metal Panic

Tsurera

Sculptor
    Years
  • I'll just list my favorites-

Cowboy Bebop
    Escaflowne
    Evangelion
    Ouran High school Host Club (this anime cheers me every time)
    Fullmetal Alchemist Brotherhood (Not the first one)
    FLCL
    Sailor Moon

Ozymandias

i'm going on a journey
    Years
  • Hmmm... Since I'm watching Gurren Lagann and that's really over the top and awesome

I want something really dark...

Shows that i've seen that i kinda want it to be like include:

Aoi Bungaku
    Higurashi Series

Kinda all i remember XD but, do not recommend Elfen Lied already seen that junk and hated it

Sweets Witch

I just love ham jerky.
    Years
  • Hmmm... Since I'm watching Gurren Lagann and that's really over the top and awesome

I want something really dark...

Shows that i've seen that i kinda want it to be like include:

Aoi Bungaku
    Higurashi Series

Kinda all i remember XD but, do not recommend Elfen Lied already seen that junk and hated it

If you've seen Higurashi then watch Umineko. Plot's great. Animation quality's iffy, but so were parts of Higurashi. Doctor Nanjo looks like somebody glued a 'stache on a potato.

There's also Another, although I personally didn't enjoy it. It's pretty brutal and it added on to my fear of umbrellas.

Back